Is Vanilla Really That Bad?

Discussion in 'Vanilla Discussion' started by royboooooy, May 26, 2015.

1. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

Vanilla isn't that bad, at least I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be. I completely agree with CDriscoll, Vanilla has no downloads and a very fast loading time. Lots of people take advantage of this and come on solely to RDM, Troll, etc. This is of course why Vanilla has the most bans, by a very large margin. Vanilla also offers the newer players players speedy access to our community, which can sometimes itself lead to RDM and Bans due to many of them neglecting to read the MOTD.

Vanilla attracts a lot of respectable and friendly players as well. However, the many outweigh these few, and that's why many feel Vanilla is seemingly distasteful.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. urisk2

urisk2 ~Rawr~ I'm a polar bear VIP

Vanilla USED to be bad. Ask staff who were around for its release (or even 1-2 months after although it was slightly better then).

Now its about the same as other servers although it tends to have more, easier reports.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChibiBear

ChibiBear VIP

Vanilla is where all the cool kids hangout

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I think @Carned mentioned why more trolls were seen on vanilla.

Here's the number one reason; It has like a 1-2 minute download, unlike the other servers, a 5-10 minute download.

Why wait 5 minutes if you plan to get banned? It's easy to be in fast and out fast. But take it from me, vanilla is fun and simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

You say that cause you get to use your recoil hacks :sneaky:

(Inside joke involving a false hacking report, BlueCore does not actually hack)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

Honestly, Vanilla isn't that bad. It's bad for the first 5 minutes, but once you get rid of the troublemakers (Which normally go in the first 5 minutes) it becomes a lot more stable and fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

Vanilla = type !report if you are mad about dying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

Because of all the RDM reports the staff get they're too busy to notice it ;) I only turn it off when the server's calm - so typically one round every hour. Jokes

You like to bring this up often Noctorious, aha.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Like it has been mentioned a few times before, Vanilla is a shitshow because a troll's mindset is to piss off the most people in an efficient timeframe. They look for a highly populated server with a short download time. Unfortunately, our Vanilla server fits the bill.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pugrus

Pugrus VIP

It's pretty bad if there are no mods on, like if there is a mod then they leave someone will find out and just start going ham on everyone. Just never play in the morning, or near 4PM because that's when the squeakers come on and get pissy about stuff. Also not to mention that people will never trust you about anything unless you make friends with them. Vanilla is like that kid you hang out with that you know is bad. He's nice some of the time if it's the right place and it's a good day but he's annoying every other day. You want to go but something keeps pulling you back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Pugrus

Pugrus VIP

It's great at night or in the morning because even if there isn't a mod it reverts to a some what normal server, there's still rdm but we can kind of handle it if there aren't any mods on, plus there's usually only one rdmer on instead of 20. It's really fun to just to count how many people get banned on vanilla, then go to East and count how many bans there are in an hour. It's like you walk into vanilla, 5 seconds later there's a ban, atleast like 1 per round if not that. I don't know why but I never venture out of vanilla that much, I have more time there than any other server, the most for the others is about 17/30H (can't remember will update) while vanilla dominates at about 280H

12. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Seeing as I never play anything but Vanilla, I've got no clue what you're talking about :D

13. Ricox

Ricox Member

I like it, makes the game more balanced that there's proper guns you can actually hear and whatnot. Played on the East servers and the guns are crazy there.

The main difference is that the Minecraft server attracts many underage children, while East seems to have a much better community (except the part that when it's full there's minimum 5 people talking over each other, adding to inability to hear gunshots).

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Kaester

Kaester VIP

It's really not that bad if there are mods enforcing the rules. Often, mod support really helps against the trolls, RDMers, and the horrendously rude. It's more like going to Los Angeles. Sometimes you end up in a really fun time (mornings, some nights, even sometimes deep into the late nights), and other times you end up in Compton during the 1990s (or rather when kids get out of school and get on Gmod). Worst case scenario just learn to mute a bunch of people if they really get edgy.

I spend most of my time on vanilla due to better performance and also due to its simplicity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

I have had probably the most fun on the STTT servers on the Vanilla servers, but it is at a certain time. There comes times when the troll influx is just awful, but then others, it is a blast! So it's all about timing!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Get on right after it comes up after a crash or downtime. You can get like 1 hour of blissful gameplay with only about 10 players.

17. Marth

Marth You'll definitely forget Rozboon. Supporter

This is what happens when somebody tells me to go on vanilla.
    [​IMG]

And when you join vanilla and there's 12 reports on round 6
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

Contrary to popular belief, vanilla really isn't all that bad. Even when it is hectic and there are people on there that are less than kind it doesn't matter because it can still be fun. It is what you make of it. Go on there with a smile and chat with everyone and things will change. Laugh with the people, be calm when someone makes a mistake and it will change the mood drastically.

You will have fun if you try.

I'm not going to sugar coat it, as a mod it can be stressful. You have countless reports to deal with, new people who don't know the rules, really bad mic spammers, harassers, the whole kit and caboodle. It can be tough. But it is all about the mind set that you join the server with and that is something I have learnt as a vanilla only mod. Go on there with the mind set that "this can be fun" and it will be.

Simple as that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Not like you can compare it to the other servers bae >.>

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

I know that. But I also never said this was in comparison to the other servers xD This is just my opinion as it stands and I doubt it will ever change. I am a vanilla gal at heart :p

• Like Like x 2