Answered Is this rdm?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Igneus, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Igneus

Igneus VIP Silver

So I was playing on EU'nilla and this happened.

Player A is inno, Player B is inno, Player C is traitor and player D is inno

Player B koses Player C as they commited a traitorous act.

Player A then says, "If Player C is innocent, Kos Player B"

Nothing happens to Player C but Player D kills Player B because he said there was a 'kos'

Would this count as rdm?

I was talking about this with @Qaaap and we were both confused to what would happen.
    Any input would be appreciated :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Player D committed RDM bc there was no KOS on Player B.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

---NVM---

I read the message wrong

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

Yes, this would be a case of RDM by Player D.

The reason why is because of two reasons:
    1. There was no KOS called on Player B (Player A's statement is not a KOS)
    2. The role of Player C is not known, so Player D cannot kill Player B for calling that KOS

Now, this kill could have the potential to be valid. If Player C had KOS'd Player B in return, Player D would have every right to kill Player B, as there was an actual KOS called.

For further clarification, Player A's statement of, "if Player C is innocent, then KOS Player B", is not a valid KOS, and you cannot kill for it. Putting conditionals into a KOS like "if he has this gun" or "if he comes out of this room" aren't valid KOSes, as it leaves some uncertainty in the call-out. The statement needs to be 100% certain in order to be a valid KOS, such as "KOS xXplayerXx" or "thisguy is a traitor!"

Hope that clears things up. Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic.