Gun Changes!

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Desu, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Desu

Desu Supporter

One thing I love about this server is all the non-vanilla weapons. However I think alot of them are completely useless due to being underpowered.

I think it would be neat to see somewhat of a normalization with the gun stats to make them slightly more similar and therefore more fair. I'll just make a bullet list of my opinions o;
    • Mp7 needs nerfed (but I know it's a T weapon and requires a credit.)
    • Jackhammer needs nerfed to be simliar to other Shotguns
    • MP5's firing rate needs increased
    • Mossberg needs buffed for being a pump action
    • AUG's recoil needs fixed, AUG's scope reticle needs readjusted for accuracy.
    • P90 needs a slight nerf (although it's my first love.)
    • KRISS needs slightly buffed
    • Honey Badger needs firing rate/Magazine Size nerfed due to having the advantage of a silencer
    • M16 scope enabled? o:
    • Vanilla Shotgun nerfed firing rate
    • Double Barrel(?) I don't personally think it's that OP but I hear alot of complaints.
    • HK SL8 needs buffed badly, it's like 5 shots to the body...

I don't know how extensive the gun mechanics are on Gmod if the guns can even be tweaked but yeah just my 2 cents. <3 I'm just cute.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

1) Nope its Fine
    2) Nope its fine
    3) Don't use it
    4) Its a shotgun, it will 1 shot at close ranges
    5) Its a high recoil gun, deal with it
    6) It actually needs a buff, lol
    7) Its trash, noone uses it
    8) It's not silenced, it just has reduced sound, hence why its not a t weapon, also the gun fires fine & no it doesnt need more ammo
    9) It is
    10) Gun already kills fast enough
    11) yeah its OP
    12) Its a rifle, you aim for the head for fuck sake

TL:DR - Use the AK and the Colt or get better at the game.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. totally agree. All of these guns are fine except for Db which has been rumored to be getting deleted slowly, even though it's still present in most maps.

4. Wompzilla

Wompzilla Former Administrator Banned VIP+ Silver

Honestly, the game is pretty much fine as it stands. As your play time increases, and you become more experienced with what this server offers, you'll end up having less and less complaints. That goes for both the weapons and maps. Newer players typically have these complaints, but eventually get over them once they learn how to properly handle any situation that is thrown at them.

There really isn't anything on these servers that dramatically improve a certain side's chances of succeeding. Its always just about how people play the game. If you're playing with experienced players, it really doesn't matter what weapons people have.

With that experience, people learn what weapons work best for them. Some of the older players have used certain weapons for so long that they basically hate any other. If you start changing all of the weapon specs, I guarantee you it'll just end up pissing a lot of people off.

5. Desu

Desu Supporter

Your attitude is the reason I made this post. You're needlessly hateful and you seem to not understand the term "nerf" whatsoever.

"use the AK and colt or get better the game" is a wonderful attitude for a mod to have. kek.

Why did this server add more guns if you push for the "use the same 3-4 guns or gtfo" mentality. -_-

• Can you explain your reasoning that the MP7 and Jackhammer aren't OP?
    • The Mossberg doesn't 1 hit body armor targets at point blank headshots. Seems legit. The Vanilla shotgun doesn't matter because it's a semi, this breaks the mossberg. Compensate it for being a pump.
    • You ignored the AUG's broken scope; a scope was added to this server, you ignored that.
    • You think the P90 needs buffed. Your opinion is basically void just from this alone.
    • "It's shit because nobody uses it". "Nobody" uses it because it is shit. You have it backwards, like most of your logic.
    • "It's not silenced, it just has reduced sound." Did you even think before you typed that?
    • Pick up the M16 and click Mouse2. Wrong again.
    • HK SL8 is inaccurate as fuck, not all shots are headshots. Even most rifles are 2 shots to the body.
    I said the honey badger needs it's firing rate and ammo NERFED. that means REDUCED ammo. It's easy to be cocky when you misrepresent what I say...

This was just a suggestion, if you disagree then just disagree, can you please be respectable about it and offer something that's constructive and explain your reasoning? Saying things like "Nope, it's fine" is meaningless and comes off as really cocky and makes you look like an asshole.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Carned

Also the server has more guns to have variety if every gun was super OP then what would be the point? None.
    It makes players play a good amount of time to learn what's good and what isn't, take COD or BF, not every gun is good.

My attitude is fine, 90% of the server uses those guns, its common knowledge that they're the best guns.

Mp7 - Short range weapon, also its a T weapon, it needs to be powerful.

Jackhammer has a huge damage dropoff.

The P90 is bad. So my opinion is wrong because i know the game? Seems like your the arrogant cocky one.

Scope isn't broken it works fine, never use it though.

Silencer means its SILENT, & in TTT terms, no scream, but it does allow people to scream &you can clearly tell when a Honeybadger is being fired.

I suggest YOU pick up the M16 and try it, it works fine.

The HK isn't inaccurate considering your the one pointing and aiming where it shoots, also its increased rate of fire is why it takes more body shots.

I gave you reasons for every weapon, and yeah im cocky because im right.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  7. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

Here's my take:

- The MP7 is fine, considering it's only accurate out to a fairly short distance, the slightly increased damage and silencer make it a balanced T weapon overall. T weapons should be slightly more powerful than regular guns anyway, otherwise what's the point.

- I think if the Jackhammer had a slightly reduced fire rate it would make up for the power. I mean let's face it, when a T gets a hold of one it's pretty much gg.

- The P90 actually does crap damage. It might seem like it's overpowered because in most games it's known as the "Pro 90", "P Ninny" etc. etc. but in reality it has a high spread and low damage output on the server.

- He's right about the AUG recoil. It renders the scope effectively useless, go ahead and give the AUG scope a try, it's pretty crazy trying to aim with it. The hip-fire recoil seems to be okay though.

- Mossberg's alright, it has high enough power in the buck that you can get a 1-shot kill if aimed well enough.

- The Vector's garbage, it's on the list of guns that desperately need a damage buff.

- ^ Same story with the MP5, except it needs a fire rate buff instead of a damage buff.

- The Honey Badger is very well balanced in my opinion, although @Carned I'm not sure why you think it's not silenced. It's not silenced in the sense that people don't scream when killed (like the MP7 or Dragunov), but it is definitely sound-suppressed the same way.

- The M16 would be better off having a gun model without a scope if you ask me. No the scope does not work, it zooms in similar to how the AUG/SG552 do in CS:confused: but it does not scope in like the HK SL8 or the AUG. Other than that it's pretty balanced. Scoped medium-range, medium-power rifles just don't work that well and feel clunky.

- The Shotgun works well, it takes usually 2-3 shells to kill someone (unless you get a lucky point-blank headshot), it has a high spread that requires very close-range shooting in order to get a quick kill.

-
    I've said it before, an easy fix to the Double Barrel would be to make it a 2-shot weapon (like most Double Barrels IRL) where each shell does anywhere from 50-60 damage. Then you can tweak the fire rate to your liking. Boom, balanced.

-
    The HK SL8 is a unique weapon reserved for people that can aim well enough to be able to get consistent headshots. I don't think it needs nerfing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Each weapon is unique. This means each weapon playstyle will be unique.

Note: Not all weapons on the world are balanced. Some suck and some are good; that's how I would want the guns on the server.

9. Desu

Desu Supporter

@Carned You are simply incorrect on alot of things you say. I'm done acknowledging you because you're too toxic to discuss this with.

@Big Al Yes, the P90 is OP imo because of it's mag size. I know it's a normal feature of the gun but Gmod's hitboxes and latency stuff makes it seem broken because of the spray. Carned is simply wrong about the AUG and M16. The AUG's Scope is a joke and the M16 has a tweaked model but the scope is simply cosmetic. The honey badger aswell has a HUGE advantage of being silenced so I simply suggested it get slightly nerfed as compensation. +1 to your Double barrel suggestion.

@MangoTango I hope I didn't come across as wanting every gun to be OP. I just think it's broken mechanics that some of the guns are laughably bad, the AUG for example. It's not just an underpowered gun, it's simply coded incorrectly. The Scope is pure RNG and that's what I was mostly wanting to address. Even if the argument for the AUG is that it's meant to be a sniping Assault Rifle, that's just not a case. It's simply unusable and I don't think theres an excuse to justify that.

10. Carned

11. @Carned @Desu

setting is changable in the f1 menu. scopes kinda work

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

It's not a functional scope though is what he was getting at. The gun would work the exact same if the model didn't have a scope on it. An actual scoped gun has it's own set of scoped recoil/spread values, shows the scope overlay on the screen and zooms in a lot further.

13. Desu

Desu Supporter

Pretty much, I actually didn't know you could change the settings to make it work like that, although It's obvious stats don't change.

14. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

The M16 has a red dot reticle and not a scope that would zoom it in. You can't compare it to the AUG for that reason.

15. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

• The mp7 isn't all that more powerful than the "good" regular weapons. It surely does seem good in the hands of a good player but it's an average weapon
    • The Jackhammer is intended to be a little OP since detectives need a weapon they can rely on. And buying this with your first credit means forgoing other useful equipment such as a HP station, Defuser, or Radar.
    • Not all guns are meant to be equal. It's intended that some guns are worse than others.
    • The Mossberg is fine.
    • The AUG has minimal recoil, and is a rather poor weapon to use anyways.
    • P90 is a spray and pray weapon. It takes a lot of ammo to secure a kill unless you go for headshots, so this weapon is fine.
    • As with all of the less-than-ideal weapons, not all weapons are meant to be at an equal playing field.
    • Honey badger is fine. It's already less powerful than other weapons of its class, and it's not silent. It can be heard from just as far away as any other weapon.
    • You can enable the scope in the settings, but it's not recommended as the scope inhibits your view.
    • Vanilla shotgun is fine. It's usually 2-3 hit kill so it needs the firing rate.
    • DB is OP if you can get your targets alone. Which isn't hard in TTT.
    • HK SL8 is intended for headshots. If you're only getting body shots then this weapon is not for you. It's a skill cannon and one of the most powerful weapons in the game under the right hands.

16. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This applies for all (Except for the scrubble barrel)

17. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

It may not be broken, but that's not to say it couldn't be improved.

I've always disliked this quote for that reason.

18. I've gotten used to him ages ago.

19. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

My take
    1. Mp7 is fine as it is. When you spend a credit on it, you have to expect it to be worth it.
    2. Similar to the MP7, it has to be powerful.
    3. MP5 is fine as it is. Its not COD.
    4. I could vouch for a buff on the mossberg.
    5. Almost no one uses the scope. And whats a gun without recoil...
    6. P90 is fine as it is.
    7. KRISS is fine
    8. You can hear the honey badger being shot at.
    9. Yes it is enabled. its fine.
    10. Shotguns on vanilla are practically the most used weapons on vanilla due to its HUGE DPS. It's the next best gun counter to another shotgun wielding person and a VIP with an AK or P90. Nerf the firing rate. and the VIPS have a huge advantage with their AK's/P90.
    11. Double barrels are meant to "delete" a player. THey have that 1 shot reload system to counter that immense power. So its balanced. the reload is pretty long too.
    12. Seriously, who uses the HK?