Goodbye to a 'friendly community'

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Electric Mind, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Although most of you don't know me probably because I don't contribute to the community in any way other than offering help and being the nicest person I try to be, I am saying goodbye to those select few that actually got to know me, care for me, and even tried persuading me to stay after the first time I was about to leave. This server was created from a game. We are supposed to enjoy a game and have fun with friends but this community and past staff have prevented that from even happening. With all the troubles I have had in my life and all the issues that occurred, I couldn't deal with the negativity and unfriendliness of everyone else. For those select few that ever got my number, that will be the only way they can contact me. Ill be different alias on steam, terminate my account on teamspeak, and formally resign to STTT with a promise to myself to never come back. I do wish to let everyone know that I understand I am not the only one with personal IRL issues, but if you are not willing to hear a person's issues nor share your issues with another, what is the point of being part of the human population. We are human, we care for each other, and for those who don't, do not deserve to live. Human population, setting aside our physical differences, work together for success an cooperate, despite the intolerable aspects of certain others, we ignore those aspects and cherish the positive ones, because we all have bad sides of us; but that does not allow us to make someone less worthy than they actually are. I will miss those who actually cared for me despite my annoying and intolerable aspects.
    These people are:
    @Alpha Wolfy for being one of my first friends on STTT (for also getting me donator to actually,
    @kynwall for actually being there for me as a friend to have fun with me and getting L4D2 for me,
    @Harry Potter a young boy but a great friend for even staying to enjoy the frosted showing and singing with Atoz and Lady Vanilla
    @Alchemized for being a good friend and sticking up for me
    @Rae For being a nice friend despite my annoying personality
    @Kythol for being a cool friend despite my anger with other staff members and my venting.

And Finally
    @PoltySauce for being the most kind and respectful person I met here along with @FrostedBlade (these two were the only reason I did not leave earlier as I planned to do)

For those who I didn't mention, either I do not know you or have no issue about you, or you are the people that drove me to even decide and fill out a farewell.

Now I really don't care if people say they always come back because I know for a fact this will be the last time you see a typed message from me or even hear me speak ever again. For those who respond saying good luck with life don't bother typing it or replying because most times I did that I didn't even care except for Kynwall and Lord Of Chaos. I don't want this farewell to be thought as any regular farewell or resignation would be but a beginning call to those indecent human beings to change their ways. So I will say this for a promise to myself, because I am one who never breaks a promise, I will never be back on the forums, never talk to those indecent people again (except if they are in need of therapy as I hope to follow in a profession), and will never interact with those people I surely despise of the community.

So this is my farewell, a fully thought out farewell/resignation, not for a "goodbye" but as a representation of disgust, as any human being would see when being a part of this community. Goodbye and I do hope that those people, whose indecency drove me to write this, change their ways or chase away everyone they interact with until they are completely lonesome. I say goodbye and farewell forever.

• Dumb x 15
    • Disagree x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. I thought you were a pretty good guy to speak to ingame and on TS. I will miss you on the servers. See ya.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. I don't know you well, but from reading your farewell, I can tell that you feel others aren't treating you with the amount of respect that you expect from others. When I'm part of the community, I wouldn't care too much and just have fun. You on the other hand over complicate things and add drama to a server that doesn't need any.

Although you may feel I'm insincere, I do wish you luck to your current endeavors.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. I didn't want to respond to my own farewell before leaving but no I did not add drama and I appreciate you wishes for luck, but a community is a gathering of people to create a friendly environment for people, if you are excluded from gatherings within the community based on your personality, this community is flawed. Therefore this community failed as a whole.

• Dumb Dumb x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. pup

pup Princess Pup

Farewell.

• Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  6. Ellitagious

Ellitagious The sight of the stars makes me dream -Van Gogh VIP

:cry: all of my friends are leaving

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

[​IMG]

See you soon.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Good luck and take care!

You must always remember that every community has standards and ethics. This community isn't as lenient as others and has survived for a while thanks to those standards. As one of the longer standing members of the community, I can tell you that if you get feedback from someone, it is not because they are trying to hurt your feelings or tear you down. They are giving you advice or feedback to help you become better.

I don't know the exact event that moved you to leave the community, but always remember to take things with a grain of salt.

A community is a group of like-minded individuals that have come together to enjoy things in a like-minded manner. In order to remain in a community and feel welcomed, you must share the same morals as other community members.

You may feel that you are removing yourself because people do not like your personality, but it may just be something deeper; it could be you. I know it can be hard to admit when it may be yourself as the problem or to even consider yourself as the individual problem, but sometimes that is all it takes.

I've seen people with all different kinds of personalities come and go here, but they have all been welcomed initially and are only separated from us if they choose to behave in a manner that goes against the communities core values.

However, I wish you the best of luck and remember that sometimes you need to look inward before you can identify problems outward.

Take care!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

So long.

10. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Sorry I was never up for TTT, you must understand I'm seriously tired of Gmod.
    I've constantly been playing TTT for nearly 3 years now and it just feels really redundant to play it.

I still consider you a friend, bb and I hope we can be friends even after this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. FrostedBlade

FrostedBlade Through victory, my chains are broken. VIP Emerald

Goodbye, I will miss you buddy :(:cry:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Bot

Bot aimbot 4ever <3 VIP Bronze

Buh Bye.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

I'll miss playing left for dead with you as polt said why are all my friends leaving :( :( :( :( :( :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I can tell you with absolute 100% certainty that I have never witnessed a staff member being mean to any user. Sometimes we distance ourselves from certain users because their intentions are not trusted (keep in mind I am not implying this was the case with you). I think perhaps you have mis-interpreted an attempt on professionalism as something negative. Also, I feel it's necessary to say, if you compare and expect everyone to be at your standards when it comes to sharing, and being friendly/outgoing, then your life will be full of disappointment. Not everyone is the same, and I think I prefer it that way; makes us all individuals.

Nonetheless, you were a friendly guy, and never gave me any trouble, so I can say it is unfortunate that you have not found your experience to be hospitable, and I hope you change your mind!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. kynwall

kynwall "Painting Roses" VIP

You say good-bye and I say hello, imma still talk to you. Enjoy your leave and I hope you take luck because life's... Life is strange.
    #AnalAladdin

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Finn

Finn Human VIP

If you want to see change, be a catalyst for change. @Sinz

Farewell. I don't recall playing with you often or seeing you make posts on the forums often, but you were a member of the community.

My advice to you, for life and for future communities you may be apart of, is A. You can't make everybody happy, you just have to try to make the most people happy, and be fair about it.
    And B. You aren't always going to get your way, but vocalizing your concerns will at least be a starting point, and you'd be surprised what kind of traction you can get when you make an effort. Nothing will happen if you remain silent though, we can't start to fix something if we don't know it is broken.

Have a good life.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

While my experiences with you haven't been the best, no one in this community should make someone feel like they aren't loved. I'm sorry that you left with a bad taste in your mouth, and hopefully you can return without this feeling again.

Farewell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Well, instead of trying to defend the community, I'm just going to be straight up.
    You've been a good player in the community. But, I'm glad you took the door when you didn't like our company. Have a good life.

19. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Bye Electric. It's sad to see you go. I never played the L4D2 you wanted me to play, but I always joined TS Channels with you in.
    I'll never forget you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Acting from the Shadows... VIP

It's sad to see you leave with such feelings. Farewell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.