Rejected Detective Defib (revive) credit shop item

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by mleynek19, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mleynek19

mleynek19 VIP

I think this could be an effective item, but requires a bit of set up in game.

First of all, the Defib would be a shared item between the Detectives in shop (this means only ONE can be bought per round)

The cost of the Defib will be 4-5 credits ( requires detectives to transfer points or to kill traitors)

The defib will revive one dead player to come back and fight. However, you can only use the defib on a reachable corpse that is NOT hung (tied with rope to a wall or ceiling) Which means no reviving a corpse that is down a death hole, off a building, or was burned up. This will encourage Traitors to dispose of bodies more.

When a detective (and ONLY detectives can use a defib/ innocents and traitors cannot use it even if picked up), uses the defib on a corpse, it will take 10 seconds for the player to be revived. This gives a window for a Traitor to stop the detective and will require the help of an innocent to protect the detective or make the detective move the body to a hide spot.

Once the player is revived, they are give a pistol with one clip of ammo (they can pick up weapons from the floor as normal)

But now, that dead player (if that player paid attention to spectators and fellow dead players) will know who killed them, who other traitors are and so forth. A literal ghost that comes back for sweet revenge towards nasty traitors.

I think this would add a bit of fun to the game. It requires some time and set up for a revive to happen which allows traitors to deny the revival. Also encourages traitors to dispose of bodies, whether throwing them off the map, hanging them, or burning the body.

What do you guys think?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

-1. How would we make the people forget the names of the Traitor(s) that killed them? The temptation to ghost would be too much. Say someone gets on with their buddy. One of them become a Detective. The other person commits suicide, finds out who all the Ts are, then has his buddy revive him and they kill all the Ts together. It would be too much effort for the staff to keep track of and enforce some sort of New Life Rule.

3. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

-1 this was suggested multiple times and was shot down multiple times. End of story.

4. ChibiBear

ChibiBear VIP

-1 bandwagon game 2 strong

5. Snak

Snak Banned

-1 No NO No No No No No No No No NOOOOOOOO!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

-1, Who would like to kill @Event Horizon 5 times on one round? Let's not go there... This has been suggested multiple times, it is a bad idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

:D yeah in one life I can already do damage on traitors. Imagine if I was dead, spectated the traitors and knew who they were and where they were, and someone revived me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

I would enjoy coming back to life five times in a round.....That would be fun. Or Ant? Or Angel perhaps?

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  9. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

Guys, you can only revive once. Stop fantasizing :p

10. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

-1 terrible idea that could encourage ghosting. Just be better at being innocent.

11. -1 cuz what if you bring back an afk? Plus the person who got killed can just sneak up behind the guy whi killed him and kill the t.

12. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Will never happen -1

13. -1

14. It breaks the rule of Y.O.L.O so im have to vote -1

15. wolfyNick

wolfyNick VIP

A little late maybe, but -1

16. MckeonHitman

MckeonHitman Serious Member

Just sayin, a defibrillator won't help a shotgun shot to the chest

17. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

This has been suggested like a million times, same response from me
    -1, because here something you have to keep in mind, the dead are spectating, and if brought back to life, they can basicly tell everyone all the T's, And it might encourage ghosting through messages such as "revive me, I know who the T's are"

18. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

definitely -1. dead person comes back and KOS's all the traitors.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

+1

• Old Old x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

• Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.