Death stations

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Mr. Disco, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Can we fix it to where your crosshair needs to be on the hitbox of the death station in order to get health?

As it is now you just need to sit on top of it, or be aimed near it in order to get health.

It's not a big problem?

Well with death stations if a T puts one down, then gets killed, and his body lands on the death station or it's just near it. Then you try to ID it, you might accidentally set off the death station. This is dumb, and sure you could say: "oh just use a magneto stick" eh well it's better to fix the problem rather than just have players do extra that is not needed. Fix it once, and you won't need to worry about it again.

If this is possible please fix.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Is the active range similar to the same as a typical hp station? If it is, then it's right how it should be.

3. Mr. Disco

I believe it might be. Why do you think it's fine how it is right now?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  4. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

It's by defualt unless changed the exact same as the health station, the bounding box can't really be fixed without editing a good bit of stuff, so i'm neutral

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Because it should have similar mechanics compared to the normal health station.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mr. Disco

I agree.

Maybe we can fix both. Think the length of an AK 47. If I am aimed at the tip of the gun barrel of the AK, and the handle is at any part of the death station, if I standed on the ak and pressed E, it would activate the death station.

7. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

No thanks. I like it when a player tries to ID my body and I get a post-mortem kill

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I enjoy being able to watch my surroundings while I heal. I also enjoy when players are killed after attempting to ID my body, lying on top of the death station.

9. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I'd like this.
    I don't have to move an UNID near a deathstation and then have the risk of getting killed for that if this was changed