Betting system, need your input

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Highwon, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Okay fellas,

There has been a lot of interest in a betting system. I kind of want to get everyone's ideas & suggestions and design the system before I start coding & implementing it.

So lets get this going...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dawg Chowder

Dawg Chowder Regular Member

+1 I think it's an awesome idea. Definite yes.

3. Gristle McThornbody

Gristle McThornbody Active Member

+1

I'd say it should be a standard pool of points on the: 1) last man standing on harpoon rounds; and 2) t's vs innos.

I can't see any other methodology that wouldn't hinder gameplay or encourage rdm.

4. Gristle McThornbody

A bounty system would also be possible but it would encourage rdm due to the complex set of rules it would create.

5. Gristle McThornbody

On second thought, a bounty system consisting of a t on inno kill with a specific weapon would be quite amazing.

6. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

I imagine the system being set up as a somewhat small window in the center right of the screen. In the center middle of this screen would be the words "Serious Betting" in the top center of the window. There it would list the living players, the total amount bet on them and the odds based on how many people have bet on each player. Players could then post bets saying who they bet on and for how much, other players would then choose to accept the bet and there we go. Both players should have the option to suggest to the other player to raise the bet in order to sweeten the pot a bit. Once a bet is taken however there will be no way for either side to back out.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  7. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I was also thinking fixed amounts for bets.

Sound good?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gristle McThornbody

Bet on a player to accomplish what? Anything other than team betting would destroy the team play aspect.

9. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

This is true.

10. Gristle McThornbody

Whatever betting is implemented should encourage proper game play, even going so far as to reduce the need for the moderation. I've noticed that the best mods reduce rdms by creating a fun atmosphere. Lemon, for one, is a master of this skill.

11. IamAhnuld

IamAhnuld Regular Member

It seems like there should be an odds system. Maybe based on server score per minute? Something so a less known player taking out a champ would be worth more.

Like this:

Base bet (overall inno rank(.1)) where base bet < X amount we decide on

Base bet(overall T rank (.1))

12. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

If you want to keep it simple do it this way. You bet for the Ts or for the Innos and then the money goes into a pool. Then the ones who betted for the winning team gets the split points. Ofcrouse there should be a time limit to put your bets.

Now if you want to make it complex do it this way. You can bet on specific players for doing things like, taking out 1-2-3-4 Ts, killing 4+ innos, killing with certain weapons, killing with explosives. Just achiving some rarer kills. Ofcourse youd do it post-death so you can vote accordingly to whether they are a T or an Inno. They get no notification of the bet and if they win they get some reward too.

And for the harpoon rounds (this one is my best idea, bets just in harpoon rounds)
    You can bet on people after you die to win, all money goes into a pool and the people who voted on the winning person get a split reward, if no one voted on the winner I say he gets all the money or the money stays in the pool till next harpoon rounds and at the begining it says something like "Jackpot:[points in the pool]"

Just some ideas while waiting to respawn. :p

13. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

im thinking only bets on harpoon rounds

14. Slippery

Slippery VIP

same

15. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

Betting on players would only be good on harpoon rounds, bet on team otherwise.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
  16. MetallicPie

MetallicPie Regular Member

Respectfully disagree, i would say there would ONLY be a bet system, when 2 players are still alive, one inno/detective or one t and also harpoon round, this would make the betting system a minor thing on the server instead of having it every round. If you bet on teams its bad because rdm would come into a factor and also people buying t would also come into a factor.

17. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

Before I came to this server, I first went to a server that had a betting system. I would just like to say that people are more focused on betting than actually playing. I personally don't like it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive Banned VIP

This is how I think it should work

When you die on harpoon wars a menu pops up with all of the players names that are still alive, if you choose to bet you select a players name and next to it you type how much you want to bet and your bet goes into a pot, the people who betted on the person who won get the split pot ( the pot splits evenly) BUT if no one betts correctly the winner of the harpoon war gets all the money in the pot plus his 300 that he won.

19. MLBBear

MLBBear Active Member

+1 to the max

20. 4light

4light New Member

I would love to see this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.