Betting mod.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by XANA, Dec 30, 2014.

1. XANA

XANA VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

I like this very much
    +1

3. Easily abusable big -1

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

That's abuse waiting to happen. It could be used as point farmer in the earl morning. When all the friends play and someone farms.

5. Abusable and already has been suggestion. Please refer to the "Search" bar before posting.

6. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

The thing about a betting system is that if we were to have one, we couldn't use one that made new points out of thin air. What would work is a system that takes all the points put into each side and splits the total among the winners to keep it from being abused (so someone would have to lose points for another to gain them).

7. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Let me say something. A mod can see who the T's are and how many are alive through the damage logs. If he wanted to, he could see how much damage the T or innocent has taken and if there's a healthstation around. With all of this, the mod can decide for people to bet on T's or innocents. If the mod wants to be a dick(you could say) and not let you bet on the for sure winning team. (Although, I'm talking about a 90% chance. Let's say there's 1 T and 13 innocents, I'm sure someone could kill them all. [But it isn't likely])

Sorry but I give this a -1. If anything, mods should NOT control a betting system if we do add one to SeriousTTT.

8. Yeah but what corrupt peice of shit mod is gonna do that? And it's been established that it's abusable...

9. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Well, I'm saying a mod can do it. It wouldn't make them corrupt. And no one really explained why it could be abused. They just said so. I wanted to give my opinion about a suggestion.

10. Han

Han       VIP

It would make them corrupt as they're abusing their power as a moderator to possibly influence who they / people bet on. Also, Shady basically explained it. (y)

As someone who frequently plays STTT early morning, it is common to see friends hop on a game together. I really think it's also possible two people get on an empty server and just bet on the other side. You're inno? They're a T. FREE POINTS FOR EVERYONE
    Basically the system can be abused really easily, so even though this isn't a horrible idea, I'm going to give it a -1.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

If I'm not wrong, this has been suggested before.

Likewise like most said, it's too easy to abuse the system in the low populated server.
    I like the idea though, but it might need some twist like
    Betting max at 1000
    Only enabled when there is a full server
    Only enabled when there is a mod online.
    (This are my examples)