Better report logs?

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Schnitzel, May 26, 2014.

1. Schnitzel

Schnitzel Member

Just thinking because i received a few reports when t's get shot. i know i've been a d and killed like 3 or 4 t's and didn't remember which was the one that reported me, but is there a way that we could get the logs before victims death to show up on report? that we we could see which one it wad or also lets say t-buddy dies to c4 so we don't have to figure out the type of explosion it was? I just think it would help TTT servers all around.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. xTimmonZ

xTimmonZ If I'm a traitor, you're a victim. VIP

I'd honestly love to see a distinction in the logs for different types of explosions. It would speed up the process by a solid 10 seconds for each of the reports. I'm wondering if a small amount of the shotlog relevant to each case would also be helpful. We'd be able to see who actually shot first, and the shot logs are bugged sometimes. Also, the shot logs are always on a different time scale than the others, so it can be slightly confusing sometimes.

3. Schnitzel

Schnitzel Member

And I was thinking @xTimmonZ that if you or I was a normal player on the server and we had a report against us, we could actually see what actions transpired in order to verify if he shot first or if i shot first and it was rdm, that type of thing, not just the mods but the actual players would be able to see what happened so they can respond with evidence, or lack thereof.

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

If you right-click on the event of the kill/damage dealt between the two players, and then click "show damageinfos" it will show the shot logs specifically for the two players involved in the event.

5. Rks III

Rks III Not the I, Nor the II, but the III VIP

To clarify, do you want the portion of damagelog to show up on the non-mod reports also?

If that's the case, I'm all for it because like you said, I hate when I kill a bunch of T's and get reported and not remember which one or how I killed them.

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

He wants the reply portion for the reported players to have at least the situation that resulted in the reporting player's death.

Obviously this would be less likely to happen in manually generated reports and you couldn't pair every report to damage(prop kill that shows as killed by world).

7. xTimmonZ

xTimmonZ If I'm a traitor, you're a victim. VIP

Yeah that's also an issue that I've noticed. Particularly in a long round, it is often hard to recall which person is reporting you (if you killed multiple people), so defending your case may be difficult at times. A quick damage log should show to the reported players. (Also, maybe if they saw responses, it would help them understand certain cases so repeat-reports do not occur)

8. Schnitzel

Schnitzel Member

Yeah this was the idea behind it. Not just for mods, its easy to look up if c4 or frag nade was used. I thought it would most likely benefit good detectives who kill 3 or 4 traitors and get reported for it to actually remember which person he killed and why. I know that to see report responses would be impossible for the victims to see but at leased the death log of events leading up to the report would be nice for all players.

9. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

@Schnitzel, although I believe this is a good idea, couldn't showing people the logs in the report window allow them to make up a reason as to why they killed a particular inno/T. It could create several more word vs word situations than there currently are.

Just a concern.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Schnitzel

Schnitzel Member

@ThatBox dang i actually agree with this. I think i made this post because it only happens when I am a Detective and both innos that did dumb stuff or T's reported me. Maybe it would best be implemented when your a Detective and no one else?

11. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Quick tips for explosions:

C4 almost always does 125 damage
    Tripmines to between 5,000 and 20,000 damage
    Deathstations do 300-1000 damage
    Jihads do 100-600 damage and take 2 seconds to activate so check the shot logs to see if jihad went off.
    Frags do 50-300 damage and have a 4 second fuse so if a traitor threw a nade, the damage would show up 3-5 seconds after the throw

As always, check to see what the traitor bought to confirm.

• Agree Agree x 1