Tazer Usage

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Enemy "Rule Bot" Below, Jul 26, 2018.

1. So, an interesting thing came up this evening/morning, and should warrant discussion according to some parties.

A detective shoots a player with a tazer.
    The player is ragdolled for the 4 seconds and is immune from damage.
    After being restored, the player immediately searches out the detective. This takes approximately 3 seconds.
    The detective has moved from the area, and broken line of sight.
    Player shoots the detective.

Now there are rules on self defense, but its always been staff discretion on what constitutes being actively attacked.

Can we have a bit of a discussion on tazer usage and what constitutes a good self-defense period, if any, regarding tazer usage?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Since you're calling for discussion- I moved this to TTT discussion.

This is a new weapon, so it's a bit of a new precedent, so I'd be willing to listen to what others have to say on this as well.

3. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

This isnt even an interesting situation. The Det rdmd you for 10 damage, then disengaged, but you still felt the need to attack him to punish him for the damage he did. 3 seconds is plenty of time for you to realize the Det is no longer trying to kill you and the danger is over. Especially if he turned away from you and walked away.

Edit: thought vel made this post so i worded it for him oops

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. My personal opinion on the situation I've described above is that it would be RDM.
    The detective had possibly RDM'd by firing the tazer. In the grand scheme of things, this is irrelevant.
    The detective had moved away after firing the tazer, and it took 3 seconds to locate them after being able to move.
    The detective had shown a clear interest in disengaging, removing the active threat requirement to kill them.

My question for you all is, what would a reasonable time to act on being tazed, if any? This all assumes you aren't instantly shot after being restored.
    I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be able to retaliate without being fired upon again.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. jshore

jshore VIP

Why does the tazer do damage anyways, tazer is mostly used to stun an enemy for a free kill. I say remove the damage and only have a one buy use so it doesn't get abused. This way no one is going to waste a credit on a tazer just to troll someone.

5k points if veL is wrong in the situation

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
  6. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I stand by Toest's decision. The detective wasn't actively engaging them. The BEST thing to be done, is to let the staff handle the detective's unwarranted tazing with a slay. Tazers do 10 damage, hardly an act so horrific to start changing rules.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Silly

Silly Fantasy VIP Silver

Imo if I were tazed by a detective I'd wait for the detective to shoot back once I'm out of the ragdoll form, to claim self defense. Also this is common sense, if a det tazes you and when you get back up they don't shoot you/ turn their back to you then they obviously aren't going to kill you

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

remove the damage

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

The way I see it, if a det tazes you, it should be similar to a KOS. So if a D KOSes you, you can kill them for even t baiting you, where normally, you can only kill them for damaging you. So in my opinion, if a D tazes you, then when you get up, you cant kill them unless they are still trying to shoot/kill you. Even if they are missing the shots, the taze shows that they meant you harm, similar to a KOS, so a T bait would be reason to fight back.

This would mean, in vels situation, he would have RDMd. The detective isnt actively trying to hurt or damage you with a taser, so when vel went for him, itd be more towards revenge rather than self defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

Makes no sense to remove the damage. Have you seen those videos of people getting tazed? That shit hurts man.

Also, this is just a slay for the detective. Self defense is out of the question as too much time has passed.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. jshore

jshore VIP

Yeah guys TTT is real life just like that giant ass laser gun and microwave that instantly heals you after being shot multiple times. Also getting DNA off of a body instantly through a magical hula girl.

Also the reason too much time has passed is because of the Tazer because it stuns you long enough before you can shoot back.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Doctor Smurfenstein

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

I agree with this.

My opinion is that the tazers aren't meant to kill, and I just really don't see them as an active attempt to kill, unless the detective is still shooting at you after you get back from being tazed, i.e. still trying to kill you; but you just can't tell if they are or not while you are still tazed.

Basically, the defining factor would be what the detective does after and shooting him before he continues engaging you in the fight would not be self-defense.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jshore

jshore VIP

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Doctor Smurfenstein

Bad Jayshore

16. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

If the d damages you at any point in the round. you should be able to find him and kill him at any point in the round. The D is not infallible and the moment they decided to taze someone for no reason, unprovoked, memes. Knowing it does damage of any kind, no matter how minuscule the damage. Why would 3 seconds or even 3 minutes matter, when the intent was there the moment he decided to stun someone. Why should a player have to seek justice after the round through a report only.
    Blue lives dont matter and theyre usually bad.
    And if damaging/killing the d after you get out being immobile and chasing him down is not active and would be considered rdm. Then we need to remove the stun since the damage is obviously important.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Ooh I got someone in trouble with this, I was tazed and as soon as I got up I headshot him and killed him for “self defense” since it does damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Can't call self-defense when the Detective isn't engaging you anymore. But don't remove the damage so you can report the RDMing fuck Detective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jshore

jshore VIP

I'm going to abuse this now to get people slayed and any mods who get their decision wrong will be reported instantly.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Doctor Smurfenstein

So you should wait for the detective to shoot you again even though he just zapped your balls off?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1