Need Help Deciding

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Romulus, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Romulus

Romulus The Alpha VIP

Hello, family. I need some help deciding on which motorcycle to get. Ever since I've started my new job, my co-worker has always brought his motorcycle to work, and after about a week, he let me try it. I caught on amazingly fast, never stalled once, and even got it to third gear with no issue (meaning I got the concept of shifting gears down). His is a 300cc bike, which is a pretty good bike for beginners, but him and his father, who also works for the same company, said that as tall and broad as I am, I should get a 600cc (I'm only six foot, but my shoulders can hardly fit through some of the door frames in my house, and it's fairly new).

So I've narrowed it down to three choices: a Suzuki GSXR, a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, or a Yamaha R6. All three of them are amazing machines, and all cost around the same.

So what I'm asking for is any pros and cons any of you might know about a specific manufacturer or bike. Is there any sort of performance difference between them, as they're all 600cc motorcycles? Or maybe something to deal with instruments on the bike? I'm really stuck on this, guise.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

oh i thought this was a resignation. Idk nothing about motorcycles get the 600cc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R looks dope

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gonco

Gonco white knight VIP

I know nothing about bikes. That being said the third one

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Proper

Proper VIP Silver

my dad's had better experienced with yamahas and suzukis.

idk anything abt motorcycles tho lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

My dad rides Suzukis sometimes. Get that

• Like Like x 1
  8. Igneus

Igneus VIP Silver

The Suzuki is dope get that!

• Like Like x 1
  9. elyo-luk

elyo-luk VIP

I would add the Honda CBR600RR to your list, because I love the brand.

Whatever motorbike that you buy, you will buy a nice one. All of these motorbikes are similar, so I can give you a reason to buy each motorbike:
    Yamaha: Is better to ride it in a circuit. I recommend it for "open curves", but you could have some troubles with closed ones.
    Suzuki: The best for largest journeys. You can make some upgrades without expend so much money on it.
    Kawasaki: We had some bad experiences in Spain with some models, but I have to say that I love the design :p
    Honda: In general, is a good motorbike. You can trust in that motorbike would fail less than the others.

My personal ranking:
    1- Honda
    2- Suzuki
    3- kawasaki.
    4- Yamaha

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

DRZ400SM :)
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Literbike or No Bike!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

Suzuki GSXR has better handling and feels a bit lighter with less resistance...at least, that's what my brother's friend says. (y)
    The Kawasaki Ninja looks great though. Haven't heard much about it. Apparently is a good starter bike.

[​IMG]

A good little thread honestly.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Whitewolfx0

Whitewolfx0 Keep the shiny side up. VIP

R6 if you're adamant on getting a 600cc... The FZ-07 would be a much better learner for you and will keep you entertained for many years to come. Plus you get to learn what you like on it. I personally hate the hunched feeling of super-sports unless I'm doing stupid stuff at high speeds (only time the suspension and engine work together).
    I would also consider a dual sport as a first bike. Their cheap to repair and can take a beating. I beat the hell out of my CRF250L and it keeps on kicking.

But also remember it's not if you drop it, it's when. Plastics add up fast.

Thanks @Zyp ❤️

One more thing to consider is well the wreck. I was lucky. I still ride though and enjoy every moment of it. In fact work on them for a living.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Nutty

Nutty VIP Bronze

The yamaha looks dope af.

15. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Rom get what you like but for the love of GOD please listen to experienced riders! And take all the tips you can in.
    It may seem like they amp shit up but I swear they're putting fear in you for a good reason.
    Stay safe and aware. Good luck with the new bike, and be sure to give us an update!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Ruby

Ruby Turn your wounds into wisdom VIP Silver Emerald

I suggest you get a motorcycle license before anything. Also my friend started out with a 250cc (beginners) then when he got really comfortable a year maybe a half later he got a 500 or 600 (don't remember) All I'm saying is don't ride a motorcycle just cause you have tried it once or twice, you could endanger a lot of people. Good luck and stay safe

17. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Don't listen to these sissy babies. Drive it like you mean it. Just don't get a reckless operation ticket because that shit suckssssssssssssssss

EDIT: downvotes? take off your training wheels

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  18. Romulus

Romulus The Alpha VIP

I appreciate all of your feedback and tips, it's really helpful and eye-opening. I've always wanted to get into riding, I've just never been given an opportunity. Almost my entire family is against it, so nothing above a manually-pedaled bike for more my entire childhood. I've been riding around on his 250 for a good week now and it's almost second nature, so there's also that.

Keep the comments coming!

19. Whitewolfx0

Whitewolfx0 Keep the shiny side up. VIP

It is a dangerous mode of transportation. The link in my reply shows my first hand experience. BUT I ride every day and wouldn't change it for anything. I'm still sticking by the FZ-07 recommendation. Twin cylinder so that means plenty of torque, ~700cc so that means it can take you on the freeway, upright sitting position so its better for around town cruising,, huge tires so when you want to go to the twistys, and lastly it looks amazing.

[​IMG]

20. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

ZX-6R for sure. My personal favorite.