Rejected Complete tasks for points.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by incognito moe, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As a way to decrease the monotony of gameplay, I think for traitors, innocents and detectives each round should have miniature tasks to complete to earn points.

As an example for traitor: "Kill 3 people with Dragunov SVU" -100 points
    An example for innocent: "Identify 4 bodies" (doesn't count if you kill them) -50 points
    An example for detective: "Destroy one C4" -100 points

Of course the points given can be varied or even made lower but round for round I think giving people different jobs to do will increase the incentive to want to earn points outside of fun rounds. It's also encouraging players to try new weapons, different tactics and hone their gameplay.

• Winner x 5
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Achievements/Missions were unofficially denied by Highwon, I found out when the content team was a thing.

(Even though this can quite literally be coded in one afternoon)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Just because it can be coded fast/effortlessly doesn't make it a good idea.

As you can see with Deathrun. The Achievement system didn't really pan out all that well. The problem is that there aren't enough tasks that add/work off of the core gameplay.

(ofc maybe this is different for TTT as there is a lot more going on in TTT than DR)

So in the case that it was added in let's run through some of the possible tasks.

• Get # of kills with x weapon
    • Use x # of times
    • Kill x with x weapon
    • Disarm # of C4
    • Identify # of bodies
    There really isn't that many options here without becoming repetitive/boring.[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carned

Pretty sure there becomes about 20x more of each task when you apply a different weapon allowing people to use different weapons and making things more interesting.

But theres no point in debating it because everyone knows that it wont get added just like everything else.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Why end the debate here just because you believe there's no hope? If you want something that bad stand up and fight for it man.

And this is where I +1 the suggestion of an Achievement/Task System in TTT. While it didn't really work out for DR like you explain here TTT is a lot different.

The problem with the Achievement system on DR is the fact that the achievements were more random and didn't really fit with the gamemode at all. On TTT however this can easily be avoided with tasks such as getting a number of kills with a certain weapon or getting x number of headshots.

I believe adding these Get # of Kills with x weapon will add more of a challenge back into the game of TTT. And it's benefits the random gun selection choice in the loadout menu as well.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carned

Oh absolutely, It works in a place I can't talk about because I'll get banned again but the missions and achievements there vary from both Multi-stage tasks and even map related ones (think, complete 67th ways hidden knife achievement, I guess.)

As for the no hope, I suggested this in 2013, its now almost my 4 year anniversary as a member here... hope runs dry very quickly.

But sure if @Opalium wants to pick it up again, I'm here, like i've always been, and ultimately, always will be.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Carned cant u just like. Slap Highwon and get him to implement codes for these missions?
    also *cough* *cough* Achivement skins *cough* *cough*

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

wouldn't it be more simplistic to add a hearthstone style of quests that give you a daily task to complete for x points? That way there's a new opportunity to earn points day, and you wouldn't hit a situation where you beat everything; there'd always be a next day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wink ikr but noooooooooooo Highwon doesnt want that. You should check out the skins thread i made. Lots of detail but still off the table...

10. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

so long as it doesn't get super annoying i'm down. I just don't want some computer to yell at me because i have resigned to participate in it's game.

they wont win if I don't let them. vigilance is everything.

11. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Still supporting this even if it won't be added.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

But if this is added I am gonna drown in points at this rate :(

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Achievements is something I still plan to revisit one day. However, this is not our focus right now. Perhaps in the future.

Thank you for suggesting.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.