Other Zyp's zapping culinary thread

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Zypther, Jan 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

just when you thought you've seen it all..... I mean I use flower when making gravy. I like the cream cheese though.. never thought of using flower though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yea when making a roux, the ratio between butter and flour has to be 1:1

3. i was excited until i saw "cups" :(

4. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Ermagherd a owner replied to my thread!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zypther

Today I'll try to make sour dough bread, I'm gantry, I'll keep you all updated, I'll also let you know how to make linguine and clams, as that is our dinner tonight I think.

ehhhh
    scratch that XD

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  6. 4sea

4sea VIP

Those were a lot of sopapilla's, did they taste good though?
    I'll be trying some of the recipes and let you know how they worked out ;)

7. Zypther

They tasted good, I needed to make them a little bit thinner though, good luck! I hope your food comes out great

Edit: oh. Just saw the memes thread.....

8. Zypther

Hey, sorry for letting this die out, tonight the plan is me making pizza, that or I'll make pizza for super bowl, so expect that recipe coming up, and maybe a surprise recipe that doesn't involve baking!

9. Zypther

So I made pizza today,

Here's the recipe

And the sauce is just a 29 oz of tomato sauce with about 3 pinches of garlic powder and oregano mixed in. (You will have some extra I would recommend making some garlic knots, or some bread sticks, your choice.

Pretty simple, need some mozzarella and maybe pepperoni/sausage crumble if ya do it, I just made a plain cheese pizza and it looks great, I usually roll it out into a cookie sheet and cut it party style

Here's the finished outcome
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Zypther

Wow. It's been a hot minute, so let's start with something simple.

I'm doing AllRecipies' dinner roll recipe in bulk, (6x)

Here is the recipe:

I recommend to butter them around every 5 mins and salt them once or twice before they are done

Not much to say, it's really easy, I actually put my oven on preheat warm and then turn it off and put the dough to rise in there cause it's too cold in the house otherwise.

If there's any questions feel free to ask, I'll post pictures and add more tips if I find them

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  11. Zypther

Pictures for
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Zypther

Here is the recipe I'm gonna try tonight,

Great name for it. Mama D's. More like Dada Zyp's now.

Anyways. Cringefest over I'll post progress tips and tricks in this post once I figure them out (y)

Here it is before the scaveng family eat everything
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  13. Zypther

HI all!
    Today my mom and I made P.F. Chang's Mongolian beef, but totes cheated through lua code.

Here is the recipe!

Here is the outcome!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

we 3xed the recipe caused we are a family of 7, but it is totally worth it, and delicious.

You may want to cut the sauce in half, we had to throw some away cause we had so much extra.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  14. Zypther

Hey all heres another recipe for tomato mexican rice, idk the actual name so thats what im calling it (y)

You will want to dice 3-4 cloves of garlic and 1/4th of an medium sized onion.

Put a dash of oil in your rice pot/sauce pot and start cooking the diced onions and garlic on a medium heat. 30 seconds later add 1 cup of rice. Toast for about 4 mins, stirring constantly.

Then add about a cup and a half of water and about half an 8oz can of tomato sauce, and two dashes of cumin, as well as about a tablespoon of tomato chicken consomme.
    Stir, let rice boil turn off heat once rice boils wait 5-10 mins for water to evaporate/be sucked in by the rice and voila you have tomato mexican rice. Goes well with burritos.

15. Zypther

So last night I got a bit picky and wanted something Chinese food like. So i decided why not make chicken lo mein.

So i actually used two recipes mixed together to make it, but alls good I I used this Recipe specifically for the canton noodles.

I used chicken broth for the noodles and it came out amazing. Just watch how much soy sauce/tamari you put in because the salt will over do the other flavors.

And I used this recipe for just about everything else.

We get all of our rice cooking wine oyster sauce and sesame oil from our local asian market and i would reccomend you do the same.

Also VELVET YOUR CHICKEN IT MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE

16. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

FUCKING> GRILLED> BLOOMING> ONIONS

try it

17. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Make a cookie cake

18. Zypther

Homemade hashbrowns, some toast and two overeat eggs make a morning Zypper happy.

[​IMG]

Hash browns

19. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

SMH make a cookie cake

20. Zypther

So I said I was gonna post more. So here we are.

Today's dinner was Mongolian beef (copy from P.F. Changs)

This how it came out
    [​IMG]

Here's the recipe:

My tip for you today is to not double the sauce with the meat. It makes loads of sauce. I'd double it if you're making like 3-4x the amount of meat. But do not multiply with the meat.

Also, use my rice recipe (that's usually on the back of the rice bag) if you dont have a rice cooker, or wanna try it.