You're welcome.

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Boulja Boy Tell 'Em, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

I think we should first appreciate the fact that this server has balanced and friendly staff members. No staff is too cocky or rude. And as far as justice goes, many cases in court are gone for over 10 years due to lack of evidence and witnesses. Here, that much time spending on one report would be useless, after all it's just a game. If the situation ends up being word vs. word, then nobody wins.. It's unjustifiable for anyone to take any actions with just "who is more likely telling the truth?" The report should just be left there. Also, we shouldn't get very upset over just 5-7 minutes of not playing. It's not that big of a difference to have an argument about. However, disrespect and intentional killing ( if found very upsetting by victim) could be looked over a little bit more than they are currently. Yes, I also face multiple cases everyday in which the suspect responds with "he had a t-weapon out" even if they just found it after rdm-ing. But you must look tough the judge (mod)'s view here. How does he know who is telling the truth when evidence is just un-biased??

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Maybe I could get some info on this from staff, but is there anything in place to add extra punishment to those who lie in reports? If not, there definitely needs to be.

I record most of my play sessions and if someone decides to RDM and then respond with "they walked past an unID" and I have video evidence that shows that's an outright lie and I report it on the forums, they definitely deserve more than just a one round slay.

3. Opii

Opii Keep it Simple. VIP

Yes, this is considered loophole trolling and will result in a severe punishment. Moderators cannot enforce these punishments but if they supply proof to an administrator or if an administrator catches the player in the act, they will punished accordingly. This is not tolerated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TruMan

TruMan VIP

You just basically said that some people are better than others... like you have more rights or something. You're still just another play that's supposed to be making sure the rules get followed. You, nor anyone else is an exception.

And Shady Asian, you have good intentions, but I don't think you'd know an underlying or theme if it bit you in the ass.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Linkthedinosaur

Linkthedinosaur Self Proclaimed Master of the No Scope VIP

There is a difference between being treated equally and being treated fairly. Look at it this way.

Let's say you are a good student in your class. You have spent the whole entire year doing your work to the best of your ability and turning it in on time. Now let's say @MangoTango on the other hand is a major slacker and has only completed half if his assignments. Now let's say you caught the flu and forgot to complete your assignment. This assignment is something that you have worried hard on for the past few months and have almost done. Mango hasn't finished 2/3's of it and half-assed his way threw anything that he actually did do. Now a teacher that treated his students equally would give you and Mango the same exact punishments, the customary zero. A teacher who treated his a students fairly might "talk" to you about it and then give you a little break.

Do you see how this applies? Mango doesn't deserve to be given another chance, nor is he expected to improve. That's why we don't have a server focused on equality, but rather we have a server focused on fairness.

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Are you saying I shouldn't be staff? :( Awww Link lol.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Kalvinjetson13

Kalvinjetson13 *CALCIUM INTENSIFIES* VIP

That example tho 10/10

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Linkthedinosaur

You were the first person that came to my mind that wouldn't be offended! XD

9. BigBoyMansion

BigBoyMansion Banned

10/10

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. DocFox

Yeah, you can use me lol. I'm pretty well known in the community and used to being used as a toss-in name lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Not saying I agree or disagree with your sentiments, but that is a horrible example.

Obviously the person who gets sick has a legitimate excuse and should be expected to be treated differently because of that. Getting sick is out of their control, slacking off isn't. A better example would be that they both slacked off.

And I don't know if any of you are in college, but if both of you slacked off and failed to turn in your assignment, you will both get a zero. It doesn't matter who you are or what you've done in that past. That's equality and that's the way it should be.

12. Linkthedinosaur

If you think that that something we do on this server should be changed, then feel free to post a suggestion on it and see what the community thinks. No body is holding you back.

13. DocFox

Here's how I view STTT and how I viewed it as an admin. I treated STTT like I do my job. I'm a member of one of the largest corporations in America; I am a member of a profession of arms. Each of my brothers and sisters are different, expected to make mistakes, and be corrected when they make them. If they continue to make them, they are helped to move on to something that better suits them. If the mistake is big enough, in relation to the size of the incident, they don't get a correction; at some point in time you must trust individuals to act a certain way and carry a specific set of values that are shared with everyone. I used this when staffing the servers and managing my mods. I use this mindset when managing my subordinates. This mindset was taught to me by people that have been doing it that way, and getting it to work, for hundreds of years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Linkthedinosaur

Stupid mobile madE me dislike your post :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. TruMan

TruMan VIP

Where does it say that the server is focused on fairness? I've never seen it.

I'm 23 years old with a law degree and currently in the military. Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. I fully well know the difference between equality and fairness. I'm not saying that you're an abusive mod, but let's pretend you are. Just because you are sixteen years old and are used to being given second chances doesn't mean that you should apply that philosophy to your friends who knowingly act out of line within the server, all the while withholding discretion amongst the unknown population. You're getting away from what OP said. Abusive mods who act mischievously and lack professionalism deserve to be treated as equally as the next person who acts the same way. Equality is apples and oranges.

You still have no more rights than the next person on the server. You shouldn't be given preferential treatment. Say your example was valid. What makes it so that mods deserve to just receive talks while regular players get banned?

I dunno. I'm gunna retire from this thread because it's just going to be a long drawn out battle with young people who don't want things to change in fear of actually having to do something to prevent loss of power.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. DocFox

That's cute.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. ink

Ok, Link as much as I love your example, it's unfair at the same time. Put it in this way: Let's say MangoTango is a mod and has terrible past record- 200 slays, 4 ghosting bans and so on. But now, you see that he's a MOD so he must have good intentions. And you see a different player with the same record. Both commit the same crime and the normal member gets punished and Mango Tango gets the "talk". There, you assume that the other normal member has bad intentions due to his past record and the mod is a nice person. I think that's kinda unfair to the member b/c he's getting judged on his position in the community and not his record. I'm not saying that every mod should be punished- but there should be equal protocol between members and staff members. I do know that a few mods believe in equality and slay themselves on mistakes; it should be done the same way as them. Sure they are volunteers and they should at least get some advantage, but volunteering shouldn't mean that they are this great figure in society and no laws apply to them. We should just let them know that this is a FAIR side VOLUNTEER activity and it's not gonna award in special treatment or so fourth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

You certainly don't act like you are...

Also, this whole "Everyone gets treated equally thing", it's never true in any situation, ever. No one person is treated exactly the same as another person, from the moment you hear someone's voice, from the moment you look at someone, you instantly judge them. People may claim "I don't judge people" but in all reality they do. Stop trying to bring up this whole everyone is equal thing and trying to prove that it's true or not because it's not.
    Now onto the subject of everyone getting treated fairly, obviously this is what we strive towards, however in some cases that doesn't always happen and you guys, in all honesty, are just going to have to accept it. Some players are "good" for the community, and some players are "bad" for the community, and generally we can spot out the "bad players" and they will recieve harsher punishments, depending on if they have a bad history or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. TruMan

TruMan VIP

Exactly my point of view. And Teez what would you know about people who have degrees and/or are in the military? lol. MangoTango, find me the average age of all of the staff, and tell me you had all of the answers to life at that age.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  20. ink

Not quite, truman. I'm not against any system. And teezy is right, all punishment are to be done with previous record. Eventhough there are a few cases in which staff abuses their power but they are taken care of accordingly. Equality is a thing that you don't want too much or too less. And the current system is as good as it can get. Let's not criticize it over a few flaws and acknowledge the fairness it provides. 100 fair points - 5 abusive point still equals to 95 positive points. If we take your rules ,then we end up with too much equality and it's unfair to the staff members who take hours and hours of their play time and dedicate it to the good of the community. Why don't we settle it there?