Your position on street justice

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by DeathShot, Apr 2, 2014.

1. DeathShot

DeathShot VIP

just to start out, im not talking about revenge RDM. There was an instance last night that reiterated the motivation behind this, but it hasn't been the first time. but here is the scenario:
    Some stupid kid comes on and decides to start RDMing. No staff are on, and it will be a few rounds before they can get on. If this person continuously RDMs with no intentions of stopping I think it should be aloud to kill the person RDMing each around until staff can come on as a form of suppression without punishment. We did it last night, and no problems were caused as a result of it.
    People shouldn't be slain for preventing RDM, and no one will complain about it, except for the person committing the crime

2. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

It's quite the slippery slope. We have a karma/auto server ban system in place for this reason.

Officially, no "street justice" is allowed no matter what, and until that rule changes, anyone doing it is subject to punishment at staff discretion.

3. DeathShot

DeathShot VIP

we had a guy yesterday that got away with like 7 or 8 rdms over 2 maps which is ridiculous. I know the rule on it, but its more of a motion to understand why its not allowed, given that the circumstance is unanimous among the rest of the players

4. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

The solution would be more active staff so we have all the populated servers staffed at all times, not to allow vigilante rdm.

That, or have an option to enable votekick when no staff are on a server.

5. DeathShot

DeathShot VIP

I would looooove to have votekick/ vote ban

6. KingAngel

KingAngel The 50 year old 13 year old VIP

Perhaps Votekick/ban for Donators and up that'd be nice but than we'd have some people that would abuse that power and ban the squeakers and people that just bother them

7. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

I am against giving voting powers, especially if we do it based on donation status. I suppose we could have a few trusted people with that power, but it needs to be earned and not bought.

8. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

I'm strongly against a votekick command. Not only can this easily be abused, but there's almost no room for the perpetrator to give their side of the story. There have been multiple times where I see people saying "so and so is RDMing", while in actuality they were killing for standing near unidentified bodies, etc. which could not have been determined without access to reports or damage logs (something players/donators don't have). A lot of the time, people will jump at the chance to votekick someone just because they can.

The most you can do right now is get evidence and report it on the forums so that staff can deal with it as soon as they get on. I understand that you don't have any ill intentions with "Street Justice", but even if you're trying to control RDM, people will take it the wrong way and simply continue to RDM, thinking it's okay. Fighting fire with fire won't always work.

However, we should soon be getting moderators in the times that are less-staffed once we fill up the moderator positions, so this should no longer be an issue when that time arrives. Understand that as the rules stand now, even if you are attempting to prevent RDM, RDMing them yourself will still get you punished.

9. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I am strongly against a votekick also, but to be honest, back when I was just a regular here, if some one was clearly mass rdming, I would kill them as soon as they started their killing spree.

10. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

No street justice. It is still revenge RDM. Request a staff member to be online and have them take care of it. Also, we have a report player section for a reason; use it.

11. Like I said in-game deathshot, If someone rdms and you rdm back, you are condoning rdm yourself. The votekick option would be nice. Like suggested above, only granted to people who wouldn't abuse it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Just wait for the RDMer to shoot someone, then kill him. If it's a consistent RDMer, he will do it every round, so try to arrange the killing of the RDMer by waiting for him to start something, then you can argue it's because the RDMer did something traitorous.

13. OR have every stand still and let the rdmer get karma banned

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I personally feel like a 75% majority voteban system (only active while staff are offline) should be enacted. If the ban get's removed once a staff member joins the server.

But that's just a temporary solution. If we had a high level report system for donators and up that would be ideal. What do I mean by "high level"? Reports via the system go directly to a page on the site where admins can view it. Sent with the report would be a good bit worth of chat logs, damage logs, etc., admins could then punish the player based on the evidence at hand, or if they got to it fast enough they can join the server. There would also have to be an option to ban the user from using the high level report system, if they abuse it.

15. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

The only way I would be ok with a votekick/voteban system if it had extreme restrictions on it. My suggestion is that when people make mod apps, they earn a period of time before they earn trial to be allowed to use the system. Those "trusted users" could use the votekick/ban system, and it would be a nice way to observe what people do with that power. The rank could be given to people with no admin as a superior. They would be given the power after the admins approve it and it could be taken away at any time (which would also get the application denied). I feel that this would be the only way voting powers would work, and it could also let potential staff have a chance to show their true colors before they are promoted. We only have a limited number of mods, but if we get enough of these "trusted users", that could help remove RDMers when no staff are on. If they abuse their power they could just be reported like any other staff member.

16. Snak

Snak Banned

When I playe on other ttt servers If there was no mod on and someone was rdming, I could convince an entire server to contiuously kill him untill he left, Of course this server dident have a website to repor RDM and hardly any admins so street justice was a nessissity to survive.

17. SpeakEZ

SpeakEZ VIP

in my opinion i dont think we should have a vote ban, its perfectly fine the way it is, our "style" of vote ban, is the karma system, if he rdms everyone a few rounds in a row, he will be kicked, also you can simply come onto the forums and ask a mod to come over, more specifically you can msg ME on steam and ill come over and handle whats going on, im on just about every single night and i really dont mind helping the community

18. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

We dont need votekick or voteban. We need more staff, which we will be getting once we get more admins

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. silentpamonha

silentpamonha Active Member

a votekick system (75%) could help, or a in-game caller for admins/mods

20. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

I prefer Maine Justice anyway. Just make them eat really spicy jumbolia!