YOUR PERSPECTIVE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Fever, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Fever

Fever SiCKER THAN PNEUMONiA VIP

This topic is for any spiritual, religious or civil beliefs! (And any sub-parts that deal with them i.e politics, witch craft, etc.)

This if for DISCUSSION! NOT TO ARGUE! Let's keep it respectful and supportive guys! :D

I believe in Transcendentalism- and not Kants and Emersons "theories". I believe in the people who lived Transcendentalism religiously like Thoreau and Dillard. American philosophy and literature have always been my favorite and I can go on for hours about how much I respect those who brought LIFE into their country, and culture. Transcendentalism stems from several themes:

• - In Nature, we are able to "transcend" the truths we know in the Natural world.
    In other words, Transcendentalists believe in things they cannot see or touch or feel. Nature is our source to experience these truths. So things like meditation can bring us to truths that we never would have experienced using only our five senses.

• - Materialism is bad.
    Striving for material goods is seen as worthless and an unhealthy pursuit.

• - Society is the source of corruption.
    If we are all to follow our own free will and listen to our hearts, we would be much better off.

• - Our intuition and natural instincts guide us to do the right things. In nature, we are uncorrupted
    It is only when we let society in that we start to conform and hence, be corrupted.

• - Conformity is wrong.
    We should NOT follow the crowd. We should make our own way and our own decisions in this world.

• - The nature of human beings is good.
    Again, it is society that corrupts us. Human beings left to their own devices are good.

• - Knowledge comes from experience.
    The knowledge is not derived from reading books or studying or any of the other things we do in schools. It comes from living.

• - We have a direct relationship with God.
    Transcendentalists do not believe in organized religion because they wanted that direct relationship with God, not one through a pastor or a priest.

• - Technology is wrong.
    Advances in technology only caused more problems for society. For example, we built the railroad so we could go, go, go. First of all, we should stay home and get in touch with ourselves. Secondly, now we need people to build the track and make the cars and drive the train and maintain everything. Technology ends up running us and not the other way around.

• - Human beings and nature are beautiful in and of themselves.
    We have innate goodness, and we are beautiful creatures.

I, personally, have taken these tenets into my life and rearranged them to fit a 21st Century world. I understand it's idealistic but it makes you think if nothing else. Question and grow from your responses! Live through your experiences!

What do you think? What are your beliefs? Do you agree? Do you disagree? I'm interested in what you all think!

2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I'm atheist, futuristic, progressive, and forward-thinking.

I am all for technology and the enhancement of science. I am not against nature, but I truly believe in science and technology as the way forward. I do not discriminate against religions, I am not anti-religion, and I do not hate members of any religion just for being in that religion.

3. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

I'm not so much Atheist, as I do believe there is "essence" in and around all of us (Another form of life that isn't physical).

However, I am a Veterinary Science Major and a huge Darwinist.

4. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

I am a Roman Catholic, but I don't believe in some of the aspects. I do believe in evolution.
    Not to be pessimistic or anything, but I don't believe there will ever be world peace, unless they solve hunger, anger, and money. Yes, because of money, there will never be world peace. That and North Korea.
    I do believe that everyone makes their own destiny. You have to work for what you want.

I also am a Gropaga of Lord Inglip

5. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

I'm agnostic, liberal, pro-technology, anti-hipster, pc over mac/console, samsung over apple, pro choice.... I think that's bout it.

6. Fever

YESSS PRO CHOICE!!

7. Snak

Snak Banned

Agnostic/Athiest, My philosophical I could go on for dayzz I'll write it later and ill try to keep it short and compact as possible :p

8. Magafe

Magafe Banned

I'm Magafe my religion is pronounced Mah gaf feh but my name is pronounced Ma ga fee. I believe in nobody can judge you and that who gives a fuck about anyone else and that almost everyone in the world doesn't understand that you can't be like them.

9. Chronos

Chronos VIP

10. Magafe

Magafe Banned

O.O Do you experiment on people from KPOP?

11. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

@Snak You can be either agnostic or atheist, you can't really be both. You can be an "agnostic athiest" though.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3320 ... icism2.jpg

I'm an agnostic theist. I know there is a God from personal experience, I just don't know who has it right or if there is even a 'right' religion. So while I believe there is a God, I don't believe in any specific religion's God.

Although I try to follow some morals of Christianity(not all of them, but some of them).

12. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

i believe in the Greek mythology is the basic way to put it.

13. Snak

Snak Banned

I can be whatever I wish, I am not bound by one or another or by really any religion, I do not follow the concrete rule's that society has placed amongest us. Do I believe in a god, well I'd too believe in more then just rotting in the earth as something that doe's no longer exist, I'd like to believe there are spiritual entitys, do I have proof of either, no. It's hard to believe in one thing but then watch how people treat eachother and have those beliefs crushed, I'd like to say that I am rapidly loosing my faith in alot of things.

14. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

You believe that a god named Zues rules a pantheon of arbitrary and heavy handed gods? Or do you believe that there is a god that supports all forms of life and the many paths that humans take on it? Whether you are a thief, a drunk, hunter, or murderer, you will fall into a god's domain? I like that idea, can't actually believe in it, but the concept is nice.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  15. Magafe

Magafe Banned

That sounds cool o.o

16. Fever

Mythology is essentially a collection of fiction. Then again, so is the Bible and the Book of Mormon.

17. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I don't know about the Book of Mormon, but the Bible isn't entirely fiction. Although some events described could be defined as fiction, a majority of the historical events in the Bible actually took place and there are other records aside from the Bible backing them up. Unless you think those are also fiction.

18. I hate robots/idea of robots, I hate people who brag about their private buiness, I hate people who are like woot I'm atheist, your all infidels, I hate people who are like woot I'm atheist, because it seems cool, or hop on the bandwagon.

19. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

this is the concept i believe in

20. Fever

Most of the Bible contains short stories and poems- which is honestly, my favorite part. I can believe that some of it happened in a realistic and historical sense, but I seriously doubt not more than 25% of it did.