Your name and why its yours

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Snak, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Snak

Snak Banned

So why did everyone choose the internet handle they have and what past handles have they used.

I went by the name "RebelMaster" for a good amount of my gaming online life, but the past year or two I've been switching it up, I chose the name Snak for a couple of reasons, the main reason being "Snak The Ripper" is one of my favorite underground rap artists, He's from Vancouver (the city I live in) so hes local!

Well, lets hear your reasoning (if you have any) for choosing your name!

2. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

i used to go by Brawler700, a random name i picked based on super smash bros brawl, but a while ago while i was playing tf2, the admin was really drunk and he started changing everyones names. after a few people got called cocksuckers, i got this and kept it.

3. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

i have always had the name Killamarshall, the reason behind this was i started playing combat games, and i was a "Killa" and my last name is Marshall.

4. ThePepper

ThePepper VIP

My last name is pepper.

5. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

so many people giving information i can use them to stalk them with

6. Snak

Snak Banned

Hahaha I like how you got your name! +1!!

7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

There is a jeep wrangler color called Mango Tango. While I may not own that color, I will soon be getting rid of my Deep Cherry Sahara and getting a brand new Copperhead Rubicon; I like orange.

8. Gonz

Gonz Chill... VIP

"Nope Trash" came from me saying trashy a lot. It pretty much my word for shitty,dumb,stupid,etc. When I disagreed with someone in an argument or something I would say Nope(you're wrong, I disagree), trash. So since I said that a lot I decided to make that my name. And since it's better than anything I can come up with I've stuck with it. I have no idea if it's a good nickname or not though : P
    I also go by "Its Just Seth" sometimes because I'm not good at coming up with nicknames, so it's like I have no nickname, I'm just Seth.And Seth is my name.

9. I have always gone by Guacamole62
    First because I'm stupid and I hated guacamole so I for some reason thought of that as an alias.
    62 comes from my first pin-code to my phones. 6256 which spelled my last name, MALM.
    I didn't feel like getting 4 numbers in there so I took 2.
    Yay my story!

10. Slippery

Slippery VIP

I'm offensive.

My 1st few igns were Killbabies and Adolf Dickler.

then it turned into Slippery Penis.

After getting kicked from every server except this one, i then changed it to slippery so i had a better chance to get mod.

11. All my IGNS

1.Stalagbite : Used it for MMORPGS and those stuff when I was 6-8 [​IMG]
    2.BrosephMcJosephson - Just a name I came up for those RP games.
    3.PancakeOverload/WaffleOverLoad - First IGN I used for FPS games. I got it because at the time i loved eating Waffles and Pancakes(Not Crepes)
    then came up with that

4.BananaCoconuts - 1 long thing and 2 circular things

12. HandsOfJustice

HandsOfJustice The Harpoon Prince VIP

I'm sorry, Adolf Dickler!? LOL

Anyway I got my name by finding a image of Bob Dylan, with Dolan's face shoppes on. I snatched it quick and made it my Steam name, but I had MANY aliases before that.

13. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Alright, I'll warn you now... I've had some pretty messed up names in the past- also this is going to be long.
    So lets start from the beginning with my first online gaming system: xbox360, my gamertag was "skinny1111". I had a very squeaky voice, and I often enjoyed trolling people with it. Players often made fun of my name saying that I was probably fat and out of shape.
    Then I decided to change my name, and after some long hard thought, I came up with an arguably worse name, "XStinkyPuppetX". Soon after changing it, I started to realize how bad of a name it was (this after many players came up with new variations of the name xD). I had the name skinny1111 for a couple years, and have had XStinkyPuppetX for several years.

I later moved onto steam (with the same username- something I regret) and eventually bought Garry's Mod. I joined the first server I saw and started playing. No later than my 1st kill (which was a RDM on an admin) was I perma banned. I then moved onto some other servers, but I found the rules too harsh for a noob player like myself. Eventually I found myself to stumble upon seriousttt, which had some of the less harsher rules that I could find. Soon after I found myself playing on seriousttt servers quite frequently. It was a combination of the good atmosphere and the warm community that kept me coming back for more. Being the troll I am, I often enjoyed shooting players with my pistol and throwing grenades all over the place. Keep in mind I was a noob player, who thought RDM was only when you kill a player. Anyways this went on for awhile, and I gained many slays for it. Now this part I remember very vividly; I was playing on the map Dolls, throwing all the incins around the map, and randomly shooting players... then suddenly I was banned by the mighty Highwon himself (my first ban). After some reflection and over 100 hours on the server (with approx. 39 slays), I realized that my reputation within the community was not very good. From then on I decided to change my ways and made it my goal not to RDM. In addition to this goal, I thought it would be fitting to change my name, as I was both embarrassed of it, and people knew me for all the wrong reasons. I soon came up with the name "The Law"; I figured it would be a very fitting name for TTT, and that was the main reason I picked it. Soon after I got Highwon to change my name on the forums, and everything was on the right track. I had successfully recreated myself, and completely turned away from my RDMing ways. After approx. 300 hours later I had gained a substantially good reputation on the server, at which point I felt comfortable in applying for mod.

TL:DR
    Name change from skinny1111 to XStinkyPuppetX, equally bad.
    Joined seriousttt, was a big time RDMer.
    Changed my name to "The Law" to recreate my image, it was successful.

14. The Law

How is it that I just realized the meaning behind your name xD

15. REALLY?! I feel you too I just realized Smithk47's name was AK-47 a month ago lol

16. ComPeter

ComPeter VIP

So that is where StinkyPuppet went.

17. The Law

Only the older players of the server would remember.

18. ComPeter

ComPeter VIP

I remember StinkyPuppet as one of those memorable bad player's.

19. Chronos

Chronos VIP

20. ChibiBear

ChibiBear VIP

I was thinking of chibi people when i made my psn chibiman3000 and now i just use it for anything and everything.
    Then there is Shibiman, Chibimang, ChibiBear, and simply chibiman