Your first day here, and your story.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Muffin, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Gonz

Gonz Chill... VIP

It was July 20th I believe, I just bought GMod and was going through TTT server to play on. I joined a couple that didn't really interest me in the 2 minutes I was on it haha. I hopped on STTT, and I believe it was on 67th way. I think ToCloseToYou and ElementOfSanity were the mods on at that time. I just walked around the whole time, not having any idead of how to play. I chatted up with ToClose for a good portion of the time, he pretty much told me all the rules of TTT. I was on late with Element and he told me how I can apply. I looked through some of the apps and noticed that a lot of them had been there for a while. So I lied on my app and said I had been playing on STTT for 2 weeks. About 3 days later I think I was playing with a certain admin and told him how I made an app and I jokingly said he should give me mod. He did aboout 2 minutes later. And that is my story. Kinda sad thinking about when I first joined, because there's very few people that are still here from that "generation". Also crazy to think that there was only one server then, and now we have 5.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fever

Fever SiCKER THAN PNEUMONiA VIP

MY GMOD/GAMING STORY:
    I had grown up either sneaking on my fathers computer to play Tomb Raider, or watching him play CoD. My mom never liked that I wanted to be on the internet or do """""boy stuff""""" so much so, I didn't really become familiar with gaming in general until I was 14 or 13. I didn't really have any friends who played steam games or any video games in general, but the boy I liked at the time was always talking about Gmod, LoL and TF2 so I became interested.

My dad gave me the login to his steam account and I bought TF2 (yes it was that long ago). I didn't really like TF2 too much because the "squeaker" thing didn't help much making friends. I decided to stop playing it and picked up Portal and HL2 and fell in love instantly. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to showcase an actual important message through animation.

So I'm 15 now and I stumble across this video:

and I laughed for a good like 3 days about it and decide to buy Gmod hoping I'd make friends who I can do this sorta stuff with.

Not much later, I meet the staff of NeverLastGaming and I make a lot of friends. Although they weren't the nicest, there were always there for me and for the next 6 months I would talk to them nearly everyday. If it wasn't for those assholes, I probably wouldn't be on Gmod today.

The rest of the story most people already know. STTT>NACTS.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I don't remember my first day here too well, but it was around Christmas time and @Snak was the first person to ever talk to me/bully me/befriend me???? He found a VAC Ban on my account and I still kinda think he felt like it was his Life Purpose to have the staff and community shun me from the Server <3.

Once that mess was cleared, @Event Horizon took me under his wing, became my Mommy and showed me """""da way""""" of STTT.

I've had a few bumps in the road here and there, but my experience on this community has been so remarkable and I've made so many friends. I'm really grateful that you all exist and y'all have a little cute place in my heart with puppies and stuff. So thank you. :nerd:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  3. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

On my first day I played with @Sir Lemoncakes , @ComPeter , and @Angelx among other notables. This was in August of 2013 and I had been server hopping around trying to find a good one. Through my first few weeks of playing TTT I became accustomed to using Props rather than a gun and I remember clutching a 1 v 7 with only a barrel as the last T standing on vessel. Lemoncakes was rooting for me via pm the whole way along lol. After that I became hooked on the server and the community and I believe I put in a mod app that night. A few days later, Peter accepted my app.

This was before there were "mod groups" so I didn't have an admin I had to look up to. I believe I was added into Lemon cakes group where I stayed for a month or so until I was promoted to an admin sometime in October I believe. This was back when there were only 4 admins and they were directly below @Highwon so I felt pretty honored to get the opportunity.

After about 4-5 consecutive months of being an admin on the server (I had seen almost 2 full gens of admins rotate through the system) I decided to call it quits because the game was getting stale.

I deeply missed the community though and now I'm back trying to get to know all of the new players and staff and I've really been enjoying my time so far! It's been awesome to see the server grow into the community it is today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Joined on October 17th, completely by chance, the last community i played on, my donation wouldn't work and they decided not to help so i left and joined here.

I didn't play a lot due to not really having any "friends" as per say in the community but as time went on, i'd play and hour or two a day, honestly, i don't remember a lot of people from when i was only, mainly @elitekiller150 and eduardoply whom inspired me to become staff, i applied with 19 hours and 0 experience, which looking back, was very very stupid.

Despite this i still got many +1's due to my time-zone mostly from players who don't play anymore, i almost gave up after not being accepted for 2 months, i played mainly with my real life friends on here at this point, sadly they all moved on, but then @MasterTail got promoted to admin, and i was his first pick, this was on January 2nd, on Minecraft. I've been staff under 3 admins since, @Krys and @POPSTAR respectively, at one point i was the 2nd longest standing moderator, alongside @Nope Trash And now i'm here, Admin, Scary thought to be honest.

Most of my play time was during the after-noon evening times, meaning i didn't get to play with such a wide variety of players as compared with other people, however the people i did, where the ones who helped me get where i am today.

Oh, and i'm the best player here on 150+ ping ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. daddy

daddy おじいちゃんファック VIP Bronze

The story of Kenny
    Once upon a time (Somewhere in April), i was playing Prop Hunt and decided, this is getting boring. I've heard and seen good stuff on TTT, so i thought why not?. I scrolled down to find the server with the most amount of people, and it happened to be West 1. As soon as a i joined my mic flared with fits of rage, yelling nonsense, and just general chaos. I'll be honest, i was quite a troll back then. My first interaction with another player was with @Nope Trash, and i was going off on him for slaying me for something. But then something happened. I realized his profile picture was the symbol for Project Freelancer, from Red vs Blue, a web series that he must have been a fan of. I felt bad instantly. And something about that kind of made me stop trolling for the rest of that map. Despite that, i did not like STTT and got off for a month. When i got back on, i had a change of heart. I realized what i did to Nope Trash and just my general trolling wasn't good for myself on this server, because i knew then i wanted to be a part of it. I realized there's a whole community. I left my trolling ways behind (Still troll then and there, never too much and never anything noticable) And grew a love for STTT. And from then on i play whenever i have the chance, gathering up almost 300 hours on the servers. Even though i am quite new here, i have loved my time here and i hope to be here for a long time. I would give names of the people i remember befriending first, but hey, you know who you are. *wink*

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tharbakim

Tharbakim New Member

The first time I played here was fairly short lived.
    @The Law was a moderator already, and constantly talked about the fun he had with the SeriousTTT servers. Knowing him in real life, I figured to have some fun with it. I managed to launch Garry's Mod without being bombarded with messages by him as was usually the case. After a few minutes of being sure he hadn't noticed, I set to work with my plan.

I changed my steam name to "The Law is a Traitor!" and joined the server he was playing on. He didn't notice until I had him trapped in a doorway, preventing him from moving. I believe the exact location was the closet leading to the traitor room on the bowling ally map. Some traitor was gifted 2 free kills soon after.
    The following round I was a traitor and The Law was innocent- managed to kill him with the stove traitor trap.

The third round, He said something in chat about me, and I replied. Some other user saw my name of "The Law is a Traitor!" and killed him at the beginning of the round for it. The joke was over, so I began cycling through names. "The Law Acts Suspicious!" and "Don't Trust The Law!" saw a few rounds of use, before (at that time) the other moderator online, @Event Horizon came along and ended my fun by kicking me from the game.

I've played a few dozen rounds since then every now and then, and the game isn't necessarily something I find terribly fun. However @The Law constantly tells me of the antics and fun some of you guys get up to, and I've spent the last few weeks on the @Event Horizon hosted FTB Server. The Law is constantly telling me I should play more and be more active, so earlier today I created a forum account and here I am. Hopefully you all don't mind a forum member who isn't terribly interested in the game you all enjoy, but I'll make sure to play a few rounds every now and then so you can all laugh at how terrible I am.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rage

Rage Banned

I didn't really understand how to play TTT and well... I was used to Cod. So I ended up with a karma ban and etc. :l But now its a lot more different. :)

8. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

I joined, I pwned, I won.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Old x 1
  9. KingAngel

KingAngel The 50 year old 13 year old VIP

Wrong I won 1v1 me CS:confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

I joined the server, killed someone because they were KoSed, and got slain my very first round by Cupcake Mayhem, who was an admin at the time T_T. Then I met some cool people and I stayed on a server for once instead of being a nomad TTT player. That's my story :D.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Hmmm... Short, I like it. :D

12. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Awww I remember my first day like it was yesterday. A few months ago, I bought Garry's Mod off the steam shop went directly to TTT. After a few misadventures and rule breaking on other servers, I found the Serious TTT server. I joined West and read over the rules, even though I ended up rdming a ton of people including a person who was a Miley Cyrus inpersonater. A few weeks after exploring all the STTT servers, I finally got an account and I have been here for a few months now( probably 4-5 months).

13. ridge

ridge VIP

I remember it good. It was around October, or September. I saw my brother playing some GMOD, I was on my old account and went by Jesse Pinkman. @Jesse Pinkman weird huh? But anyways, he says hes playing TTT, and i'm just like... WTF is that?
    I had spent almost 200 hours playing just sandbox.
    But I join him. My first 2 thoughts: "I remember seeing this in a Minnesota Burns video" and "Why are there so many checkerboards everywhere?!?!" He tells me to install CS:confused: so I did. I get back on, and it's on the bowling map. So that was my first map, I just remember playing so much & having so much fun rounds. I met so many funny people that day and had so many memories. I remember my biggest noob moment that day.. (click for story)
    So I walk into a bathroom on that map. Me and another guy were in there, I got out my crowbar and told the guy WATCH THIS! I walk up to a toilet, and hit it. I don't know why but I found it so funny, then the water (T TRAP) comes up and starts to drown me.. I thought it was the toilet I hit. Noob moments.
    another funny memory was this guy running around with the radio in circles. Laughed so hard. But I remember having so much fun. I go on my new Steam account (one I use currently) and buy a GMOD/CS:confused: pack. The next few months are crazy. I change my name from jesse to Heisenberg, Walter, and finally Mr. Lambert (Every name I have used have been Breaking Bad References) and go on almost everyday. It's been my first and favorite server, and the only server I continue to go on. Finally, I decided to change my ways of RDMING (just like @The Law) and i've been avoiding slays now.
    TL;DR: Join as my first TTT Server after my brother invites me, have a lot of fun memories, buy it on my new steam account, have fun, RDM a lot, change my ways, make friends, here we are now!
    Sorry it was so long.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ridge

ridge VIP

Why was he mad about you having a VAC ban? I have one too but no one on the server has ever seemed to care lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. thanemartin4

thanemartin4 Regular Member

I cussed out a lot of people by mass RDM and leaving. . . yeah. Not a great start!

16. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I used to be a staff member on a very small ttt server that ended up getting quite corrupt. The admins were promoting their buddies to mod and they would screw around with the commands and do really dumb stuff. I then later found out the owner was using the donation money to pay for a Minecon ticket. I do not have a problem with servers being a way to make money, but the owner literally tried guilting me every week about how the server only had a month left of fund and bla bla bla. So after all that, I left the community and blocked the owner.

For a month or so, I was server hopping to random servers and just getting a feel for them. I did have one that I was semi-regular on, but it wasn't that great of a ttt server. The staff were nice and nonabusive but nothing about the server had me hooked. Then one day I was browsing through the server list and saw "Serious TTT East | Harpoon | Jihad | FastDL" I like jihads and I wanted to see what harpoons were all about, so I joined the server and waited 10-15 minutes for everything to download. I joined on the minecraft map my first round as a traitor. I was pretty bad at the game at the time, so I didn't really know what I was doing. I bought a SVU and hung out behind the tower and got a few sniper kills. Not a bad first round.

Fast forward a week or two and I've really likened up to the server. The pointshop weapons and upgrades really had my eye, then I found out you could donate to the server, so I checked out the perks and decided to go straight for vip+ since it was a fair purchase at the time. I registered to the forums and made my donation. I then saw that you could apply for moderator and since I really liked this server, I figured I'd make a mod app.

The mod app was one of my first posts. I had about 40 hours on the server and a squeaky clean record. As I began to know the staff more, I liked the server even more. The staff were really nice to me. One staff member I always remembered when I started out, @Slicck . He was one of my favorite staff members at the time. He was so cool and just an overall good guy and staff member.

I remember the night I got promoted as well. It was on 67th way and I was there with @Snak . I was just playing normally when I noticed some odd behavior between two players on the server. The first thing that rubbed me wrong was that a traitor with an mp7 was camped up in a room with an innocent, who he was not shooting at. I killed the traitor with the mp7 and the innocent started shooting me. So I killed him as well and that's when I found out he was innocent. I checked their steam profiles and noticed they were friends, so I messaged Snak and told him that these two players might be ghosting. He ended up catching them ghosting and that was when he decided to promote me to moderator.

Yup. Snak was my admin. For about a week. :LOL:

Then some stuff went down and he stepped down and MangoTango was my admin for a month or two until @Diekasta resigned and I was offered to take his spot sometime in January. Since then, I've been an admin for this wonderful community and I have not ever thought of leaving. This is one of the best communities I have ever gotten to know.

~~EDIT~~

My first post: http://www.seriousttt.com/threads/i-was-wondering.2112/#post-12875

My mod app (6th post):

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Well to be honest my first day here i was planning to just rdm every one with one of my friends. For some reason i decided not to and now i have no life and only play on this server when im on gmod.

18. Tachyon

Tachyon New Member

I confused this server with another one after not playing for a year or two and fell in love because the admins and mods actually did shit other than abuse their power.

19. Robert! paulson!

Robert! paulson! Well-Known Member

Me and snak cooled it on my first day, and psycho panda haha.

20. urisk2

urisk2 ~Rawr~ I'm a polar bear VIP

Iirc, I hopped around servers until i found one i liked. I finally decided on this one and the first time i played on it by myself when i had decided it was my new server was...... with fever on Camel. She was being mildy harassed by some guys and she mentioned later I had a note on my adminstats but she wouldn't tell me what it was. I was very frustrated. Within a day began the weekend of one hundred jihads.... and I powered through it and i'm here today.

• Informative Informative x 2