Your first day here, and your story.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Muffin, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

My first time playing here, I remember very clearly. One morning, I was dealing with alot of drama, and playing some TTT when I stumbled head first into the West server. At first, I thought @captain-vodka was a young boy, and I picked on her/him, warranting my only gags/mutes. The next day, I made a forum account and apologized to her. What is your story, if you have any entertaining ones?

• Like Like x 2
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Highwon said, "Let there be Mango," and there was Mango. Highwon saw that Mango was good.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

I took part in an RDM round and almost got banned, yeah not a great start for me. This was in December and I remember the map being Nipperhouse

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Really though, I started on West when there were only two servers. Most memorable players my first couple of days: Angelx, Slippery, DieKasta, Skip the Dip, Achievement Hunter(always harassed Angel lol), Asty, and McKeon Hitman.

5. PapaVodka

PapaVodka Big Daddy Overlord Banned

I hope you know my anti-Muffin faction is still strong over that. <3
    As for me I first popped up on West around July/August, I decided I hated everyone and left for two or three months. Some reason or another I came back and loved it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

Community I was in went to shit for a second time.
    Looking for random server.
    Join SeriousTTT, only had 1 server.
    4-5 admins. Highwon was one of them.
    Talkin' to my m8. Playin' some TTT.
    Go on forums. Looks similar to our communities old forums.
    I look at application. I forgot whos but I think it was Diekasta's or ThanksForTheFish's for some reason.
    No app format, said he likes walks on the beach. Got accepted.
    I laugh because of how bad it is. Tell my m8 gonna apply as a joke.
    Copy paste this st00f
    Steam Name: CURRENT: Keymod| TeeZ ORIGINAL: scaredtheman5

Steam ID (steamidfinder.com): STEAM_0:1:41797080

Previous Experience: Moderator for TTT server on keymod servers, minecraft moderator/admin/co-owner on mutiple servers, admin on a different TTT server until i got demoted/became inactive.

Timezone: Mountain Time Zone

Do you have a mic?: Yes sir.

Why do you want to be moderator?: I want to help enforce the rules on Serious TTT, and assist members when no others are there. I am generally active on the TTT server.

What can you bring to Serious TTT Servers: An enjoyable time while enforcing the rules not letting the trolls ruin the great time on keymod (thats how you know I copy pasted this app, that was my old communities name.), I also now the correct punishments for people who break the rules, I can also collaborate with other moderators/admin when I need help or simply don't know what to do.
    Get accepted. Mod for 1 day. Leave because old com started lookin' good. Went to shit again, didn't come back here, decided to go to JB community. Still stalked this place every now and then. Saw this place be lookin' hella fine. Make another app. Get accepted by ye ol' Master Tail. Get in trouble, have to resign. After get comp back, apply again, and here we are now.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  7. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I have made up for it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snak

Snak Banned

Don't remember exactly the first day, but I remember playing a lot with Angelx when she was just a VIP, was a lot of fun, I was just server hopping seeing how far I could push some limits before the terrible staff banned me, but this server had a general good vibe too it so I decided to tone it down just to stay a little longer. Here we are today.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sam

Sam VIP

The only thing I remember was that I was in a game with Competer when he was a mod,Repulsel and DoA Nightmare.

10. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

I used to admin another server during last summer it actually reached the top 50 servers on Gmod (we were at #28 ! :D ) but the server died due to money issues, the ex-staff and I made up a theory that the owner had taken all the money that was donated and ran with it.
    So about 2-3 months after the server I admin closed, I looked for another server and joined on @Red, I ended up getting slain x3 on my first day because I wasn't too familiar with the rules and was still used to the previous server's rules I used to stick with ^-^

I remember most players and staff on STTT largely ignored my existence on my first day :b

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  11. Lightning

Lightning Bringing the Thunder VIP

My first round of ttt was great…. I got harpooned in the face

• Like Like x 1
  12. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

My first day on TTT was fucked up, I didn't even know I had to warn before Jihading and I got banned lol. My only ban in my entire life was in TTT, congrats.

13. Steven

Steven VIP Silver

The first day which I remember is when I was the last innocent and it was me VS six traitors. I killed them all because I used logic I was then slain next round because two of the traitors felt I didn't have enough evidence this is when I decided to not try on inno rounds.

14. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

~My Story~
    I bought Garry's mod for the purpose of playing TTT. After spending 3 days downloading the game (yes my internet was quite bad at the time) I played my first match on a random server. On my very first round I RDMed an admin, and was immediately permabanned thereafter. I didn't let that stop me though, so I went and joined another server, played a few rounds, and again was permabanned from that server. After that I started to regret my decision of buying Garry's mod, and didn't bother playing it for a few weeks. However, I decided to give it one last try, but this time I would look for a server that was more noob friendly, one that had fair rules. The search for a good server was not going very well, but that's when I found a server name that caught my eye, "SeriousTTT". I honestly wasn't expecting it to work out, I joined figuring I'd be permabanned given it's name "SeriousTTT". I was happily surprised to find a set of clear and fair rules, with professional staff and great server addons. Unfortunately, my start on SeriousTTT was not so innocent. I would find every way I could to cheat the rules and get away with RDM. I also enjoyed randomly shooting people but not killing them, and spamming incendiary grenades around the map. I had 49 slays in my first 80 hours on the server. Luckily, things did change for me. One day @Highwon had banned me for Mass RDM (my first ban) for damaging several players with incendiary grenades. And from that period on I vowed to change, I changed my name to "The Law" and so began the long journey to change my poor reputation in the community. I played for another 300 hours before I felt comfortable in applying for a staff position. I was a moderator for 1 month, then resigned to keep my priorities straight with school. 3-4 months later I applied for staff again, and was accepted by @POPSTAR where I was a trial mod for 2 days. I was then promoted to a mod, and continued moderating for approx. 1 week, where I was then promoted to admin, which leaves us at the end of my story on SeriousTTT so far.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

First day was sometime in September, played for 2 rounds then left, as my friends played on other servers, which wasn't exactly what I would consider an actual first day. Eventually returned mid-late January after joining on a good friend of mine from before (@MegatroN [Apollo] ).

These servers were different from others I'd played on before. There were no random hats, nyan cat guns, and the donation system was much more balanced than any other I'd seen before. It was relaxed, calm, and most importantly, enjoyable. The variety of M9K guns, harpoons, and the pointshop convinced me to stick around and join the forums. Memorable players from that first day were POPSTAR, sNAppy-TurTle, and Killamarshall.

A few weeks later, I put in a moderator application, as my personality naturally leads me to want to help out. I was accepted by Killamarshall 2 days later, and I remained a moderator for approximately 2 months, over which I was transferred between a couple of different admins (Killamarshall, MegatroN, and Sir Lemoncakes). Sometime mid-April (I can't recall the exact date), I was promoted to administrator. Fast forward a couple of months and we've reached today, still as proud to be a part of this community is I have ever been before.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

My story is... I make a steam account, let it sit.. Remember my password, boom, I bought garry's mod because I wanted to be like Zuthar13.... So, I joined SeriousTTT East and pressed every button on my keyboard and found out how to chat, I asked "WTF, Why is everything blurry and purple and black. Someone said" go to Options > Advance > Enable Developer console." "Now press ~ on your keyboard, type "unbind all" in console. I did... and I got trolled ;c then someone said "go buy CS:confused:" I didn't have enough money for a 27 dollar game so I used google, I found how to fix the "unbind all" troll and the errors.

Flash forward, I'm playing on terror train with TSU and I crowbar someone at the start of a round(Pre-round) because everyone else did it, It lagged out and I damaged someone 0:00 seconds into the round, I was slain by Tsu.. I was mad and didn't know what RDM was (Duh, I just bought gmod.) Then, I take my stupid slay. Then the map changes to 67th way, someone breaks the tester and I kill them, they were inno and I was a detective( They said it was traitorous so I killed them. HINT: They = the players) I was reported and I said "Uh, I don't remember killing anyone that round, maybe it was last round.. I killed you for shooting a guy) (That was incorrect because I wasn't serious about games, I just played them) I was slain, I then remembered why I killed him and I told TSU in admin chat.. He said "You should have said that in the report" and I was so pissed because I wasn't having fun. (I did take the slay, I waited until I was slain, not when the round was over) I tell him in admin chat "Well.. I guess I'll go, I took my slay, goodbye, I'm leaving to go play rust because not being able to play is no fun! I was banned for rdm & leave. That is why I have my ONLY ban... But if you read the story, it's false. (It wasn't really rdm because the person I killed broke the tester) So, I come back after an hour of playing rust. "What??? I took my slay.. It wasn't even rdm anyway... O_O. I join West 1 and meet @The Law" I said in chat "Well, that's sad, I was banned from east for rdm and leave even though it was a false slay" The law nicely said "Appeal at www.seriousttt.com" (The old forums btw. :D) I said, "Why should I appeal? It's only 5 days, I can wait it out." He said "Because the next one will be 2 weeks" I said, "Okay, thanks, I'll appeal" I said "how do I find my steamID and what is it. o_O (I'm a noob in steam)" he said "I'll get it for you" The Law says "STEAM_0:1:83078581 is your steamID" I said, "Thank you!" I appeal and.. Uh it's denied. :c I wait it out, then I catch rdmers, harassment cases and such.

OKAY LEGO, NOW IS THE TIME TO STOP.. O_O THIS IS YOUR FIRST DAY, NOT THE WHOLE STORY.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

I bought Gmod back in early February and i remember the first thing i wanted to try out was TTT because i saw Youtube videos on it and it looked really fun. i played through many different servers and i stayed in one server for about a month and i started to get bored of it so i wanted to switch. I went on the list and saw a server on the top called SeriousTTT . It sounded good to me so i decided to go on the server and play it , i liked it the guns were cool and when i saw the point shop it was cool with all these upgrades and jihad sounds so i decided to play here more often. I don't remember much of my first days or anything like that on the server but it had to be good since i stayed. I'm not sure if it was from this server or not but i remember the first person i added was @MegatroN [Apollo] and he was cool so it made me like these servers more. After 1 month i made an account on the forums since i really started to like these servers and i wanted to be apart of the community. I don't think i ever really got into trouble and i really wanted to help out so i then made a mod app which was then denied since i wasn't really known .Then in late May i made my second mod app which was then accepted by @The Seventh and i'm glad i can help out these servers. Now i'm here and i'm proud to be a part of this community and i love everyone here.

• Like Like x 3
  18. megaboy

megaboy I got this game for Fathers day VIP

The feels bro.

• Like Like x 1
  19. KingAngel

KingAngel The 50 year old 13 year old VIP

Ahh, yes Okay so it started last summer sale when gmod was on sale my freind told me to buy it so I did we were going to RDM and I didn't know what that was so I joined and killed like 4 people and my friend killed 6 and got banned I was slayed for 3 rounds (rules were different back then) so I waited because I was going to RDM it was 12 AM and I was about to go to bed and DoA said "anyone want to apply for moderator?" So I said me! and than he said to apply on the forums so I did and he had a server wide vote to see who is going to be mod between me and Collin, naturally the older person won because they saw my age and they're like naawwww niggu so I was kind of sad but I stuck around for about 2 days than DoA said I was going to be a project for him as a new player and a temp mod so I went on to become a full-time mod and stayed until this day (joined july 4 around 12 AM)

• Like Like x 2
  20. I met braeden mccloud and started talking bout earl sweatshirts album that was new at the time and yea, tbc.