Your experience with scammers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Indy226, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Thread title
    Explain your experience with scammers
    did they succeede in scamming u or not?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I got scammed into buying VIP so I could use the AK and then they nerfed it

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  3. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

Had a guy try to pose as a steam admin who'd ban me if I didn't verify my account. Other than that, not really many attempts besides you know "Car warranty" calls

4. Dude said id get a free gift card if i subscribed , liked the video and comment , but it hasn't arrived yet .

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 8BitF0x

8BitF0x a pixelated fox that loves rdm VIP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately he blocked me at the end.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Calls from IRS/Banks saying you've been hijacked:
    Use fake name and fake SSN (because they can't check), let it play out for about 3-5 minutes, and then claim you're the police and you've tracked their number (What are they gonna do, call the cops on you for impersonating someone?). They usually hang up immediately which is hilarious, I like to think they're a bit scared.
    - Note: I think they share databases because I'd get some calls and a couple questions in, they'd cuss me out or just hang up. Those calls stopped for a bit, kinda sad tbh, quarantine has left me a bit bored.

Calls from car insurance/warranty companies (which might be legit, but are just as annoying):
    - (In a high pitch) "Hi! I'm 10 years old, wanna be friends?" Instant hang up. Those calls have stopped too... :(

They can be annoying, but they can also be really fun. Depends on the timing.

7. Btw, those are some neat game titles, would you suggest? (o )(o ) /s

8. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

Many have tried all have failed I long for the day a scammer is good enought to even make me think twice

On another note I used to be a pro RuneScape scammer back when I was just a little bouly , good times

9. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Actually had someone scam me out of my friend's csgo knife. For some reason my friend wanted to do the trade while we were playing a match. The guy said the old "trade it to your friend so I know the trade works" and then had a fake account that looked like my friend's account. My friend gave me the knife and then a min later the fake account started frantically asking for the knife back. I asked my friend on the team speak call why he was demanding it back so fast over steam chat but because we were in a match so he ignored me and I ended up sending the knife to the fake account.

I felt bad so I replaced the lost skin out of my own pocket a couple days later and gave it to him. It was my first experience with any kind of trade on steam.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

I once got scammed on Hypixel Skyblock because I was an idiot. about a month later I was able to get it back thanks mostly to a kind stranger named LapisChest. Other than that not any other experiences. And if you’re wondering, I kinda quit skyblock a little bit after the community center update, I was just bored. Just emptying lapis minions every once in a while and banking up 60 Mil+ coins

11. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

I got two. First was a voicemail from "Officer Brown" (In the most text-to-speech monotone voice) saying they've suspected me of tax fraud and to call them back immediately. I wish I still had the voicemail so I could upload it. It was fucking hilarious.

Other than that, besides the normal "extended car warranty expiring" (which I know is BS, but still funny to think about considering I have a 2013 Audi allroad with 137,000 miles; bitch there ain't no warranty), I don't targetted much.

12. Lady Cloudia

Lady Cloudia VIP Silver

I've run into scammers a lot due to my item inventory that I've had to block every person trying to add me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sanchez ❤

Sanchez ❤ Junior staff trainer VIP

My friend's account steam account got hacked and he sent me a link to a fake steam login website. He probably fell victim to phishing and hackers tried to get my account too.