Your diplomatic stance

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Discussion' started by Squidd, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squidd

Squidd VIP

How do you usually react/play with others in Minecraft? Are you the helping type that will donate whatever you can to players in need, or are you the type to attack everyone on sight? Do you plan on joining/creating a large clan , playing with a small group of friends, or are you going to be a solo player?

This is mostly just to see the kind of server its going to be ahead of launch.
    Peraonally I'm a very neutral player. I won't go out of my way to attack people or their base, but if they start something with me I'll happily retaliate.
    I generally am I solo player but I am thinking of creating a small clan of the Elite players, but no shared bases.
    More so a mutual alliance.

How about you?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

The weak should fear the strong

• Winner x 9
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  3. I always try to seclude myself either far away from people, underground, or even in the water. Minecraft is usually played when I am feeling somewhat creative and don't feel like dealing with the butts on sandbox servers. Or the lag from everyone spawning entities.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

So I'm a fairly aggressive player in most games, and factions used to be my gig on Minecraft, but I'm likely going to be taking a very neutral stance this time around.

I'll likely have a small group of friends with claims all in the same vicinity, and anyone is welcome to join that group. It'll probably be a good idea to start groups like this to be able to interact with one another more often as the map is massive and there is no single entry point.

Having said that- my land will be filled will intricate traps and torture chambers for those hot blooded folk that want to attack me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Dont touch my stuff, you'll live a longer life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Valedict

Valedict VIP

I'll probably be living away from most people. My current plans are to make a giant tower, then leave it for people to see.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

My wife and I will likely play on our own. We will build a house and a farm and mine/farm/etc together for 10-15 hours a week.

• Like Like x 5
  8. EhhChris

Nothing wrong with that, but don't be afraid to interact with other people, not everyone is blood hungry!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Nah. Problem being usually the younger folk are just too.... Weird in minecraft. Most of the people I've come across around Serious so far are pretty well off though. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

If I've learned anything from playing TTT it's to never trust anyone, and now we got all those TTT players migrating over to Minecraft! I'll be watching my back 24/7, thank you. :p

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Squidd

Squidd VIP

To me, a lot will depend on what exactly the rules will be. It still hasn't been confirmed if raiding is a thing so maybe bases will be safe in general?

Ill most likely have at least two Main bases, one including a vault that will likely be underground and 5000~ blocks away from anything else for safety concerns, and my main base will be for locations sake, I.E. near a Stronghold, Village, Forest Mansion, or a Spawn and etc.

• Like Like x 1
  12. EhhChris

That's... an excellent point.

So you won't be able to raid any bases, as griefprevention prevents any damage or looting from things you don't own / are permissioned to use from the owner. However, PvP will be enabled so I suppose killing you for your items is a thing. Owning the land you're fighting on does give a massive advantage though, obviously.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

I'll be friendly to anyone who's friendly to me out in the Wasteland. And anyone who needs shelter from the dangers out there can stop by my vault anytime.

And no, I've got no plans to be a raider or anything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. EhhChris

I have a feeling you're going to like one of the MobArenas.

15. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Ahh! So my base doesnt have to be an inconspicuous Obsidian Cube layered with Lava to prevent Ender Pearl exploits and Water to safegaurd myself Vs. Cannons? :D

I can actually put a little effort into making an aesthetically pleasing base.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. EhhChris

Exactly!

I do prefer factions and raiding, however I can see why more people are on the other side of that fence. Not to mention it will be nice to not have to make a lonely anti-exploit obby layered prison cell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

My house always protected by traps to anyone who want to steal my stuff
    Lava trap /water trap / underground base / hiden any deadlyparcor / anti canon / and some fighting too
    Tnt canons / and that thing that launch arows

• Like Like x 2
  18. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Living alone in a place you done let people know about and being a pacifist is the way to go.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Deathbyrussian

Deathbyrussian Creator of Worlds - http://imgur.com/a/LfHNY Emerald

I'm a loner as well. I like to keep to myself in general so in Minecraft I'll be finding a nice secluded area. Probably gonna end up building a base on one of the Tropical Islands or maybe the Redwood biome, not sure. Regardless, it'll be secluded and difficult to reach in some way. I won't be making a bunch of traps though, I've never good at that :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

More of a loner myself as well. I tend to try and create vast underground networks with sticky pistons for hidden doors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.