Your account explained

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4sea, Jan 29, 2018.

1. 4sea

4sea VIP

I've created this guide to explain the extensive options you have towards personalizing your forum account.

To enter your account settings you can simply hover over your name in the top right corner, next to inbox and above the search bar. Here you will see quite a few options that I will go over individually. It will look something like this:
    [​IMG]

Personal details
    : This is where you can set your status message, avatar, gender, date of birth, location, occupation, homepage and an about you section, that people can read if they go to your profile.
    You can also choose if people can see your date of birth, or if that is hidden.
    [​IMG]

Signature: Here you can create your signature, a message that will display below every post you make on our forums. To see the rules about signatures on our forum please click here
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Contact Details: This will determine how you will be contacted and by whom. Who can start a conversation with you, and if you want to receive an email about that conversation. You can also input your other social media profiles here if you want.
    [​IMG]

Privacy: This will allow you to personalize who can see on your profile, the information that they can see on your profile, who can follow you and who can start conversations with you.
    [​IMG]

Preferences: Here you can set your timezone, and choose if you want to automatically watch the threads you created and if that sends you email notifications every time somebody replies.
    It will also give the option to use rich text editor, use flash based uploader for attachments, showing people's signatures, showing your online status and showing your current activity.
    [​IMG]

Alert Preferences: Here you can edit when you receive alerts. Alerts are the notifications you will see on the top right.
    [​IMG]

Avatar: This will let you change your avatar. Just click Browse to select a file from your pc, and upload that image to the server. Please note your avatar is subjected to the forum rules
    [​IMG]

External Accounts: This is where you can link your steam account with your forum account. Please note that if you are applying to become a staff member this is not optional.
    [​IMG]

Password: Here you can change your password.
    [​IMG]

• Informative x 13
    • Like x 3
    • Confusing x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. 4sea

4sea VIP

Reserved.
    (I'll do part two tomorrow orso, as I got close to the character limit and I'm only halfway through)

• Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  3. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Not to be "that guy" but... tf is this for lmao

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
  4. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

:whistle::oops:
    Maybe read next time? o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Elvis

It was rhetorical, but guess you never learned what that is.

This post is unnecessary.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. It clearly wasn't rhetorical.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Elvis

Can you not? Like who tf are you?

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. "Not to be "that guy" but... tf is this for lmao"

You're clearly asking him the purpose of the post please explain what's rhetorical about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

He's implying that it's not needed, hence it's rhetorical :confused:

This might be useful to someone who's not used to forums so why not :sleep:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Elvis

Thanks for explaining it better.

Snowflake ftw

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Oh look! Here's the next part of the new user's guide! I've been wondering where I left it...

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. RaYm0nD

RaYm0nD VIP Bronze

I support Elvis, because he's cool and famous and cool and famous. He's so well known that like I don't know who doesn't know him. If you don't know Elvis you're a loser. In fact, Elvis is so well known that I am honored to be replying in his honor. This thread is a great example of how Elvis has a high IQ. You neanderthals would not understand why that is, of course. You should be ashamed to talk doodoo of the almighty Elvis. Thank you Elvis for providing us with your presence.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Elvis

It's my pleasure.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. 4sea

4sea VIP

yeh this wont be finished no more.

no more.. now what does that remind m...
    BABY DON'T HURT ME
    NO MORE

• Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1