you should never be in this position

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Blue Spaghetti Monster, Jul 3, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Spaghetti Monster

Blue Spaghetti Monster Active Member

after speaking again to rauno about a report and forum post i did about him a while ago, we came up to the conclusion that i couldnt do anything in that situation, i couldnt have not shot him else someone else would have killed me for not killing the rdmer, i could not have let someone else kill him, else the same would happen.

the forum report with the information about the situation im talking about is this: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-rauno.41087/

let me explain more, a guy was on the roof and he started killing someone, then i killed the rdmer and wanted to id the body, but then i got killed for killing someone. i would have died either way and could not have done anything about it, that shouldnt be, that makes no sense and should be something done about it, i dont want to do anything with anyone now who was invovled in that situation, but i want to make an example of this , this is an example where the person in my spot couldnt have done anything to not die even tho he hasnt done anything wrong.

so im trying to make a suggestion for a rule or something else to make is that u can actually do something about this, and no, killing the person who is shooting who for killing the rdmer isnt a solution.

2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

But how is a random player supposed to know the role of the person your shooting? This just allows free kills.

You're asking for people to check the reason for every single kill and if it was someone RDMing you shouldn't be killed? Ts will just lie and get away with shit.
    Once you understand the game you'll understand why your suggestion is mindblowigly backward

Someone lock this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

I think that defeats the purpose of TTT then. This game mode is all about perspective and seeing someone as the bad guy when they may not be. If I see a situation plays out between two people I may just let it play out and investigate it later on, or take a side on the spot (depending on the situation). You took the risk of attacking the player and should know the possible consequences that may come from it.

No -1

4. Blue Spaghetti Monster

i mean its bullshit that the person in that situation HAS to die and cant do anything about it.

5. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

No, just kill all the people who try to shoot you.

Congratz, you live! and get karmabanned

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

Don't kill him and just walk away if u hate this happening. Just let the guy get a slay if he did "rdm"

7. Blue Spaghetti Monster

but people saw me with the rdmer and then they can kill me without me able do anything because i didnt kill the guy who was killing

8. Blue Spaghetti Monster

and littlememe what do you even mean with 'rdm' its wasnt 'oh is he rdming or a traitor' no. it was straight up rdm, did you even look at the forum post i put in?, its wasnt a maybe if he was rdming it was a 100% that he was rdming

9. littlememe

No

10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Okay now take your situation and remove the RDM, how does any other player know it's RDM?

Spoilers ; they don't.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blue Spaghetti Monster

if there is a full room with 10 players and 3 of them are traitors, then 1 traitors starts shooting then everyone in the room starts shooting eachother, 2 innocent survive that wipefest, then another person comes in that room and just kills them 2 because they happen to also kill innocents in that crapfest, isnt that rdm?, that you were near a very big and hectic fight where everyone shot everyone, then the guy who comes in the room is just going to kill the 2 survivors just because they were near that fight. and then that guy gets away with it cuz, well innocents died in that fight. how is that not rdm?

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Now I feel like you're just coming with hypothetical so you can meet your objective.

What happened to you was because you committed a traitorous act. You commit a traitorous act, even reacting to someone committing a traitorous act, you can be killed. Period.

That's the core game mechanics. You can't change that.

13. Blue Spaghetti Monster

im talking about the guy who came in just to killed the 2 guys

14. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

still u did a t act by killing the rdmer even if u don't kill him its gba bs u saw a guy killing ppl , stop complaining bro its was just 1 round.

15. Blue Spaghetti Monster

i clearly said im not talking about the my situation in that forum report, im taking that for and example, but i think you guys are on the fence and getting mad at me, which is very unnecessary.

16. El FLaco Gamer

El FLaco Gamer Ecks Dee? VIP

-1 From me. At the end of the day you did something traitorous by shooting at, and eventually killing somebody. These situations just unfortunately happen because people are not psychic. If you see somebody shooting another player, you can kill them end of story. The only ways to fix this would be to remove the GBA rule, to somehow make shooting people not KoSable, or some other HIGHLY contextual rule. I think any of these would either do more harm than good, or be simply too hard to enforce properly and be confusing for the players. I see where you're coming from, and I've gotten very heated with staff members in similar situations. but looking back I think these rules are best left how they are.

Edit: Just want to add that I can very well not be seeing all the solutions. If someone were to draft a rule that neatly fixed this problem without being too contextual, then I'd definitely be in favor.

17. Blue Spaghetti Monster

this is just a suggestion, not need or big chance or anything, it very unreasonable to talk this way, im not talking about loon tink only, i mean :
    "Spoilers ; they don't."
    "Don't kill him and just walk away if u hate this happening "
    "You're asking for people to check the reason for every single kill"
    "Someone lock this."
    "Now I feel like you're just coming with hypothetical so you can meet your objective. "

18. Blue Spaghetti Monster

Again, im not saying such a big rule, this is an open and free suggestion thread, to give ideas, im not saying that any big chances should happend, but to just give ideas. but you dont listen.
    and you are taking my personal situation to much into it, even tho i said multiple times that its not about that.
    so you -1 is kinda harsh and very short sited

19. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I think the rules are fine the way they are. I do believe Detectives should be able to move unIDed bodies though.

20. littlememe

Deal with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.