Denied Xproplayer's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Xproplayer, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Your In Game Nickname:
    Xproplayer
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:40782481
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Well I may not believe that I should be 100% unbanned, the ban should be shortened. The fact is I was asleep during the ban anyways so it's not like I was mass RDMing and an admin came on and insta banned. I'll try to be plain and straightforward in this, the fact is I know that Slicck has personal issues with me due to me challenging his authority on a separate occasion, but I don't mind. The fact is I know that I am "known" for being a "toxic" player and other things according to a moderator I am friends with, I will admit I have done some actual loophole exploting in the past (grenade dropping traitor baiting) that I WAS banned for by TheCoCoFTW but was then unbanned because I talked to him and explained I wasn't trying to be a toxic player, I was trying to record a video to post to the forums, which he understood. But the fact is something would have to have triggered Slicck to ban me, and the fact is last night I was just playing my normal way, I was even recording a few rounds, I hadn't been reported and slain, I was just playing the game like I do. I take advantage of the GBA, unid bodies, and traitor baiting to kill a few people because I have been knifed / harpooned by several traitors who I had a chance to kill but didn't. But last night I was playing very normally, the only thing I had done that was remotely shady was getting on the roof of cs_assault which is within the map rules. So yea I'm not really sure why I was even banned in the first place, and the fact is I don't believe I should just go from small bans (2 5 day bans served in the past) to a sudden global 1 month ban, if Slicck really wanted to send a message he could have global banned for 5 days, or a single server ban for a month, or something else, I'm just not sure what triggered him to ban me and why it was for so long.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    If the ban was triggered by one of my last few rounds on STTT last night, I was actually recording them since I just found out how to run Gmod in a custom resolution window so I can use OBS to record, so if it stemmed off one of those rounds I can upload any footage.

And if this appeal is instant closed with no true conversation, I would like to have some way to communicate with slicck, either via conversation on the forums or on the teamspeak so I can talk adult to adult.

@Slicck

2. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

As someone that has requested you be banned on multiple occasions, I celebrate the fact that you finally got punished for being such a toxic person on the servers. There is not a single night where you come in and actually try to have a good time with the rest of the players on ANY server that I have had the oh-so-fortunate experience of being on with you. If you know that you are doing things wrong and you purpetually do them, you deserve to have a long ban. If you know you have an extensive history and you KNOW that staff finds you a toxic player, perhaps you should consider how you interact with players and staff instead of continuing with the trail of toxicity and overall terrible attitude.

I've been one of the people you spew your toxicity at and I would love to hear your validation for saying "shut up bitch" to ANYONE on the server for any reason and have it not equate to you just being an asshole.

3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Have you read the forum rules, you are not supposed to respond to a ban appeal you are not involved with. Cheers.

4. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

You have been banned for multiple occasions of loophole trolling, and the decision was made final after multiple staff members came to me with evidence they have gathered by spectating you over a long period of time. @TheCoCoFTW will most likely link the video that ended up being the last straw. You intentionally traitor baited with a jihad and @IKEA Cabinet shot near you once. You then proceeded to follow IKEA for the next couple of minutes reiterating the fact that he shot near you. You clearly killed him not because you felt threatened by him, but because you could loophole through it. There have been multiple other instances where you have been caught doing things that are similar to that, and that's why your ban is a lot larger than a normal loopholing ban.

Also, let's make some things clear.

Players have come along that are 20 times worse than you in terms of having traits that not many people are in love with. I don't let my personal opinions of people cloud the decisions I make. If that were the case, I'd be long gone a long time ago. I didn't suddenly "snap" and say "I feel like banning Xproplayer". You were banned after evidence was gathered and presented to me by multiple staff members who will most likely also comment on this ban appeal.

5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Let me just stop you about 1 sentence in there, I have been banned ONCE for "loopholing / toxic player" by Coco, not multiple times. And as far as the jihad incident, people do that ALLLLLL the time because they have custom jihad sounds (Like I did when I was vip+ and they like to hear them, the fact that someone shot AT me while I was messing around means they were traitor baiting, I can't count the number of times I've done something like that and been killed by a traitor who took the opportunity, so I take anyone shooting at me as they are a traitor taking advantage of the situation.

6. Opii

Opii Keep it Simple. VIP

From her own experience with you, I have to say that she is considered a witness and is involved. Cheers.

And from my own experince with you, and from what I heard from a number of staff members and players, Slicck's and Cthulu's interactions with you seem to be common among the player base.

7. TheCoCoFTW

TheCoCoFTW Veteran Member

Here is the video of some of the evidence we have of you loopholing and just being toxic to the community. I myself along with the numerous staff and members here have witnessed your behavior and it is not tolerated here. There have been numerous instances that weren't recorded of you loopholing but most of the staff have witnessed it. I highly recommend this appeal be denied.

8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I am watching the video now and breaking it down, for starters at 25 seconds you can see the UNID body you walked, past I have highlited the body in yellow, and your walking path that puts you next to it in red. http://i.imgur.com/YDfXysk.jpg

I will continue watching and break these things down, but I just want to get a headstart

Edit 1: At 1:55 in the video, I shot the last traitor because they were GBA and even said it, I said they were probably GBA and other players agreed, so I shot them. If this was RDM I would have been slain for it. Not to mention how this whole video is proof of me and thw "ghosting" when you can see thwhodini pm rambo and say clutch it, if we were ghosting I could have just shot him instantly after I said probably, and thwhodini wouldnt have supported rambo, not to mention we always kill each other when we are traitor, as you can check any logs of any round and prove. the only thing we do is team up during fun rounds, and I also team with winchester 1873 expert as well.

Still watching the video though.

Edit 2: "prop surfing" while this is probably a grey area, using the chair to launch yourself up there may be against the rules, but I was just doing it in good fun to try it out, not like I was traitor and walking into areas I couldn't be shot, I see people all the time propsurf on community pool, assault, and other maps for fun and the mods have no problem teleporting.

still watching video, also i would like to note how it seems that coco is letting his personal feelings into the video by the way he words things.

Edit 3: 3:20 seconds into the video, "about to throw a frag" gee didn't know you could read minds and know what I was going to do, I like to destroy traitor testers on maps when I'm inno because its fun, plenty of others do it. So invalid point.

Edit 4: 3:58 into the video, the one person who went left into the bathroom just hung a body in front of me, and the first person I shot was accidental rdm like I said and I would have takena slay for that.

Still watching video

Edit 5: 4:19 into the video, nothing wrong with destroying the tester, you can do it with a frag.

Edit 6: 5:48 into the video, I ASKED IKEA if i was allowed to kill him because he took a shot at me, so thats just me using the rules to my advantage, I refer to my post a while ago about traitors taking advantage of things like this in order to shoot people.

5:50 into the video, another person shoots me, they were a valid kill as well because THEY SHOT ME.

Finished watching video and I'd like to say the back half of the footage was all when I was still VIP+ which has been expired for like a week now, so pretty old footage there. But there, I broke down the entire video.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  9. I have the same experiences as Cthuluhoop with Xproplayer's attitude. Frankly, I have the tendency to leave the server whenever I see him on.

10. Slicck

It's one thing to use a jihad to make sounds which there may not be much wrong with, it's another to follow someone around trying to tell them that you are able to kill them when they are clearly not a threat to you a few minutes later. It would have been understandable if you shot him in self defense right when he shot near you, but you did not feel threatened when you shot him minutes after the event occurred. That's what we call *Loophole trolling*

You keep mentioning that you did not break any rules, but you need to understand that you don't have to directly break any rules. What you do is that you use the ambiguity of rules and try to use them as an excuse to cause distress to a player. You attempt to play "lawyer" and explain a rule to someone, and why you were able to ruin their round because of it. While a normal player would not get in trouble for being unfortunate enough to be in a situation like that, you go out of your way to put yourself into a situation where you can ruin someone's round, and try to use a loophole in the rules to get yourself out of it.

[​IMG]

We have that rule for a reason. It's for when players like you come along and try to use loopholes in the rules to intentionally end people's rounds. Label it as "precaution" all you want, you're a loophole troll, and you know it. Everyone knows it, and there's a lot of evidence stacked against you that you will probably try to get out of by saying something along the lines of:

"Here is X rule, I didn't actually break any rules. People do X to me all the time, and I just do it because I want to protect myself. If you don't want me to do it, then you should probably add *obvious action any normal player knows not to do* in the extended rules".

That's not enough to get you out of this one, unfortunately.

11. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Personally, I would like like to testify that you are indeed a loophole troll based on my own experiences with you. You kept on arguing with me trying to find a way to get another player punished despite you shooting another player. Basically, you tried to loophole your way around the rules to get another player punished and caused more problems. The argument ended up lasting through multiple rounds despite me giving you multiple explanations as well as the MOTD references. You still refused to understand and insist that you were right when you were not. To be quite frank, I think you earned this ban and I urge the higher ups to deny this appeal.

12. TheCoCoFTW

TheCoCoFTW Veteran Member

I have no personal vendetta against you. I think of you as just another player on the server. The first time I had banned you I unbanned you out of the kindness of my heart. But we don't tolerate toxic behavior and loopholing here. I would also like to add you kept doing the alien door glitch and wouldn't stop doing it just because it wasn't in bold print that you shouldn't do it. To which @Slicck warned you if you do it again you will be banned. And you argued and argued about it constantly. But I don't have anything personally against you.

13. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

You seem to keep referring to 1 incident where I shot someone validly a few minutes after they had commited the traitorous act, I'm not sure how that matters, if someone commits a traitorous act they are kosable, just because I tried to watch the person take a shot at me or do something else does not make me all of a sudden exploiting the rules, I used the rule of traitorous acts to kill someone. End of story.

As far as the alien door glitch goes you were not a staff member at all and you were threatening to ban me, that is why I had the issue, I had to open up the shoutbox to actually confirm. thats the same as me going onto a server and seeing someone rdm and me telling them I'm going to ban them, once I saw 100% that slick said it was against the rules I PUSHED the entire higher staff to try and add it to the rules for the COMMUNITY benefit, that way other players that were new would not attempt to do it, me "pestering" you and others about that was for the better interest, not like I was poking you 50 times on teamspeak or flooding your steam chat with messages, I sent a conversation and talked about it in the shoutbox.

14. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

And as a bit of a generic respones to a lot of people confirming I am a "loophole troll" I would like to bring to the attention the only actual loophole I've ever used was dropping grenades for traitor baiting which I havent done for at least a month since I did it after I bought my vip+ and that incident was sorted. All I do in the game is take advantage of all the rules of the server, most notably is GBA, unid, and traitor baiting. Heres one thing I've seen a mod do on the server, map is ttt_lost_temple_v2, there are lets say 6 people up top, the mod, a traitor, and an afk traitor, and 3 innos. The traitor who is NOT afk shoots at the mod, the mod kills him. The moderator then killed every single player on the top of the map for GBA, which is completely valid by all rules, but when you look at the larger picture they just used the rules to kill 3 innos and a traitor, that is the sort of things you are considering me "loopholing" when they are written in the rules, the difference is how far to take said GBA, the mod could have just killed the traitor and waited for the other players, or they could have killed them all, now if I had done the scenario stated above of killing those 3 innos and the traitor, lets say all 4 report me, I respond GBA in every single report, and the reports are invalid, but next thing I know its being added towards my secret tally of "all staff vs xpro" and I get marked as a "toxic player" and a "loopholer" (seirously saying loophole that much has made me forget that its a word.)

15. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

http://www.seriousttt.com/threads/report-against-espurr.17846/
    As you can see in this report you did everything you could to make it valid. You constantly attempt to find a way around the rules or manipulate them so you can get out of punishment. Even when you were arguing with @Carned in that forum and @Cthuluhoop in this forum, you try to get others in trouble for stuff that they are allowed to do. And then one game in ttt_alien. I had the USB card and was walking with and I get a private message from you saying "that's the wrong way". I asked you to stop ghosting and you argued to make it look as if it wasn't ghosting. I feel this appeal should be Denied.

16. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I personally have not had many problems with xproplayer as long as I explain to him why he is being slain when he is. The evidence against him though is petty strong. I would also like to say that there is (or should be) an expiration on T-baiting if you do not kos or otherwise attempt to kill the person who T-baited you. If you shot near someone 1 sec into the game and then 5 min in they get bored and kill you for T-baiting 5 min ago you'd be highly upset.

17. Slicck

What would have made it a valid kill is if you killed him right at the time of him shooting near you in self defense. You are not allowed to store knowledge of someone shooting near you and then killing them later because you can, or because it's fun. You also can't store knowledge of someone walking past an unid'd body and then kill them minutes later after the body has been ID'd because they were unfortunate enough to walk past it previously.

What you don't seem to understand is that you keep putting yourself into these situations where you can use a rule to validly end someone's round, and that is what you were banned for; it's loophole trolling. Multiple people have requested this appeal be denied, but I wanted to give you extra time to possibly explain your reasoning, but you haven't said anything that would sway the outcome here.

You're not banned permanently, feel free to come back in a month. Keep in mind making another appeal is not going to help, and it's not allowed.

Appeal denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.