Would you let your kid(s) play?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by STONEY, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Gonco

Gonco white knight VIP

i want my child to have friends

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Steering away from the family tradition?

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

I would let my kid play civ and only civ to see what he does

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

Honestly if I had any kids I don't see the point in restricting their access because as I'm sure you all have done it, you are going to do what you want to do anyway. Even if it means sneaking around to do it because we are all curious people who just want to be right. It's what happens.. That being said at 8 years of age I'd rather see my kid playing a little more age appropriate games, but that isn't to say I won't let my 13 year old play this game.

However, irrespective of age I think it depends on the child and how they act. Be mature for the age of 8 and I could see it possibly happening. Personally I'd rather have my kid feel they are ready and come to me and ask if they can regardless of age. I don't want to issue roadblocks that aren't needed when I can tell and see that it is only going to be more disruptive and counter productive. That being said it is mainly reliant on establishing an open and positive relationship and of course it isn't going to be for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Azaelus

Azaelus I want to break free VIP Silver Emerald

If anything, I would introduce Assassin's Creed or Overwatch to my child before GMOD.

6. son

son VIP

Shiet, don't need any more shooters