Would you let your kid(s) play?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by STONEY, Mar 9, 2017.

1. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Let's imagine you have an 8 year old child and they are begging you to let them play online. For now let's just say they are wanting to play TTT. Knowing how some people can be, would you let your own child play while among the types of people we come across day-to-day?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Once you disable voice chat the game isn't that bad and just has a bit of blood, but I still wouldn't let a young kid like that near it.

@MangoTango @HelixSpiral I wanna see what you have to say Mr Dads :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I would make them play on vanilla and they would instantly hate it and never want to play it again and then they would instead be very productive and not play videogames all day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

To be honest, I would hope my 8 year old daughter would still be interested in other things; we are a pretty big tech-centered family, so we have plenty of games.

I could see her being more interested in it when she gets older; maybe in her teens.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

i will teach them to play cs go and scream cyka blyat
    (͡° ͜ ͡°)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

And I would be almost an exact echo of this. 8 is a little young. Early teens? Probably.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Salem

Salem VIP

A teenager I wouldn't really mind it but I already have nephews that are young and pretty much I wouldn't really want them on TTT hearing the things you typically do day-to-day so I definitely wouldn't want my own child to. But I mean when they get older it wouldn't be such a big deal.

8. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I'd let my child consume the entertainment he wants after probably about age 10. Until then, Probably going to try to make sure he doesn't play anything too crazy. TTT is something I wouldn't want him playing just because of the social parts to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

I'd wait until they're 11.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Gazzy

Gazzy they're GREAT! VIP

i would if swearing went down alot :p

11. Don't let your kids near melon or he will teach them how to murder :vamp:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

I'd wait till they are 12 to really touch steam online games. Even if we turn voice chat off, there's still text chat, doesn't help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

I wouldn't let my kid play TTT because they are too young for the shit that goes on online. I would let them play roblox or lego games.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. JtheBeast

JtheBeast VIP

Ya I wouldn't let a young child play because some of the people that play are pretty toxic and generate a very nasty environment for a young child.

15. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Considering how some people can be in online lobbies, most likely not or at least until he/she grows tough skin to deal with or roast the annoying prima donnas. There are other, better games I could let my child play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

no

we don't need any more cry babies

17. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

voice_enable 0 and good to go
    unless theres a hitler spammer in the chat

18. wagwan

wagwan VIP

I'd make them learn how to do flickshots at MiGGo.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  19. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

I let him play outside and gather friends instead of this.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

I would probably introduce him to more kid friendly games myself first, and I prob wouldnt encourage him playing mature games. I had the same experience with my brother and I noticed that most of his lovely childish innocence went away when he discovered the internet, and that sucks for a kid. That is why he would probably get some kind of console (probably portable) first because its way more controllable for a parent. You see it as a dumb thing and a joke from outside, but controlling a child is necessary and hard, and requires a LOT of patience. So no, I wouldnt let my 8 yrold play TTT, but I would let him play other appropriate games.