Would you guys want a minecraft server?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Sir Lemoncakes, Mar 8, 2014.

?

If so what kind/kinds?

1. Creative

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Survival

23 vote(s)
    69.7%
  3. Questing

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Other(please explain)

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sir Lemoncakes

Sir Lemoncakes Don't trust the other guy. The cake IS a lie. VIP

We could call it Serious MC. I'd be willing to rent out a server and see it staffed if you folks want one.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Old Old x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

So I voted for both Questing and Other. The reason I voted Questing is because I've never played on a server with questing, and It would be exciting to try something new out. As for Other, I request some sort of mod pack. My suggestion for the mod pack would be FTB (Feed the Beast). FTB adds a lot of cool additions to the game, and makes Minecraft a hell of a lot more fun. These mod packs also prolong the longevity of the game, as they provide more things for the player to do, as well as making it harder to do things; which in turn, prolongs the gameplay, and gives you more satisfaction when you complete a project.

Side note: I would not want a creative only server, frankly I wouldn't play on it if that were the case. A vanilla survival server would be preferred over a creative server, but vanilla Minecraft can get boring fast.

3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I'd love this but i think we'd have to do something like FTB or Galacticraft, just because plain minecraft is pretty boring, but i'd play regardless.

4. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

For other, I think it would be fun to see some sort of mod pack installed on the server or some other fancy feature. One of the servers I play on is a prison in which you have to work in mines to buy your way to freedom and to be able to go out into the regular minecraft world. I am not saying we should have something quite as extensive as that, but it would be fun to see something other than Vanilla minecraft. I also picked creative because my goal is to one day get the creativity needed to build a massive roller coaster of sorts out of the rails and minecart.

5. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

good because im too frustrated to do it myself. remind me to never ever ever ever start any sort of server of any kind.

6. PapaVodka

PapaVodka Big Daddy Overlord Banned

I'm horrible at MC but I would build the hell out of square houses.

7. Carned

If we do mods, i request the Hat Mod

8. Lets make it all of the above.

9. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

i did questing and other, the other would be either a mod pack like Hexxit or FTB if not a mod pack i would like to see a Buckit server with some pluggins like Chest shops and stuff like that.

looking for staff eh lemon? XD

10. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

WIll it be for cracked minecraft if it happens? (just wondering...) It would be a great reason for me to go back on playing it again

11. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

probably not, more than likely you need a real minecraft account.

12. Sir Lemoncakes

Looks like I'll either open a survival or a questing server first. If the first one does well I'll open the other. I'll allow this poll to run for one more full day and open the server that has the most votes. Also, how many people would we want the server to support?

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Old Old x 1
  13. Carned

Modded Survival or no? :D

14. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

i prefer minecraft in small groups with everyone on skype/teamspeak working together, so maybe a playercount of 20ish?

15. Sir Lemoncakes

If survival is chosen then the server will have a few enhancing mods.

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Old Old x 1
  16. urisk2

urisk2 ~Rawr~ I'm a polar bear VIP

i mean other than the obvious bukkit (i think that's the name) which makes online waaaaay better, you should probably stick with default and and stuff later.

If you want a general enhancement to MC game play look at technic. its a combination of a few other mods which allows you to do some really cool stuff.

17. gibby

gibby Well-Known Member

i want to get enhancing mod, that would be sick...
    and i am trying to fix my minecraft account, it says i need a new java update, but IT WONT LET ME DO IT

18. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

Just go to Sun's website and get the java update from there. The latest builds of Minecraft require Java 7.

19. gibby

gibby Well-Known Member

sun?

20. Linkthedinosaur

Linkthedinosaur Self Proclaimed Master of the No Scope VIP

Also make sure you get the Java for you computer (32-bit or 64-bit). For example, Google Chrome is a 32-bit browser so just hitting the "Agree and Start Download" button would be useless if you have a 64-bit computer. You'd have to go to the See all Java downloads. link down below!