Answered Would a traitor ally relaying a kos on you be considered against the rules?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Communist Rick, Dec 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Just curious - if you are kos'd already, and other traitors say to kos you in public chat, would that be considered false kos/rdm on a t mate? Or is it perfectly fine?

2. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

I've never seen an issue with it, but then again, I refrain from doing so myself. To me, it's not them actually calling a KoS, it's just them reading what's been said in chat. Also, you should definitely refrain from saying ANYTHING about it unless everyone else is yelling over voice chat "KOS *insert player name here*".

Although, knowing my luck, I'm 100% wrong with my assumption.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

I would say that would be bad. The main rule of being a T is, don't kill your T-buddies, and by extension, don't get your T-buddies killed. By relaying a KOS on your T-buddies, you're getting them killed. Also, depending on how it is worded, it could also be seen as a separate KOS from the main KOS. Much as the difference is between "Player B called a KOS on Player A" and just repeating "KOS Player A"

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Alisae

Alisae VIP Silver

I would say it very much depends on the situation.

If your T buddy got kos'd, people forgot about it but they die through you kos'ing them again, that would be a false kos and punishable.

If your T buddy got kos'd, it's obvious everyone is trying to kill them and you kos them to seem proven, it's a lame thing to do but allowed as far as I know, though I still would not do it.

Don't take my word for this though, it's just my view on it.

Edit: like @Kythol said, I would indeed refrain from doing it since there's better ways to seem proven that do not involve messing up the rounds of your T buddies.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I mean, I'd never do it, though its just something I witnessed before and was wondering about it. ( not that it directly affected me though) Anyways, ty for the responses.

6. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

I would avoid it, reason being not every time can someone else figure out "Who started" the KoS.

For example, it is often viewed in reports "Who called the KoS?" If you cannot recall and your T Buddy only happens to hear another T buddy do it, but an Inno did it, you could be pegged for the RDM as some cases the words, "I heard someone else do it" isn't a valid reply to a report made against you.

So really, it's not against the rules. but highly advised against because it can easily be misinterpreted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

It seems a bit dumb to do if you ask me since you are endangering your traitor buddy's life. Despite the fact that the traitor did not call the kos and is just reminding everyone of that fact, I would say the traitor buddy should get some kind of punishment or warning for being instrumental in his traitor buddy's death, especially if the kos was called off and the traitor knew that it was. Sounds sort of like a loophole to me to get proven if you are reminding people of the kos or rdm if you are calling out your t buddy. As always, admin discretion will be needed in scenarios in which the player is being a troll.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

As far as the situation you're describing goes, calling out your teammate simply because you wish to be proven would end up as an offense of RDM. As Alpha Wolfy said, you're playing a large part in his death, mainly as an instrument that is crucial in whether or not players online at the time remember the KoS, hear the KoS for the first time as you recall it, and other variables that would be involved. Using the attainment of being "proven" doesn't hold any value here; you're exploiting an opportunity at your teammate's expense.

Unless @Darktooth or @Disruptionz would like to give an alternate view on this, I'd go with this for now: exploiting your teammates well being at your benefit isn't allowed, which includes calling a KoS on traitor buddies.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1