World Cup

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by .shirt, Jun 18, 2018.

1. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Who else watches the World Cup , and what is your team that you are going for.

I’m for Brazil kind of disappointed from the missed call from yesterday’s match, zuber clearly pushed the defender in the back to get the header.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stitch

Stitch Forever the friendly blue alien koala VIP

I'm from Belgium and a Belgium supporter. I have been surprised with the outcomes of Argentina - Iceland, Germany - Mexico and Brasil - Switserland. So far an exciting world cup with those results and good for me since Belgium won 3-0 against Panama today.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kaggmaster

Kaggmaster I'll remember you, if you remember me. <3 VIP

My parents are both Serbian/Croatian so we're rooting for both of those teams. Both of them won (woot-woot)

but I'm also a fan of Argentina because of Messi.

Other than that, ye, I agree with stitch on the surprising outcomes like Germany losing, Brazil tying, and Argentina barely tying.

Can't wait til' the "tournament" part comes into play

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. .shirt

.shirt VIP

@Kaggmaster Brasil wouldn’t have tied if they didn’t cheat :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Germany got shitmixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Stitch

Japan win vs Colombia, Senegal win vs Poland. Very surprising. Let's see what Egypt has to give in 25 minutes, I place my bets on Egypt win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Kaggmaster

I was expecting Japan to win, but certainly not Senegal. Based on how Russia did in their first game, I have to disagree. I think Russia will beat Egypt. (They're playing right now, go watch, you hermit crabs)

8. .shirt

.shirt VIP

So much for Egypt winning, I had them winning aswell but they weren’t playing aggressively. Bad look for Mohamed Saleh. Senegal is an absolute dark horse, teams better not take them lightly. Colombia beat themselves with the intentional hand ball from the start.

9. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Yep, Mexico man handled them out the gate .

10. Old Fox

Old Fox VIP

Neutral fan here. If you ask me to support any team then probably Germany or Spain. :D
    I am in Germany by the way and people are pissed about how their team got outperformed by Mexico. They think their squad got a bit cocky (being world champ facing a supposedly mediocre). Also some people told me they don't expect the team to win again this time cause they have won one recently so their hunger for the trophy is not that strong anymore at the moment, evident by how fewer German flags are flown on top of the cars compared to 4 years ago. And many of the old talents like Lahm are not in the team anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  11. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Yea, the team wasn’t as poised as it was in the 2014 cup but there were many good looks they miss d out on. Mueller in ny opinion should have been in the striker position rather than being midfielder.

12. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

The free kick from Columbia's goal was given to the wrong team. So even with the goal scoring opportunity handed to them, Columbia still struggled to beat Japan.

Honestly, this is probably one of the worst World Cups I've ever watched. The referees are terrible, VAR isn't being used consistently, and a lot of dives are going on without repercussion. There's been way too many penalties being called for little things and penalties not being called for actual fouls.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Argentina 0-3 Croatia

rip Messi lul

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kaggmaster

OK IM DONE, SERBIA CHOKED.

kthxbai

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Stitch

Some crazy stuff today & yesterday and the day before that.
    2 days ago Croatia winning 0-3 vs Argentina.
    Then yesterday Brasil scoring 2-0 against Costa Rica in overtime.
    Today Belgium getting 5-2 vs Tunisia and Germany just won because they scored the winning goal in literally the last minute of extra time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

Dude, did you see those 2 players pull that one serbian player who was about to score?
    How was that not a penatly?

My only hope is for Serbia to win Brazil, ez ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Hahhahaha no Brasil all the way

18. Osmium

Osmium Virtue VIP Silver

America!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. .shirt

.shirt VIP

As in North America which has Mexico!