Workshop mods. (INSURGENCY Addition)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hongo, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Hongo

Hongo VIP

So, I made a forum post in Q&A thinking it'd accomplish something useful and, it didn't.

So, I'll come here! There is a workshop addon that replaces the default sounds relating to bullets. (Impacts, whizzing) to those from the game Insurgency. It in no way gives me a skill that someone else doesn't have, nor is it advantageous. It's just a sound mod that replaces the default sounds in Garry's mod into higher quality ones from a different game; Why is this considered hacking?

Literally, like, how is that even considered hacking. Vanilla sounds suck, these ones are better quality; I want to have fun when I play the game, so, bam. I don't see the issue here; are crosshair mods not allowed either? How about a mod that makes my flashlight brighter?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Hongo

Hongo VIP

I had some Voca guy telling me 'Remember that macros are allowed as long as you dont spam with them', like, how is this even on the same strata as a macro. It's adding nothing to the game that isn't already in it, it's just changing those sound files into ones from a different game. That's like saying "Hey, because those M9K guns in our server sound different from the vanilla guns, they're hacking"

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

If the sound is even 0.1 dB louder, or 0.1 degrees more directional it's a gameplay advantage.
    Crosshair mods are generally allowed within reason since they don't USUALLY give an advantage, and brighter flashlights DEFINITELY DO give an advantage on darker maps (imagine if lazertag was still a thing) or darker areas of maps so boku no use

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Hongo

Hongo VIP

+ I don't see how you could actually even enforce this rule. I asked sticky bandit if he wanted to try out a neat mod in thoughts it was friendly conversation but then he warns me for hacking, so what the fuck. I'm not even going to bother engaging in conversation with staff now beyond forums because, whats the point?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

Dumbasses like you admitting it lol.

This isn't strictly true. Some macros like bhop macros are strictly bannable.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  6. Hongo

Hongo VIP

"Dumbasses like you admitting it"

So, yeah. You've literally just supported the fact that yes; players should not engage in conversation with staff because they're just going to try actively to get you fucking banned? What the hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Hongo

Hongo VIP

I'd like everyone to know, also, that using high definition headphones is now considered hacking on Serious Gmod, since it makes it easier for you to hear things and is therefore advantageous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

OF COURSE THEY ARE LOL. IT'S THEIR JOB.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  9. Hongo

Hongo VIP

I shouldve known sticky was on some shit ever since he added me

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

>Shit talking sticky after he was lenient enough to not straight up ban you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Oh wow and now Echo is just spamming me with ratings instead of adding anything productive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. veL

veL VIP

Hongo just use the mod lol.... what, are staff going to ask to screenshare and check your steam files to see if you have it installed? Nah, use the addon, they can't stop you lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

Using the word hacking is over the top, but what echo said about unfair advantage is correct and as such is not allowed for that reason, changes that don't give unfair advantage are fine

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hongo

Hongo VIP

I mean, I removed it because they asked me to and i'm a good boy and definitely don't use drugs. But, still, fucking "No, you should be thankful that you didn't get banned for engaging in conversation with our mechanical, predatory staff"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

I never said that, I told you "Macros are allowed as long as they dont give you an ingame advantage" as you said yourself, higher quality sounds.
    Which means sounds that there is a high chance to miss in default sounds, may be louder or sound so different that you pay more attention to them. If they are louder you can hear better where a sound is coming from as an example.

Modding and Macros go under the same category when it changes something that has to do with the default gameplay.

16. Hongo

Hongo VIP

Then literally fucking good headphones are bannable. Having an upgraded PC, bannable. Micro-fiber mousepad? Bannable. See, this slew of "grey area" rules are dumb as shit to the point where you literally cannot enforce them without engaging in dishonest, spying behavior.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

LOL come on, it's not even a big deal. We're talking about in-game sounds god damnit. Talk to an admin in private if there's an issue

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Hongo

Hongo VIP

I tried and they're like "Yep, hacking", which is bollocks, so I'm bringing this one to the public eye.

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

Then let's get this over with, yeah? @Teroxa

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Hongo

Hongo VIP

@Temar No, you don't get to mark that post "dumb", because it's an application of your logic. Good headphones are without argument advantageous, so by your standards, they're bannable. It's the same shit.

• Dumb Dumb x 3