Winchester 1887

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Paradox, Jul 6, 2016.

?

Should This Be Added As A New ShotGun?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. I Wouldn't mind if it was added or if it wasn't.

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

So Instead of bumping age old threads I decided to make a new one to suggest a new shotgun! The Winchester 1887 and no, this isn't the one we have currently that one is the winchester 1878. This is a shotgun that looks amazing (IMO) And sometimes when shot can flip in your hand, Screenshots are below as well as a video. (It's damage won't be the same as in the video neither will it's fov.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sith Master

Sith Master An individual may die, but the Sith are eternal Banned Gold VIP Emerald

-1, I personally feel that we do not need anymore shotguns on the servers. There is already a broad enough selection of guns to chose from, especially with the anniversary update that just took place.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Paradox

This weapon would be for when and if highwon ever decided to add more guns (EX: Next anniversary, christmas event.) But Thanks for the feedback.

4. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

+1 I don't think we have enough shotguns to choose from.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ruby

Ruby Turn your wounds into wisdom Banned VIP Silver Emerald

+1

• Like Like x 1
  6. +1 we had this on a old server I played on, was great. extremely fun to use.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Etched

Etched That One Gay Guy VIP

-1 shotgun already take skill out of the game we dont need any more point and click guns if anything we need a shotgun removed not added.

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Shotguns have always been in CS, the game series from which most of the content this mod (TTT would be a mod within this mod, also with a ton of content directly from CS:confused:) is based off and the source for many of the guns on our server. What exactly makes TTT combat much different than CS combat? There has been a niche for a close-range raw power gun since the very beginning of these games.

9. Paradox

They are not point and click, they are as easy as every other weapon 2 shots from a ak to 2 shots from a shotgun both can kill shotguns are even slower so (Imo) they aren't point, click, kill. But I thank you for your contribution to this thread :)

(they also only one shot up close if all pellets hit chances of 1 shot from medium range is extremely low)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Gestapo

Gestapo VIP

I understand where your comming from when you see shotguns as void from skill, but you have to think of TTT not competitvly but casually. Competitivly I would agree with shotguns being "click and shoot" without any skill needed but this is a casual gamemode where it's focused upon strategizing how to engage targets. Now with that being said, if this shotgun is implemented it would need a stats evaluation. It should be valuable in close range but not long.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Etched

Etched That One Gay Guy VIP

An AK or any other rifle shoots a single bullet that you have to aim to land accurately. The shotguns have a spread so large you point in the general direction of a player and shoot and you will cause damage, not to mention the spread stays so tightly packed that you can practically mid-range snipe with a shotgun.

12. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

I am terrible with a shotgun. you either have to land a close (5 feet away) headshot, or hit a strafing player consistently, something i cant do. the only reason i use the AK is because of it's rapid fire, so i can spray and pray my targets.

You only get about 3 chances to hit someone with the shotgun before youre dead.

13. Valedict

Valedict VIP

I think that the animation on the gun looks kind of awkward or clunky and that the flip is unnecessary, but adding more varieties of shotguns to use on these servers would be a nice addition, so +1 for me.

Also in terms of shotgun and automatic weapons, the thing with the shotgun is that it lacks firing speed, therefore making its DPS lower than automatic weapons, but in turn it has much higher base damage to body parts so with automatic weapons you get high reward for being accurate and controlling recoil whereas with shogun you have to make most of your shots count.
    Also if you have a shotgun I doubt most people would try to engage on an enemy at mid-long range against say an AK or Scar.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. The shotgun is supposed to be a 2 shot, something that is easy to kill since it has a low fire rate so if you hit all your bullets, your guaranteed to not die, the point of this shotgun is its faster, with less damage (ive used it before, though it may not be the same model)
    if a T walks up to me with a shotgun and shoots me at close range, im gonna kill him as long as im looking at him because the M4A4 and AK even the HK would mow them down. the only way a shotgun can kill you is at a farther range, and to far away the pellets arent gonna hit, as long as you have good accuracy I feel a shotgun isnt that good. the DB is a problem within its self because its a one shot, but if your even off a bit with it, you could screw yourself. this being said shotguns are still good weapons, but on this server the more skill you have the worst the shotgun becomes.

15. Zye

Zye VIP

-1 already enough confusing weapons

ezgif.com-resize (4).gif
    ezgif.com-resize (5).gif

16. gunerz.117

gunerz.117 Spartans never die. VIP

-1, I feel there is a plethora of weapons to choose from and from that video it looks way too overpowered and looks very similar to the other Winchester.

17. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Why do people say we have enough weapons? More is good +1

18. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

+1/10/10

19. Zye

Zye VIP

More is not good. First off, most of these map that we have (I'd like to consider myself one in the community now) do not have many weapon spawns, usually only for the vanilla ones. Therefore you take what you get, not what you want. I'd also point out there's also no ammo on these maps or at least for everyone. If the owner could somehow manage these maps to drop every single weapon a couple times aswell as getting the ammo for them then maybe more is better. I do not like half these weapons and they are ineffective to me playing as a Traitor or any role for that matter. 'Play on vanilla' is what some might want to say to me, but on the other servers there are at least moderators on. So no, more is not good

ezgif.com-resize (4).gif
    ezgif.com-resize (5).gif

20. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

There is plenty of m9k weapon spawns on maps because they use the "random weapon" drop for arming maps, there really aren't that many maps without weapons only the cs ones tbh plus you can buy a gun for like 12 points.

• Agree Agree x 1