Why the hell is asking if someone is KOS'd the same as a KOS- A discussion

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Juice Juice™, May 18, 2020.

?

Am I right or am I wrong?

1. Absolutely correct

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. Absolutely incorrect

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Mostly incorrect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mostly correct

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

What was the event that made asking if someone is KOS the same as a KOS? And yes, I do understand it's technically different, but let's face it: It's the exact same thing now.
    And why does text chat not count?

Now why would I ask these two questions?

Because first, yes. It is absolutely ridiculous that somebody mistakes a text chat. It would require someone very young, very incompetent, or who wasn't paying the necessary attention required to follow a phrase, and who should be slain for doing so. How the fuck does that change for voice chat?

Now, let me regale you veterans of the time that one of the staff members shot someone in the hallway, that person got the drop on them by spinning around and headshotting them, and then the staff member got so fucking butthurt that they made a ruling where you could LITERALLY be standing so close to someone's back that their shotgun clipped through the front of their camera, shoot them, have that person spin around and shoot you back, and they'd be slain. Because 'They didn't see the shooting'.

TTT is a game with three key components:
    Gunplay- Best shot wins the duel. The best tactics win the round.
    An understanding of the rules- You only shoot when you should
    And Teamwork- You communicate, or you lose. We all have our moments of 12+ kills as a T, but generally, you rely on your side not fucking up or fucking you up to make sure the other side ends up dead.

This rule defies all of that. First off, it's just so unintuitive. Unless you read the extended rules and are intimately familiar with them, the only way you're going to know this is a thing is if you or someone you're paying attention to gets slain by it. That's bullshit.
    More than that, when you are actively discouraging people from communicating with one another. It is a perfectly valid question to ask, and a normal part of communication.
    "Was Bad Santa KOS?"
    "I didn't hear that, did you KOS Bad Santa or did you KOS Bad Adult?"
    "You said KOS Bad. Is that a KOS on Bad Santa or Bad Adult?"
    "Oh, yeah, Bad Adult KOS'd Bad Santa last round, that's why I killed them"
    "NO! Don't KOS Bad Santa, that was pre-round!"
    "Who KOS'd Bad Santa, he is proven!"
    "No, Don't KOS Bad Santa, he killed a T"
    EDIT: "I didn't KOS Bad Santa, I KOS'd Bad Adult"
    And I can easily keep going.
    That's part of a conversation. It's t he kind of chatter you want on mics when people are communicating. It's not their fault if someone makes a mistake, it's the fault of the person making a mistake.
    You make a mistake on who shot you and shoot the wrong person back? You are slain
    You make a mistake on if that colt skin which is identical to the malfunction pistol at low res or a distance? You are slain.
    You make a mistake on if a sniper shooting at a target across the map, where half a centimeter of barrel movement means they are aiming for someone's head or a wall a barnyard away?
    You are slain.
    You call an actual KOS on someone who has not performed a traitorous act?
    You are slain.
    Any time a person makes a mistake that leads to the death of an innocent, they are the ones responsible. They are the ones that are slain. Except, for some reason, here. Where casual dialogue can mean someone gets fucked out of nowhere by a mod's report.

Worse than all this though is the fact it can be solved by cracking down on trolls trying to use that verbiage to fuck with people. Instead you've turned it into an infinite worse problem where not only will trolls get to fuck with the person who asked an innocent question, but also the person the question was asked about. You've not only made it easier for trolls to mess things up, you've double the body count. Even from the standpoint of the issue it's trying to resolve, it not only does a bad job of it, it makes the situation even worse. It is perfectly valid to ask 'Is X KOSd' before shooting them, and you are actively encouraging a more toxic shoot-first style of gameplay that would almost certainly result in more RDM.

What incident happened, report did a staff fuck up, or what did a staff do to get reported, that they were too salty to admit wrongdoing with? Because I don't believe this happened organically. How the fuck did a rule that goes against literally every aspect of not only TTT, but SGM as a whole, become a thing?

Look ma, I'm ranting again. But I'm pretty sure most people can agree: This rule is taking a massive sledgehammer to a tiny-ass nail of an issue, and crushing everything around it. Anyone, please, explain how I'm even a little bit wrong. Cuz the fact this is being enforced is actually retarded.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

I just realized that your Bad Santa xD. Honestly this is a good suggestion because i see this more as a question than a kos. 'Is bad kosed,' that seems more like a question and should fall under toxic gameplay for the killer. +1 from me

• Like Like x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I agree with everything said here.

EDIT: Confusion or not for any parties involved, it should never fall on the person asking a question. Allowing this stuff to be considered a KOS does nothing but fuel the trolls. If this is going to be considered toxic gameplay if done excessively, why not just nip it all in the bud and not allow it as a KOS? Selective hearing or not, it should always fall the player that misheard the question as the one who gets slain, not the other way around. If a player clearly says "Why is there a kos on Elvis" Then the person who kills me should get slain, not the person that asked that. Just because "This is because in the game of TTT often times people have selective hearing" Does not mean anything. It is the player who killed me's fault for deciding then to have selective hearing.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

Yea that report was retarded

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

+1. Everything I could say has been said lol. Toxic gameplayers and trolls alike will keep abusing this rule to rdm until it's changed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

As staff, you should only be giving out punishment when it is necessary. If you are human and can make a human's interpretation of the situation, you'd know that you either slay the guy that followed the "KOS" or, if you make the robot's interpretation you'd at least forgive the "KOSer", huge quotes on those.

Slaying for asking a question about someone that may or may not have a KOS on them is stupid on so many levels, you gotta ask if you really are a human being because it's something a machine would do if you'd give slaying power, proper rule training and the directives. It's not a matter of 0 or 1, there's many things in between that in this game.

EDIT: Elvis I don't know why you rated this dumb, I'm literally agreeing with the post and you also did.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

After considerable thought, and talking to others, I have come to the conclusion that the standard I follow is heavily contested and in fact of minority opinion.

I always to my best to act only in the best interest of our community. With these things in mind, I will be discontinuing this ideology, and seeing to it that any other staff that have been trained this way stop handling it as such.

We will be doubling down on the rule that KOSes must be explicit, misheard or not. In these situations, the person who confuses the question or statement for a KOS will be the person who is slain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

We did it boys!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1