Why is calling out detectives still KOS-able?

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Penny, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Penny

Penny VIP

No one says it seriously, but every toxic asshat on the server will jump the gun to kill the person who calls out the detective, knowing that they're inno. It just adds a layer of stupidity and the fact that the rule has been here this long is a little ridiculous.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Because then we get to ban the player for toxic gameplay ☺️

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

They arn't always inno, I've killed plenty of traitors for it
    also some people have the habit of kosing the person they are shooting even detectives

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Penny

Penny VIP

But who is ever, ever going to follow on a KOS on a detective?

5. Penius

Penius Aye man, you're shaking it all wrong VIP Bronze

New new players who think it’s ok or just people who are like “name called kos on you” because that’s how they are

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Ive personally never found this rule great either.

97% of the servers will press tab the moment the round starts to see who is det, as well as press tab whenever someone is kosed to mark them.

1% will not press tab, but will notice they are a det whenever they go to shoot

1% will kill the personthat called it

1% will actually kill the det.

This rule makes as much sense as you cant kill the det if they kos you imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. Penny

Penny VIP

Yeah but they're just as likely to light everyone up anyways, the fact is they'd do this whether the rule was there or not.

8. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

How is that a justification for the rule, though? Since when are there rules that are only there to protect new players who will play the game wrong?

Anyway, the real reason and the only justification I've ever heard that makes sense is that people use their binds to KOS people who are shooting at them. Traitors do this all the time too, of course. When a Detective shoots at the Traitor, it's very likely that the Traitor is, as a reflex, going to KOS the detective.

I get that rule. However, when someone does this in voice chat, you can still kill them for it, and it can't possibly happen as a reflex. So that's where the rule kinda falls apart.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

The rule made sense before detectives had their own skin because it was really easy to miss the fact that they were a detective. Kinda impractical now but :shrug:

There's no reason to kos a detective in the first place, idk what you expect

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  10. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

What stupid innocent would call a KOS on a detective?

It causes confusion. People call out people as soon as they shoot at them. Calling out detectives is the toxic gameplay as you're not playing the game as it is intended.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Penny

Penny VIP

Because sometimes it's funny? In the same kind of half joke that is when they call themselves rare blue traitors? It isn't toxic gameplay, the toxic part comes from people killing innocents because of it and causing mass inno kills inno sprees.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. DocFox

Maybe they kill innocents that call it because they think it's funny.

And when you get to the root cause of that RDM chain, it's not the person that acted on the KOS; it's the person that called it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Penny

Penny VIP

So you don't see the difference between something that's just contained in chat vs bleeding into actual gameplay?

14. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

bro i love killing people for kosing detectives

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

For us players that kill for the tiniest things it’s a great rule :)

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  16. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I know I am kind of late on this, but would it make more sense to say that calling out detectives is toxic game play rather than a traitorous act? It doesn't seem to serve much game play sense to be able to kill someone for kosing a detective as the detective is proven and nobody is realistically going to follow that kos (as it would be RDM if you did). I just want to hear some feedback on that, as this is a rather good suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

imo its not toxic bc the ttt_radio thing is hella buggy and it can call out ppl who ur not looking at so you might just accidentally kos the det without noticing and then you just die

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

I think the main situation regarding kos'ing detectives is as Temar describe. People have a habit of calling players out as a traitor either when they are attacked or when they are attacking a player. It's not the concept of a player will follow the kos and then kill a detective, it's the the idea that the person must of been in an altercation with the detective to warrant them calling that kos. The only other plausible reason that comes to mind is to cause confusion for the innocents.

I don't feel that its one or the other in terms of being a traitorous act or toxic gameplay. I believe it is a traitorous act for the reasons mentioned above. I believe this falls under toxic gameplay if this is continuous behavior with the intent of effecting other users karma or causing a chain of death etc.

19. DocFox

Why not both? Treat it how you should treat self KOS. While it's allowed to be followed, continual calling is toxic and you can be punished for it.

20. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

What you guys making trouble of, just kill the D next time and see the kos'er get slain :cigar: mission succes

• Winner Winner x 2