Why does Vanilla have to be Minecraft Only?

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by D2 The Magnificent, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Can we have a vanilla server with basic maps like the CS pack or TC224's Magma etc?
    Just seems like we've got two Minecraft only vanilla servers, I for one would enjoy playing vanilla on the old maps everyone used to play when we all started playing TTT..

Or even have a Minecraft onluy server that isn't vanilla...

Pls?

2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Yeah. Minecraft sucks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Go suggest maps that don't require CS S and see if they get enough support to be added...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

THE REAL REASON IS THAT MINECRAFT MAPS DO NOT REQUIRE TEXTURES, UNLIKE THE MAPS YOU MENTIONED. THIS WOULD INCREASE THE DOWNLOAD TIMES FOR ALL PLAYERS

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  5. Minecraft maps do need textures, how else do they get the Minecraft textures then :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Pacifist

Minecraft maps actually do require textures though. However, they come with the map as opposed to CS which you have to get yourself. However, Gmod is already mounted with Half life 2, and vanilla maps could utilize these textures or simply do what the minecraft map makers do and force the textures on the player. Either way, the result is the same. Download times would be unaffected.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

they're built in LOL smh..

this dude always makin shit up about source based games wtf

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Both of you failed to get the sarcasm (y)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pacifist

I technically was typing mine up as you sent yours. You just sniped me :mad:

• Old Old x 3
  10. Thanks for the sarcasm haha, but yeah just because a server is vanilla doesn't mean it can't have maps like Cs_assualt or ttt_magma_v2.. And to be fair with the amount of donations this community gets I'm sure we could afford hosting it