Why did you become staff?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Indy226, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Thread title, also what was it like after resigning ( if u have )

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

to staff the servers
    i never resigned :D
    it was like I was no longer staff

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Rico

Rico The Coolest Person! VIP Bronze

Staff gives me infinite mic battery. :)

• Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  4. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Because I'm a power hungry madman who gets his jollies off by flexing my power in front of people I don't know.

• Agree x 8
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. Tfw funny haha joke applies to other people on the moderation team

:nerd:

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

I was invited to apply to be a Mod and I gladly accepted. Had to resign though cause I had to leave for BCT
    Edit: RIP @Pomegranate

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

to deal with people like you

• Funny x 5
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Well at least, the current administration (except for me) havent had a finger in your past toxicity bans, so why not see that as a positive side of your views? with some of the previous administration you would probably have been a goner again for another 12 weeks.

Back on topic tho. Ever since I joined in 2016, I have always tried to be of help to the staff and the community, I was reporting rulebreaks left and right, some may have seen me as annoying, others thought of me as a Backseatmoderator. And then there was the people that I would get along with, play with and encourage me to apply.
    In the end it took me 3 years to actually apply after countless former staff telling me I should.

I played Gmod for many years, I think since 2011 maybe 10. And I staffed at every community I was with for a total of 5 years, SGM was like a place I could quiet down, but my old habits of staffing and wanting to help around didnt die down for those 3 years I didnt staff for.

So I applied mid 2019, so I could be of more help. Later this year will mark the day of staffing for 2 years.
    I may be very optimistic when I say this, but staffing for 2 years, you see a lot of people come and go, its sad when people you have become aquainted with leave. But its even better, to help out your new Aquaintences.

Everyone are free to any opinions on me, good or bad, but at the end of the day, Im here to help, where I can and when I can.

• Winner x 4
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
  10. Shadow™

Shadow™ What it do Shortyyyy™ VIP

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. wubby

wubby balls Administrator VIP Bronze

simp

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Big dick energy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. 8BitF0x

8BitF0x a pixelated fox that loves rdm VIP

became staff to befriend the staff team cause they cool, resigned twice due to me getting bored of gmod.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

I mean it's a community that I really enjoy being a part of and I thought "why not be staff" It's been a fun experience every time I do it, I've just had to step down each time due to some dumb personal shit that I'd been dealing with*

*Except for my tenure in 2015 where I was just a power hungry shithead teenager

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

It's fun, let's me get to know the staff team better (they're all nice people), doing reports gives the game more depth and things to do, helps keep servers in control and ensure everyone is having fun, plus i can a̶b̶u̶s̶e̶ have fun with people in more ways. Makes the game more meaningful

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Oh no my ban history has been exposed to the entire community how humiliating, wah wah.
    I never said I don't have a positive viewpoint, I am quite fond of many of the past and present mods. However certain behaviors and actions are just downright dumb. While yes, some previous mods were shit, and did indeed ban me despite doing nothing to others, many now are better.

One thing that I find rather interesting is how mods can pull the toxicity card, but then those such as yourself respond in a rather rude fashion. Seems a bit toxic and hypocritical to me, but thanks for proving my point. :)

• Confusing Confusing x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Ahalan

Ahalan Costa este, mejor costa. VIP

The first time I applied, it was because I was very new to Gmod, and this server was the first one I found I liked enough to come back repeatedly. After around 5 months I decided I had enough experience to try and become staff.

The second time was because after resigning, it became a little boring playing the game and nothing else. I found myself trying to use commands, sending msgs in adminchat forgetting I couldn't see any responses, stuff like that. It felt like I wasn't part of the community anymore despite playing the same amount, it was a lot less interaction.

On a sidenote, I can say the most eye-opening part was the amount of reports that can come in a single map. Most players only have the reference of how much they make reports, or get reported. You don't really think about the reports you can't see, which makes it easy to complain when a report takes a few rounds to close, or it takes a little time to gag/mute, etc. It'd be nice if players could stop and consider that, especially when servers are packed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

for me in the beginning, being a young and naïve boy, it was half for the position within the community; ie wanting to be liked and recognized, and the other half was to handle shit myself, i thought a lot of mods/staff were slow at attending to the needs of the server like gagging people, telling people not to be dicks, handling rdm reports faster, yknow the usual

applying later was mainly to get the staff team forums back and see what drama had been stirring up and hanging out with all the homies that were also staff at the time and being goons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Logan.

Logan. Greatest admin alive ever VIP Silver

For me personally, I really enjoy this community and I try my best to have good interactions with as many people as I can. Which made me want to apply for staff and while making good interactions also being able to keep them having fun while I took care of the people mic spamming/ hacking and in general causing a ruckus on the severs. I also try mixing my trollish personality with my staffing hoping to cause some laughs from the player base making them want to come back. In general, I like seeing people happy and being able to maintain a peaceful server while also letting everyone yell and scream and enjoy themselves after a long day of the real world is my ultimate goal. I cannot make everyone happy as there are members of the community that dont like me but in the end one can only try. and that is the reason I became staff :)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Dumb and retarded basically
    Edit: young and dumb is what I meant but I'm just proving that I'm dumb and retarded sooooooooo

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1