Why can't reports be made without a moderator online?

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Penny, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Penny

Penny VIP

It'd be easier than having to type up a forum reports if they were just stored somewhere, you'd instantly have both sides of the report, and it would tell you exactly when it happened.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. DanTheEnigma

DanTheEnigma Member

Because as soon as the mod gets online, they're going to be flooded with like 30-40 reports, some of which are probably false. And by the time they get around to them, some of the offenders will have left the server already.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Penny

Penny VIP

Allow the reports to be read out of game, and have less priority than live-game reports. Or it could be a separate area int he report collection. I imagine false reports would be handled with a heavy hand, as they are now.

4. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Unless something has been changed, reports can be filed with a staff member online or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

A report can be filed if the popup comes up at the time you die, but if you type !report while there are no staff, it will tell you there are no admins on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Cee

Cee Dobar dan! Supporter

Like @DanTheEnigma said, there are just way to many when we join the server to combine it with the past report as well.

As sad as this may sounds, let us take a look at vanilla. Let's say no staff has been on all day. Now, the map doesn't change for 10 rounds. Each round gets on average 4 RDM reports. 4*10 = 40. 40*x = y. X is the number of map cycles in any given day and y would be the number of reports required to be investigated and most would require some sort of action like banning without staff online.

The reports filed on the forums are the ones the people feel are really wronged, or are reports serious enough that they should be separated from the in-game report system.

I am sorry if I am the one to say this but there is no possible way we can get to EVERY report made with no staff on unless it is posted on the forum.

7. PwnerOfThePeanut

PwnerOfThePeanut Serious Member

It is not that hard to type " Ttt_print_damagelog" in the console then post a report on the forums, also, you can ask in the shoutbox for a staff member to come online to the server. Also, reports can be made when you die, but if you type !report , it will just tell you " No admins online!"

8. Penny

Penny VIP

How can you make it if it won't pop up?

9. DanTheEnigma

DanTheEnigma Member

Forums ------> Report Staff/Player -----> ??? -------> Profit. YOU EVEN MADE ONE YOURSELF!

It's not that hard to put in just a tiny bit of effort.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Cee

Cee Dobar dan! Supporter

I am going to be toying around.

Enjoy this sneak peek.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

Good luck on the project :D

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. Penny

Penny VIP

Jesus settle down, the way it was phrased I assumed he meant in game.

• Creative Creative x 1