Answered Why aren't discussions about reports allowed in SB?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Cash, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

There's absolutely no rule against discussions about reports and shoutbox is known for discussions, yet everytime someone points out a flaw in the report, staff tries to shut them down instantly regardless of whether their point is valid or not

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Its not that they arent allowed, its just they tend to go completely off topic really quickly and end up in a flame war. Thats why they are typically shut down before they can escalate to that point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

They are not strictly against the rules, which is why at times they're allowed, and other times, they are not. However, reports also often have the tendency to get thrown around prematurely before a verdict is even settled with large conclusions go either way- when it hasn't even been handled yet or any verdict has been given. So, a staff member may ask you to drop the discussion if they feel it is necessary at the time.

While discussing reports in general is of course not against the rules, ignoring a staff member's instructions is, and may result in a warning point being issued if that warning is ignored.

4. Cash

I wasn't asking "oh man why do people get warned for it" what's the point of having public reports if anyone discussing them gets told to stop

5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I already addressed this question in the first half of my answer. Elvis contributed a bit as well.

If you have an issue with a report, or how it’s handled you’re more than welcome to contact their superior to discuss it with them if the discussion is indeed stopped in shoutbox at the time, like some reports are.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Cash

What you're saying is nobody is allowed to discuss their own opinion on how a report is handled? Even though there have been plenty of times where discussions about reports that have been finished still get shut down in SB when the discussion is civil

7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Nope, not at all. What I’m saying is that there are venues we may require you to go to express that opinion and that the discussion may be moderated.

8. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

There have been reports in the past where I didnt feel like the verdict is right, what I did, wasnt to take it to the shoutbox, I took it to Q&A to talk about the report, which was perfectly fine, another thing you could do, would be just to start a thread in general discussions to discuss a report ^^

I mean what point is there to discuss it in shoutbox, where half of the previous messages dissapear in no time and other topics are being spoken of at the same time, Its way easier to follow up on what have been previously said in a thread discussion o.o

• Like Like x 1