Why are you Single?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Chastity4lyfe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

I don't see the need to have one to be honest. Haven't had one for the 20 years of my life and I've been doing fine.

2. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Ayyy lmao got a gf

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Ayyyy lmao, technically got invited on a date by the girl I liked and didn't have the courage to ask.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

so youre a failure?

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

I get put in the friends zone way too often, what should I do

6. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

try viewing/treating your friends, who are girls, as actual friends instead of things that need to be attracted to you like some sort of obligation. something might change

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Zypther

No. I left out story because I'm not gonna screenied or pastebin the whole text chats we have together. I didn't have the courage to do my overall goal, I told her I liked her a lot, and I guess it got me tune date.

Also, you've been trying too cause shit with me, stop, cause you're failing at it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Zombina

Zombina VIP

If that's a serious question, that's the reason, lol. There is not and never has been a friend zone,
    [​IMG]

If they aren't into you lavishing all your attention on them in the hopes they will give you a pity date won't make them want to be with you. If you choose to keep being friends with someone in the hope they will finally "see you for who you are" and fall for you, that's not being a good friend. Be up front about what you want. Be up front about your feelings. If you want to still be their friend even if they don't want to date you, that's OK, but you could end up hurt if your feelings remain too strong, and the other person might feel like you were only there for them because you wanted in their pants. This will make them hate you.

TL;DR: Friend zone doesn't exist they just don't like you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rozboon

Technically it does exist because if they just want to be friends and not date that's the "friend zone" even had a friend of mine straight up say that she had a close friend who is friend zoned. There is also the cases of being friends and maybe something more happening, can be friends and still have future potential or just friends with none (again, second one is the friend zone)

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  10. Rozboon

What shit have I tried to cause with you? It was a joke, take your underwear out of your ass.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Zypther

Funny enough that you said that.

12. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

Oh boy.

The friend zone exists purely as a relationship excuse.

Either the one rejected uses it as some social construct to 'justify' their denial by demonizing the rejecting because they just didn't wanna be with them.

Or, it's used by the rejector as an excuse to deny someone if they don't have the courage to give them a true reason.

The friend zone is literally nothing but an excuse either way. Either they like you, or they don't. To say you got put in the friend zone just makes you sound like a sore loser in my opinion.

It's not even a rung on the relationship ladder. It's not like you go 'Acquantiance, Friend Zone, FWB, Relationship, Married.'

It's more like "I don't like you, I like you." That's it.

If you use the friend zone excuse, you sound more whiny than relatable.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rozboon

True, but the fact is that it exists, whether its an excuse or just to classify a friend as nothing more than just a friend.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  14. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

Honestly? I rarely see Friend Zone in use for actual friends per se. Most of the time, I see guys trying to act nice to girls then getting VERY pissy whenever they don't get a relationship out of it.

(Not saying this is how it all goes. Hold your dislikes.)

It's gone to the point I don't think anyone considers it anymore as a simple means of denying someone out of a desire to not take a friendship further. That does exist, but I don't think it's a 'zone' it's just trying to lighten the blow of being turned down because someone doesn't romantically like you.

Apologies for getting triggered there.

[​IMG]

See, whenever I see the 'Friend Zone' I immediately think of total scumbags who only did nice things to people for the sake of trying to get into a relationship with them, then being pissy when they don't get their way. Either short term, or long term.

And if I saw someone doing nice things for me, I'd hope it's out of the goodness of their own heart, but that's rarely the case. It actually makes me REALLY mad. Like, oooh. I wanna just log into tumblr and tell someone to check their privilege.

Jokes aside, I apologize if I was rude in my earlier comment. I suppose the friend Zone does exist in a sense, but only exists as much as much as other social relationship constructs do. But I'm gonna stop here before I go on a ranting spree. Because I can't help but notice this ISN'T tumblr.

(Alright. I'm done. If you still think I'm an idiot, you may dislike now.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

because I cant stop making Harambe sculptures out of bananas

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

I've never really liked the term "Friend zone" for that reason, because the term is never referenced as an indicator of actual friendship. You never see someone you believe to be cool and go "Man, I'd really like to reach the friend zone with them."

I really need to be friend zoned by Hingle.

Also I guess I technically don't belong in this thread now either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I mean I like this girl, and when I told her that I liked her, she said she likes me in a very good friend kind of way.

now I got sad and cried and shit sure, but in the end I came to my senses and put two and two together.. If I liked that girl, and I wanted a relationship, but she doesn't, what's so wrong about friends? I mean we can still hang out, it just really won't be sexual, and as committed. How is that a bad thing? You get a cute, awesome funny girl as your friend. And not only that, this person actually enjoys spending time with you, and is ACTUALLY your friend. So you know what, I am happy we are friends, and I am happy we are "together"

Teen relationships are over-rated. I know we all want this fairy-tale story where you meet someone as a kid and they are the one you end up with for life. Yeah right. As fun as they are, now and then, sure, but they're not something you NEED. Like I tell myself "I need a girlfriend" then the smart side of me says "wtf is a girlfriend going to do to you?" if you only have 5 friends as it is, how is a girlfriend going to help? especially if the only one available would be long distance due to where you live. and that's the truth. It's not going to help you live or anything. It's not like you're going to live together. Sure you could have a sweet thing to kiss up on, but to anyone who has been in a relationship, I'm pretty sure there's stuff you'd rather tell your best friend over your girlfriend, right? Like you could be afraid how they're going to react. So really a best friend would be the best to vent out on.

When you are older relationships make sense. You can do things together, maybe get more sexual. Take vacations together. Fucking live together. I mean shit there's tons of things. And then eventually if it is the right one, you can marry them. It's simple.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Gazzy

Gazzy they're GREAT! VIP

I'm single because I'm a lazy ass sits on my pc all day lol need gaming gf

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  19. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

hmu bb, i got the waifu list

(also im single because catgirls dont exist :cry:)

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Old x 1
  20. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

I'm... I'm not single.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Old x 1