Answered Why are workshop mods considered hacking?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Hongo, Mar 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hongo

Hongo VIP

So, I had this workshop mod that changes the sound of bullet impacts or whizzes to the ones from Insurgency, and sticky bandit said I have to uninstall it because it's considered hacking.

Like, ok. First off, all I had to do was type in 'Bullet crack sound' into workshop and, there. Easy pz, anyone can do it, css not required, anyone can have it.

Secondly, it just changes base sounds. GMOD already has bullet whizzing and shit, why does replacing shitty default sounds with better, higher quality sounds from other games constitute a warning for hacking??? The fuck
    -
    From the extended rules, "...addons that give a significant unfair advantage to gameplay"

These are sound mods, guys. The ones I shared with Sticky Bandit (mistake, don't share fun stuff with mods or they'll try to ban you) They just replace base sounds from the game into ones from different games. There ARE mods that have better directional sounds, but I think those don't work in multiplayer, I can't say for sure since I've never used em.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  2. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

If you have anything that gives any kind of unfair advantage over some other player, that is just playing with the default things, it is not allowed.
    It doesn't matter if it's accessible for everyone or not.

3. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

Sadly my knowledge wasn't up to date.

Player can indeed use workshop mods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.