Answered Why are People allowed to AFK-Script

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Juice Juice™, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Related suggestion here, but I would like to know why people are allowed to use the console command to walk in place, thus avoiding the auto-spectate mode

I would especially like to know why you can't kill them in overtime, even though they are very clearly AFK, and what makes it an exception to the rule that bars all usage of scripts to help navigate (like b-hop scripts) or changes aim.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Okay 1 players can just be fspeced by staff.

2 it’s not a script that gives you any tactile advantage like a bhop script or “aim” would give you. Stop nit picking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

Console commands aren't scripts. I use console commands to bhop, propkill, and 180/360 spin. If console commands count as scripts, I should be hacking banned. If a staff member is on they will simply manually move the AFK player, if not just request a staff member and be patient. You'd have to ask a higher-up person to answer why you can't kill them in overtime because I can't answer that famoli.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I'm curious what console commands let you do the things you mentioned

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ata47

Ata47 Mars Rover Banned VIP

Hello @TomCat™,

I'll just respond like @Snowflake❄️ did in the old thread. If a player is AFK somewhere in the map we will move him to spectator at some point. I usually ask them 1 - 2 times and if they dont respond, I force them to join spectator.
    If a player is using console commands in order to not get moved to spectator automatically, staff members will just contact them and move them if they dont respond. I'll also contact an Admin for the "killing AFK players" when they're using those commands.

Take care.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Ata47

Some Admin+ responded and the final "conclusion" for now is, that you cant be 100% sure wether they are actually AFK with those console commands or just actually moving so I'll just set this thread to "Awnsered".

Take care

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  7. Juice Juice™

It's... Not though... Answered, I mean

8. Ata47

Well it is, @TomCat™. The Administration is looking into this case and your question "Why are people allowed to AFK-Script" is awnsered. You can't proof the script right now and that's why you cant kill them on overtime. If you spot a AFK player using those commands just contact a staff member and they will handle it.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  9. Juice Juice™

You answered one part of my question, but no, there are three parts to it. So lets wait until the admins determine the other two parts and, after they have, post those answers, and THEN mark this as complete.

Edit: Also, if you're going to respond and make your own posts as viewable, have some courtesy and make mine viewable as well
    Further Edit: Also also, you say that like staff don't have better things to do 90% of the time while staffing then to come on and kick a scripting player.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  10. Ata47

You can't kill them for those scripts because you can't proof that they're actually AFK and it doesnt count as a script because it's not. You can simply recreate it by using the console and everything that is possible by using the console is available to all players and not against our rules.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Juice Juice™

Still doesn't answer the title question. Also, again, if you are going to respond directly to my posts, show them. This is just rude.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Ata47

1. Why are People allowed to AFK-Script?
    Being AFK ingame is not against our rules and using Console Commands in order to not get auto-moved is also not against our rules. In both cases you can get moved to spectator from a Moderator+.
    2. Why are you not allowed to kill players using those "Commands" in order to not get moved?
    3. Why does it not count as a Script?