Answered Why Are Applications Private?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Saturnity, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

I was wondering; Why aren't applications public? Wouldn't it be better to get the opinion of the community on someone becoming staff? Kinda like the elections for president being private and only letting congress vote. Ever a plan on changing it? Your opinion/ experience with a player may be completely different than someone else.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

• To prevent the magnificent practice of circle jerking.
    • To prevent drama.
    • To prevent someone that's very personable but is actually a dumbass/asshole to be voted in.
    To name a few.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

There's a whole lot of people who might be completely against a player being staff, although that player may be capable of being a staff member. Having staff-only apps means current staff get to select based off their experience and typically they aren't biased or anything towards players

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

As far as I know, one of the reasons they are private due to application advertising rules. Second, you know that you need the staff to evaluate you. Yeah, sure, the community can provide some feedback, but it's mostly one-sided opinions. Staff, after all, are professionals with high activity, so they can give more feedback thats not just an opinion to bash one of the sides, because plenty of people may do that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

Because some people want to stay anonymous and not have everyone know their problems. For example say I applied and I did a mess up really badly like say some controversial stuff that would upset a lot of people I would want others than staff find out. It’s basically private for the sake of privacy of people who don’t want everyone knowing their problems.
    Anywho that’s my take on it

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

vvould it better have vvho's applied shovvn though? not their app, but just their name, so that if a member has just cause or impediment to believe that these people may not be happily trialled they may say it before?

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

Staff monitor the applicants closely before picking them up, and if there's something really important that we've missed when considering the trial moderator, said person can always bring it up afterwards. They can't really cause much damage as a trial, so no harm is really done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

How do admins get an impression of how a person behaves, by the way? Do they ask other staff or do they actually ask players sometimes? I remember that my admin never played on the same server as me because she lived on the other side of the world, so how did that happen?

I'm still learning English so I'm really not sure about this but is that how you use the word "impediment"??

9. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

Without revealing too much, you're constantly being evaluated. It's also about how you're acting anywhere else (most of the time at least). We can gauge what kind of person you are even without being on the same server as you (not to say that we never play with potential applicants) just based on how you behave on our other platforms, such as the discord, forums and so on. Obviously we also have other means of figuring this out, such as information from other staff.

10. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

Not really. The word inclination would fit better here.

Impediment is like, speech impediment. It hinders one's ability to speak.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1