When Life Gives You Lemons

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Lemon, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lemon

Lemon ideal male moderator VIP Silver

Hello,

As evident by my beautiful yellow color, I have resigned from my position as a moderator.

These past two months being a staff member have been some of the best months out of all my time here. It feels like this time around I truly performed the best to my abilities. Along with performing well I have never made so many friends on the staff team and in the regular community. Making so many friends will be a double edged sword for though, as there is only going to be more people that I’m going to miss.

Now, why am I resigning? One week from today I will be getting on a plane to leave to Fort Benning Georgia to start my career for the U.S. Army. After 10 weeks of BCT at Fort Benning I will then leave to Fort Gordon Georgia for AIT for 22 weeks. So in total I will be away for 32 weeks, or about seven and a half months.

With all that said, please do not worry about me. I know this is the right career path for me, I do not doubt myself nor do I have regrets about my decision. I am not getting deployed (yet) I am just going off to train. I am very excited and also a little anxious to start my life. This has been something that I have been wanting to do for years now and I finally get to live my dream.

Thank you all for being an amazing community. I have never felt so close to an online community before, this place is something special. I am excited to see how much this place will change and grow when I come back.

Again, do not worry about me, because afterall…

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 17
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rek

Rek Ø

You were always one of the favorite people to talk to.
    I'm glad we are friends on Snapchat so I can keep up with your life after SGMOD, but it is still sad to see you go!
    You'll be missed, thanks for your time here!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Good luck, don't get shot, and keep your mind intact. Always remember there is more to life than guns, bombs, and fatigues. All in all, be careful out there, we'll miss you, and #TheyAlwaysComeBack. ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

I'm glad I got to know you this time around. Good luck, and I can't wait to see you back.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. royboooooy

royboooooy It'll always snow on Mount Fuji. VIP

Very sad to hear another one of our staff leaving this community :cry:
    But I'm glad to hear that you know what you plan to do with your life! Hope to see you come back someday :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

Lemon,

I can’t believe it’s been so long since we met, and that it’s been over a year. Throughout each time I’ve spoken to you, and hung out with you, you’ve been nothing but a joy to speak with, and having you on my team was an awesome honor and I have loved each and every moment of it. You’ve exceled as a moderator, as a friend, and as an overall person, and I wish you the best with everything the army throws at you. I have no doubt you’ll succeed, let alone accomplish more.

During our times in the skype group, you were always someone who I enjoyed talking to, and I think at one point in time I made you go to burger king and get some chicken fries. For everyone that hasn’t had the blessing in their life that are chicken fries, here’s a picture of one to show you what you’re missing out on: http://static4.businessinsider.com/...utting-chicken-fries-on-the-menu-for-good.jpg. A lot went on in that group, mainly just all of our combined stupidity, but throughout it all you were nothing but a positive face, and someone who made everyone laugh and have mile-wide smiles the whole time they spoke to you. You had some dumb names on there, like Daedelus (or however you spell that abomination), too. These were the times when we first met, and although we didn’t get very close, you were a good friend and one that I loved to see every day.

Though you were active in that skype group every once in a while, you went AWOL for a little bit, only to return recently. This is where our friendship really reached the peak, I think, and when you joined the best staff team at Serious Gmod, the DreamTeam (shoutout to Zane, Alpha, and Asty). Recently we’ve done nothing but have great times, and you’ve truly made an impact on the staff team as a whole, and myself undoubtedly. You’re brilliant, you are a fantastic staff member, and I’m not quite sure how to fill the shoes that you’re leaving behind. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done on our team, and as you know, you’re always going to be welcome back, and I’ll make sure that you’ll be on my team again when you return. You performed exceptionally well this time around, and I have no doubt about you when you do return, and I can't wait for that day.

Going off to the army is brave, and we all appreciate what you’re doing for our country. Thank you for your service as a staff member here, and good luck with everything you do in the Army. You’ll do well there, just like you’ve done everywhere else you’ve set foot. I’ll miss you, man. Keep in touch, or else I’ll march to your base. I’ll be waiting for those snaps, too.

See you soon,

CDriscoll

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Getting emotional with that terminator gif. It's been nice getting to know you! And I wish you all the best with your career with the military. Be safe!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

You've always been a fantastic staff member, and an even better friend. I'll miss you and I wish you the best of luck both with your career in the army, and in the rest of your life pal, Hopefully I'll see you around when you come back and get the time, And of course, thank you for your service.

Peace, We'll miss ya.

-A

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

Great staff member and great person in general. Hope things go well for you please come back when you can.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Hingle

Hingle Slow Motion VIP Emerald

Man. I am actually sad. You were really funny, and in the short time I got to know you, I think we became pretty good friends. I wish you the best of luck, and dont forget to bend it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Fuck, I'm gonna miss you man.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Back when you resigned under Darktooth, I was the one who replaced you as his Moderator. That felt good, not because you were leaving, but rather I knew I was replacing a good Moderator. We discussed afterwards how you were happy I was the one replacing you, although I never knew if you meant this due to my questionable status at the time.

This time around, standards aren't exactly the same. Even so, the Staff Team as a whole will definitely miss your presence. You were a valuable asset to the team.

See you later for sure, Lemon.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

I'm gonna really miss you lemon. We've known each other for more than a year now and I regret not talking to you as much. I had a lot of fun laughs and I had a lot of good memories with you. Like CD stated we had a lot of fun laughs in that skype group and it was nice to see you come back as staff later on. You're a pretty cool guy and it's gonna really suck not having you around for a while. I'll make sure to post pepe memes just for you and to tell bad puns to @BmTron so that she can complain about em. Good luck with the training and make us proud Lemon. Take care and we'll be waiting for you :>

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  14. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Take care Lemon!

It's was nice getting to know more about you while we were on the same team. Good luck with the army.

#DreamTeam Forever

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Lemon, oh man, this was not something I wanted to wake up to today. Yet I knew it was coming.
    You're always such a joy to talk to in teamspeak and in game. I'm so glad I met you.
    You're such a kind person and not to mention funny.
    I hope you get the grapefruit many times in life, You deserve it man.
    Ill be waiting for you to come back and I'll miss you.
    Please take care! :3

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Beard Core

Beard Core The Great And Powerful Beard VIP

Another good mod.... sigh
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Return soon so I can make you blue.

Really sad to see you go so soon. Train up and don't mess around. Keep in touch.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Come back soon man. Good luck with your career path! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

Sad to see you go, but I'm sure you'll do great on the path that lies ahead of you. Everyone has to move on at some point. You were a great moderator here at SGM, and your training and help over my time as a trial moderator and full moderator was really important to me. I wish I got the chance to know you better, but even from our limited interactions, I can tell you're a great person to be around. Hope everything goes well with you in the Army, and that you do as well there as you did here. Until we meet again!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Anna

Anna before we fade VIP

Ahhh lemon,

As soon as you told me a week or so ago that you were resigning I have been so nervous about that and when it was going to actually occur. Now that it has I feel deeply saddened. I know we only recently became a lot closer but when someone with a loveable personality like yourself finds their way into a community you don't need to be around long to make an impact upon people and their lives (that being said you have been around for a while, however for me your time here was short). And with that said I will confess that I am so grateful that I had the chance to grow close to you across the last 2ish months. It's been an absolute pleasure.

I have had my fair share of happy memories created with you. We have had good laughs and the likes and oh my goodness am I going to miss you on TS. It is sad and so hard to say goodbye to someone who you can have a good laugh with and with someone as lovely as yourself it becomes harder still.

I know that you are leaving on a good note however. And this is the good thing. You have brought so much to the staff team and for that I, and I am sure the others, are so very grateful. There is going to be a big gaping hole with you no longer around....

Despite the fact that it is at the expense of our community, it is so nice to see that you are following your dreams and are finally able to do something that you have wanted to for quite some time. I hope training goes well for you and I hope to hear all about it! Really I wish you nothing but the absolute best for the future and with everything that you are going to do. I am excited to see where life is going to take you!

I am now going to stop before I start to like cry as I am writing this on the train.

Farewell dear lemon. You may have been soured but you left a taste in our mouths far from it. I'll be hearing from you about your adventures in 7 and a half months I am sure.
    Take care okay? We will miss you <3

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.