When did they nerf the FG-42?

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by rigby250, Aug 17, 2018.

1. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

When and why? that was a cool gun that I thought was pretty balanced. It had a high rate of fire and decent damage but a low magazine size to balance that. Now it has a slow RoF unlike the real life counter part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I think it was changed along with a lot of the other weapons for the 2017 Christmas update, see:
    [​IMG]

3. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

That doesn't really makes sense to me. but then again im more of a realistic person so I like to have my weapons be historically accurate (20 round fg-42 and high RoF)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

why the fuck do they get it right and call it a magazine at first then go back to being fucking artists and calling it a clip. god fucking dammit it grinds my gears.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Honestly I loved the gun before the change. After the change I never touched it again so it sucks they messed with it.

6. Because, as in most games, it is gotten right (or as close as can be; we can hardly call Gmod realistic) the first time, and any subsequent changes fly up their own posteriors.

7. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

It should be noted that, like with all weapons, were always open for changes. If you think anything can be done better, you need to let us know. You shouldn't wait 9 months to point out something could be improved, let alone just keep silent about it. We're not mind readers, after all.

How do you think the FG can be improved?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

ak47, sl8, jackhammer

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

All three of these were buffed in summer of SGM. Have you even tried them?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

I haven't gotten back into the game since last summer so go easy on me, but I think the FG was better how it was before. It should have a high RoF and 20 round capacity magazine like its real life counterpart, but perhaps to balance it has some decently high recoil?

11. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Mate I literally gave away 500k points and played for a ton during opsgm.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

I think proper terminology is a good start.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Irish

Irish SGMs Residential Frog-min VIP

I would like to pitch in to this conversation about it being nerfed but I never really liked it , there was just something about it I reckon I’ll stick to my M4A4

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

i agree with rigby. why was the gun initially changed?

15. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

revert it to how it was.

it had a fast fire rate and was actually useful, now it's just useless.

• Like Like x 1