Answered What's going on with the TeamSpeak server?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Bj007pro, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Bj007pro

Bj007pro Active Member

I just recently got this unfiting, badly writen server notification which says to join this TeamSpeak server in which I do because it's a server message that should be able to be trustworthy.

[​IMG]

I'm not the only one that got this message obviously but like, the server looks horrible, unclean, don't know wtf to go.

Like. Going back to the server message, it just looks like it was writen by some 14-year-old (AKA one of those shitty-made false (which you know from a mile off) adverts you see online.))

So..um.
    What's going on?
    No forum thread in news about this.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

That wasn't a message from the server.
    That was a message from a random user who was in the General channel moments before the ts went down.
    The address sent to you was one most likely not affiliated with the SGM servers.
    It would be in your best interest not to go to that server, unless instructed by the owners themselves.
    Hang tight, I'm sure ts will be up soon enough.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. Bj007pro

Bj007pro Active Member

My thoughts exactly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

This is a false message by some hackers. If we ever change teamspeak servers, it will be announced on the website. I have yet to figure out how they were able to do this so it might happen again. I would just ignore these messages. Don't connect to the IP they post as it could be a malicious server intended to do harm to your client.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

If you do ever connect to these it will usually pop up saying that there is a new update to teamspeak. Just fair warning. If you get this on our server, restart your ts without joining a server and it should alert you before you join a server.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

It happened to me today. USER=55]@Highwon[/USER]

7. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

I have banned that users IP and also the use of the name "Server". It also looks like the updates I made prevented them from being able to shutdown the TS server. But let me know if they're able to still take down the server. Thanks.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1