What's Everyone think about Tommy Robinson situation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Juice Juice™, May 27, 2018.

?

Is this...?

1. A Horrendous breech of Free-Speech

20.0%
  2. A Necessity for a fair and equal trial

10.0%
  3. Stop Bringing Up Politics!

70.0%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Timmy is a British Activist who was recently arrested for breaching the peace, after reporting outside of a courthouse on the Muslim Rape gang, and was convicted of 13 months in prison. According to all reports, all he was doing was reporting on the case, there was nothing special about the case. He has a reputation for being extremely polarizing, his detractors saying he incites racism and division.

There is also a supposed gag-order on UK press about the situation, but the only real evidence I could find of this was by Infowars, so take that how you will. Most of the articles I can find about him are written by fringe or right-wing sites (Which makes sense, given the potential for a gag-order and how Tommy is most certainly right-wing), so it's hard to be certain. Ironically, it seems Fox is one of the better places to get informed on this http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...ter-filming-outside-child-grooming-trial.html

I'm just curious what our gaming community here thinks about serious real-world politics. Mainly, should a reporter's accuracy and timing of a report have any factor in if/when they are allowed to report something? And is this at all justifiable? And is the UK devolving into something that's really just undesirable?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I don't think reporting the facts is anything to get sentenced for, bad timing or otherwise. I haven't looked in to this situation, but so long as the coverage is true, doesn't incite hate or violence, and avoids sensationalism, let it be.

*Unless the specific reason for not allowing the report to be aired in the case of a crime is to prevent the coverage from somehow impeding the investigation. Which is a very unlikely thing.

Also, in cases of terrorists, shooters, killers in general. Their names should be kept out of the media. They shouldn't receive an ounce of recognition or acknowledgement. It just might deter the ones looking to make a statement or glorify themselves in their own sick way.

3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

He’s a dickhead

Edit: to clarify he was arrested for
    A) breaching the terms of his suspended sentence
    B) attempting to report on and influence an ongoing trial which is illegal and can cause the prosecution to lose the case if the jury has been spoken to by outside sources, which almost happened the last time he pulled this stunt.

The only people in this country who like him are Brexit Middle Aged adults who are stuck in the 1960s

Aaand Freedom of speech doesn't exist here, only freedom of thought.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I don't care.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • User was warned for this post.
    well since this is a gaming community
    i don't give a fuck
    you don't give a fuck
    none of us gives a fuck

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. why warn?
    what did i do wrong

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. Juice Juice™

FREE SPEECH IS DEAD

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Juice Juice™

I found this to be absolutely fascinating, for the 2 people that actually are interested in this stuff here. Tommy is a much more reasonable person than I expected.

8. Witchking

Witchking VIP

He said that he is Jewish. Enough said.

• Dumb Dumb x 1