What sort of playstyle do you go for?

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by incognito moe, Apr 11, 2018.

1. davidues

davidues VIP Bronze

As an innocent I actively try to catch traitors, I either run towards any shooting I hear, or I follow somoene I find suspicious, or sometimes I even hide and watch someone kill the afks (Sometimes I also fake being afk)

As a Traitor, I play really aggresive, leaving corpses behind me and killing almost everyone I see wandering off, but obviously I won't just start shooting in a group of 5 innos, I usually take on single individuals or if they're in pairs I use the element of surprise. Also as some of u may know, I love using snipers, so my loadout is an AWP (Or Hksl8), a Colt, and probably an MP7 when I need to defend myself close range or I have to take on larger groups.

As a D, I play like an Innocent, I buy a Radar and get dna, that's all.

2. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Innocent: shoot randomly normally I just run around and keep my eyes and ears open

Traitor: get shot randomly normally I just run around, on modded I use knife, on vanilla harpoon

Detectives: get shot I just buy a health station and teleporter, then hide in dete room like all other detectives

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shadow™

Shadow™ What it do Shortyyyy™ VIP

Yes yes I confirm I got very mad yesterday

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

As inno I will kill you if I think your the traitor as part of a fight . I will kill you for traitorous acts altho may chose not too if I believe good possibility of inno and I'd prob die for it

As detective im more likely to act against someone who does a traitous act because in safe from other Innos

As traitor I tend to just point out the traitous act to try get others to take the risk of killing them

5. Old Fox

Old Fox VIP

I think I have spent more times developing and finessing my playstyle than most others. I often reflect on my rounds after playing or review clips to see what I can improve on. This is because I always spend crazy amount of times on stuffs that I am interested in. It also has to do with my bad aims too; I am not a good shot, can't do crazy 1-deagle or headshots consistently, so I have to make it up by developing my strategies.

1) As innocent:
    Innocent is the weakest character of all: no armor, no equipment (unless you pick up one), no initiative (more often than not the traitors have to wait for the traitors to do something to react to), nobody to trust, and no trust from others. So the thing I often do is to try and stay in semi-open space. Semi-open space can balance the benefits between being in closed space (where I can be picked off by traitors silently without anybody noticing) and open space (where I can get sniped). Camping t-room door is sometimes a good idea too if that does not leave you too vulnerable. I don't like wandering around. If I have to, I wander near the edge of the map so that I can cover the most of my surrounding.

If there is a gunfight, sometimes I can run to the area, provided that I have a suitable weapon (shotgun or AK for close quarter, Galil for longer range (Vanilla server btw) and I have an escape route.

I also try to spot suspicious people and scan my surrounding to check for followers. There are certain signs for this. For example, traitors often walk straight without looking around, since they are not concerned by the prospect of being attacked first (unless RDM/KOS). Another example is the pair situation: 2 traitors walking together don't hold guns on each other; while if there is at least 1 innocent in the pair, they will often point guns at each other. People who don't carry guns are suspicious AF too, since that shows that they don't care about self-defense. I can go on and on about suspicious behaviors, but I will save that for another post.

I also often move randomly coupled with jumping.

Depending on the situation then I have different approaches to suspects. If the suspect is alone and has a weak gun, I can try following them secretly or t-bait them.

If there are multiple suspects surrounding me, I will try to bail out.

I also try to give as much useful information as possible to others: KOSes, C4s, suspicion, danger, etc...

I try to watch for useful information like KOSes.

I try to avoid shooting proven people too by marking them as FRIEND on my tab.

2) As traitor:
    Traitor has the advantage of taking initiative (meaning that they can take the first shot), of having equipment, of having t-room as a hiding/maneuvering tool to different places in shorter time, of having traps, and to some extents having fellow traitor buddies that I can trust to teamwork (recalling that innocents often don't know who to trust besides the Detectives). In exchange for this, the traitors are outnumbered 3 to 1. This means that if I am traitor, I have to kill on average 3 innocent (but often more due to bad teammates).

That means that I have to take advantage of my strengths (as mentioned above) as well as limiting my weaknesses (outnumber+bad aim). My principle in each engagement, therefore, is to take away maximum health from the innocents while taking minimum damage and not getting called out.

So I often try to pick off unsuspecting loners then teleport out or run away. Sometimes I cannot kill somebody instantly but I still teleport away since I got spotted and the innocents have the better weapons/outnumber me.

Out-maneuvering the innocents is one of the keys to my gameplay as traitor. This means that I try to ambush and attack the innocents from different spots, run away, then repeat. This often splits the innocents out into smaller groups since they have to go inspect and create a sense of insecurity around them. Sometimes this can make them shoot each other too. Out-maneuvering is often achieved by a combination of teleporter, disguiser, radar, and map features (secret routes, shortcuts, unexpected places for sniping, traitor rooms, portals).

I almost never try to attack a group head on unless desperate.

I always try to have escape plans before initiating an attack.

I don't like spending times trying to convince others of my innocence. There are so many players in the server to convince them all that I am innocent. Therefore, I often find that I can kill more innocents if I just focus on traiting and not on convincing people to trust me. Besides, I find that lying as little as possible is more beneficial in the long term, since people that often play with me can trust my words more in latter rounds.

I sometimes like to point out the innocents' traitourous acts to get them to killed each other.

(or I can just spam C4s to get ez win).

3) As detective:
    Detective has the advantage of default armor, of having equipment, of being trusted automatically, of having DNA Scanner, and of having D room (depending on the maps). In exchange, they are the rarest players (1 out of 8 players) and are often the most targeted character.

My strategy when playing detective is mostly the same as innocents. One of the things that differ the strategy though is that Detective is automatically trusted by the innocents. This means that I can be more aggressive in my game style, killing more people I think are the traitors (not RDMing) without losing too must trust or fear of being killed by other innocents.

I also don't have to ID all the bodies that I kill: if I kill a traitor, I get one credit (shown on top right screen) => I can go ID them to collect credits; if I kill an innocent, I don't need to risk being killed by standing still to ID them.

I often try to have at least one spared credit to buy health station. I try to drop health station as late as possible and in hidden sight. I also try to buy teleporter to buy my health station so that I can bail in emergency situations.

I also try to buy as much stuffs as possible and spread my credits to other Detectives. Detectives don't have too many stuffs that they can buy (unlike traitors, who can buy more non-one-time equipment), so sometimes they have more unused credits. Spreading credits to other Detectives can help them out. This combining with buying all equipment possible can avoid large pool of credits falling into the traitors if I get killed.

Using DNA Scanner is probably a no-brainer. I also use the last-person-seen function to find suspicious people.

I also try to go to bodied that got called unless they are in dangerous/sketchy places.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

As an Inno, I tend to go for side goals like secrets. If there arent any I look out for T acts and shoot anyone who does them from my camping spots. I also flail around props when I am inno. Obviously I am the least serious when I am this role.

When I am a Traitor, I tend to become really serious and set up a teleportation system to the t room asap. I buy a death station and heal with that, and wait to be able to buy a disguiser. Then I use t room exits to ambush people or cycle like in innomotel. I sometimes will use other t weapons or buy an awp though.

As a detective I make a tele into the d room or search bodies when asked for dna. If it is a map like dolls I may camp from high up and use binoculars to search bodies of unID’d really far away.

7. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

As inno I just wander aimlessly waiting for something to happen, watching for KOSes and acting on them, marking people suspicious if I feel there is a high chance of them being T, or Avoid if I witness them do something traitorous but think there's a high chance of them being inno. I use the Avoid as a "If I need to, i can kill this guy later."

As T, I usually buy a dragonuv and disguiser on bigger maps, just going ham with the sniper. On smaller maps, i tend to just run around with an AAC killing isolated people, looking for a DB so I can murder with ease. Although lately i've just been having fun buying a silenced pistol and dying fast.

As D, I do the same thing as an innocent except I randomly check bodies for DNA. And occasionally buy an intervention on maps like Canyon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

I shoot people lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

NERDDDDDDDD
    luv you bb <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Aria

Aria Working on myself for awhile VIP

As an Innocent:
    • First off, this is my favorite role. No matter if I have no equipment or that fact that I can't trust anyone around me. I like to be able to ask 101 questions to someone, because you really don't know who is a Traitor and who is an Innocent. Most of the time, I like to hide or just constantly run around in circles around the same area. Though, being Innocent for me is stressful especially when you really don't know when you could be the last Innocent alive (even though most of the time I die at the beginning or 2 minutes into the round), I still love the suspense. My play-style for being innocent is basically be on my toes 24/7. I tend to turn around a lot or even when I'm near someone I ask them tons of questions. My play-style is "Be super annoying and watch out from behind you!" This role for me makes me the most paranoid.
    As a Traitor:
    • Being a Traitor tbh, I kinda dislike it. You have to watch your surroundings almost too closely it seems like. While I am this role though, I tend to follow people around until I kill them. Don't why I just do. I guess I'm too cautious when killing someone while I'm a T because I don't have the best of aim nor the best sense of when the right time to kill is. I tend to place decoys when I can, and I buy harpoons often. I get what I call miracles when I get a harpoon kill, because it normally doesn't happen that often. My play-style is "Be careful, and don't screw up!" This role makes me the most cautious of everything and anything.
    As a Detective:
    • Alright, I will say this, if there is a Detective room I am probably going to camp in it. Due to the fact that I have big target on back from every traitor. As Detective though, I buy a radar first before a health station. Once I get credits (if I haven't died already, like usual), I will buy a health station and put it in a sacred place and only show proven people or people I think who deserve the health where it is at. This role keeps me not only watching my surroundings but it gives me a sense of hope. You got the DNA Scanner (unless you are like me and accidentally get DNA from a Traitor's body...) that helps you track down the guilty people. By far my second favorite role. My play-style is "Who cares you are proven anyways. Have some fun!" This role for me makes me the most enjoyable within the game.
    So if I had to choose which role I would like, this would be the order:
    1. Innocent
    2. Detective
    3. Traitor

11. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

i like to joke around because its a game tbh

12. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Inno
    I'm pretty silently agressive, aka I stick to small groups and when one person does a t act I kill the dude. Usually a t.
    Then when the game is nearing the end I am super aggressive karma begins to fly away.

Detective
    See above

Traitor
    I'm a aggressive son of a gun who likes to measure people out and go and kill all I can with my Tommy gun.

• Like Like x 1