What is the Greatest Movie Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by PwnageKO, Oct 9, 2020.

?

What is the Greatest Movie Trilogy?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2020.
  1. The Lord of the Rings

70.0%
  2. Back to the Future

30.0%
  1. PwnageKO

PwnageKO "I'll be seeing you on the forums." VIP

I think its campy just because that's how Raimi does it lol.

Not enough people give the trilogy credit though for paving the way to normalize superhero movies even being made. Same goes for the Blade movies which were even before Spiderman.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

That's true. It is very Raimi style. But I don't think it would work if another director tried to do it differently. I think when you're given that project, you have to take that campy route. And you're right, Blade did that same thing and they did it well for the first two. What I love about the Spider-Man trilogy, is although there is this huge campiness in it, it's also very grounded in reality in terms of human interaction. Ignoring how the villains are made and some of the technologies, the rest of it is very reality grounded. You don't see how superheroes act in normal public settings in a lot of superhero movies now, which is fine. But it's just really nice to see how he lives his normal life along with his Spider-Man life.

But yeah, Spider-Man along with X-Men started the whole superhero movie craze, mostly marvel. Since we had Superman I-IV before that. There is also the Batman trilogy which is beautifully made, but a lot of people don't really consider it a superhero movie.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. LeBlonde James

LeBlonde James Supporter

The Three Flavor's Cornetto Trilogy is technically a proper series of movies, despite not relating story wise at all.
    Featuring the same actors in essentially the same towns, Edgar Wright directed three movies of different themes: Zombies, Cults, and Aliens.
    The movie actually features some directly referenced things such as (but not limited to): Ice Cream, Alcohol, and the infamous Fence scenes.
    Most people love Shaun of the Dead the best, but Hot Fuzz is my favorite movie of all time and World's End is very underrated/underappreciated.
    Perhaps not a proper "trilogy" (that would be Star Wars original ((prequels are better but not for normal consumption)) trilogy) but it's my personal favorite Trilogy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Tony Danza

Tony Danza Regular Member

Lord of the Rings. Doesn't get better than that

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. food

food VIP

Pretty sure there are more than two movies trilogies...
    Between these two I think the Lord of the Rings trilogy is better. I think that it's better made and better written.
    Also, there are some plot holes in the Back to the Future franchise. That kind of thing bothers me and takes away from my enjoyment of films.

7. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Oh shit I completely forgot about this. Edgar Wright is easily my favorite director and the physical comedy in these movies is absolutely superb. I also have to agree that Hot Fuzz is amazing. I'd like to see Frost and Pegg come back for a fourth movie in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

LOTR is great.
    However I must say that I could write an essay on why the Dark Knight trilogy is one of the best film trilogies ever made, if not THE best.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dapper Cracker

Dapper Cracker Silver Supporter

yo where tf is the original starwar trilogy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. LeBlonde James

LeBlonde James Supporter

In my opinion, Lord of the Rings ruined my life (long story) so personally those movies can right the fuck off. However, they are highly respected and for obvious reasons. They're what defined an epic journey, ranging from small to large, hyper-fantasy plots. Those movies can be both entertaining and well-developed blockbusters. Honestly they can be boring too and super irritating at times to me, but to compare it to Back to the Future is frustrating since Back to the Future is far from a renowned set of movies than just the 1 movie.

Compare Lord of the Rings to Star Wars and now you have essentially a balanced fight. Star Wars is a technical and iconic marvel for it's time, both being cool and entertaining. Lord of the Rings was served exactly the same purpose in the 2000's. It's just a difference of Scale vs Time.

11. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

i mean, it's either the prequels or the pirates of the caribbean trilogy.

I should buy you legendary for saying this

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

I would love to agree with you, but as much as I loved the previous movies in the trilogy, Salazar's Revenge was a disappointment for me.

13. Ahalan

Ahalan Costa este, mejor costa. VIP

Surprised no one's mentioned The Godfather trilogy, I'd put that above LOTR because let's be real, Two Towers didn't do justice for the book, totally downplayed the Ents and Kingdom of Rohan.

14. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

What about Batman Begins - The Dark Knight - The Dark Knight Rises?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. nikki

nikki Dutch female gamer: cocky, rude/toxic. VIP Bronze

MY LUCKY COAT

1 & 2 are classics though, but 3 stinks up the trilogy.

the matrix trilogy is pretty cool although it gets a little confusing at the end

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

That's 5 movies.

17. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the classic Man with No Name Trilogy with Clint Eastwood.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LeBlonde James

LeBlonde James Supporter

The Dark Knight trilogy is amazing, but Rises was so much lesser in pretty much anyone's opinions. Much like the Godfather, the third was quite a let-down and a slow burn from the rest.
    I love Batman Begins and the Dark Knight very much however and I would say it's a close contender to being a "best trilogy".

The Man with No Name; aka Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and The Good Bad and Ugly are just old movies my man. No disrespect but they're not the greatest or entertaining in that sense. Also they really aren't a solid story either.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

The important thing here is trilogy. As someone who unhealthily loves those movies, I accept the fourth and fifth ones. But, like. In an ideal world, just ignore that anything past At World's End even exists.

20. wubby

wubby balls Administrator VIP Bronze

Imo, lord of the rings is boring. But back to the future is amazing. All 3 are amazing (well the 3rd one is kinda lackin).

But yall sleepin on jurassic park/world