What is RDM because everyone has their own definition

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by SAUCEDBOBDOLE, May 3, 2017.

1. SAUCEDBOBDOLE

SAUCEDBOBDOLE New Member

I know the rules are stated on your website and servers as follows:
    RDM (Innocents/Detectives)
    • Randomly damaging or killing other players.
    • Killing someone on suspicion.
    • Killing someone for following you.
    • Randomly prop damaging or killing.
    • Crowbar fighting.
    • If you allow someone to kill you, it's still considered RDM
    With traitor RDM's aswell but what im talking about is if there is a firefight between a group of people and there are a couple bodies on the ground and shooting still going on can people just walk up and kill you? This firefight lasted like 15 seconds and people were dying to quick to identify and too dangerous to hastily identify either.

Today I was playing on TTT EU 2 within the past hour I had a inno kill me because a detective and I were shooting at a T. Both the player Alin. and the MOD andrewca79 said if he sees any shooting he can kill the shooter within 5 seconds. This isnt stated anywhere on the website and RDM traditionally across all servers usually means killing without reason / proof of knowledge of who shot who first ect. So in my opinion of playing GMod on Darkrps and TTT servers this person should have never shot becasue he didnt know who was a T or atleast who started this firefight.

Basically I need to know what the real definition of the term RDM is because obviously every MOD and player has their own opinion.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/sgm-ttt-extended-rules.12605/

We have extended rules. What andrew is describing is 5 second grace period where it states:

3. SAUCEDBOBDOLE

SAUCEDBOBDOLE New Member

So pretty much we can just kill anyone we want within that 5 second graice period and people are abusing that?

4. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

No, the 5 seconds of grace applies to when there is a fight going on, if someone kills someone else, you are allowed to kill them within 5 seconds of them identifying the body of the killer.

Also, if someone killed an inno then you can kill them even after 5 seconds.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  5. SAUCEDBOBDOLE

SAUCEDBOBDOLE New Member

So the graice period only happens when someone gets a kill. So I was RDMed? This is what makes this definition so hard to explain especially since half the rules arent posted on the server loading screen.

6. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

If someone does that to you constantly it will be considered toxic gameplay and they will be punished by an admin+ if you report it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SAUCEDBOBDOLE

SAUCEDBOBDOLE New Member

Thanks Rauno for PMing me in detail the issues. I guess I just have to learn with the 5 sec rule, ID body rule, and shooting rule i better win the firefight or im dead regardless of running away as a Inn.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Yeah, you have to be careful when a gun fight breaks out. I try to just avoid them when they break out, sticking close enough to mop up if needed.

9. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Pretty much @Janppa

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  10. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

T-Baiting
    The term applicable to the situation you have described is "t-bait," which means "to shoot towards another player." The clarification of t-baiting that I'd like you to consider while reading the options I have listed below, is the principle that "a player shooting towards another player, regardless of the context, is an action which constitutes as a traitorous act. An individual who commits this action must have the understanding that he or she is taking a risk by shooting at another player and can be legally killed for such an action."

In the situation you describe, where multiple parties are shooting one another, you have 3 options or routes you as an innocent can take:
    You can either 1) attempt to logically deduce or guess who the traitors are and target these individuals. Or 2) kill anyone who you see committing a traitorous act with no regard or consideration for whether they are a traitor or not. Or 3) wait out the gunfight with the objective to gain more information (ie. identifying bodies to determine if innocents or traitors were killed, etc.).
    Regardless of which option you decide to take in the scenario, each choice has the risk of getting you killed. Option 1 and 2 require you to shoot at players, which as we just learned can get you shot at yourself for committing the very same traitorous act for which you began shooting in the first place. And the 3rd option of waiting out the gunfight (ie. doing nothing), puts you at risk of being shot at yourself by traitors, or you could be treated as guilty by association for not stopping those who are committing traitorous acts, and be killed yet again. And so in closing, regardless of what your actions are in game, there is always a reason someone can find to blow your brains out across the floor. So welcome to TTT, a game of controlled chaos.

Grace Period
    Please also be aware of the information given to you by other members regarding the 5 second grace period. As in, the traitorous act of shooting towards the specific player becomes null and void once the body is identified to be that of a traitor. But beginning from the time of identification of the body and your new proven status there will be a 5 second "grace period" allowing time for all parties involved to perceive/adjust to your new change in status. Should you be killed within this 5 second "grace period", it will not be considered RDM.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1