What does the community think 'common sense' kills are?

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Yellow, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Yellow

Yellow VIP

I've decided to make this post because I got slayed for something that IMO was clearly common sense. The 2 moderators that handled my report didn't. I respect their dicisioin, but I do disagree with it. I want to see what you guys think of the KOS and, if you agree with the 2 moderators what do you think is enough evidence for common sense kill/kos.

P.S. This isn't meant as a toxic thing against the moderators that handled Izzy's report against me. I just want to know what the community thinks of how much evidence is required to kill/kos based on common sense.

clarification why I think this was common sense:
    Izzy shot where the head of the person dead would be, with a deagle. I checked the body it was killed by a deagle 3 seconds ago, the same time Izzy shot. I didn't hear any other deagle shots. And Izzy didn't ID the body in the 3 seconds it took me to walk to the body. And he dissappeared which wouldve taken like 2 seconds.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

Depends on how much the mods like you, and if they're in the middle of an estrogenic fit or not

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. roy

roy is MOST DEFINITELY a ship VIP Silver

While idk who handled the report, that certainly seems like GBA at the very least as you were able to place him next to an unid body that he obviously didn’t ID. I’d be curious what the report/response said though.

4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

It depends on how you responded. If you responded to the report with "I saw you kill xxx" probably a slay. If you responded with something mentioning him not identifying the unID'd body, then no slay. I have to disagree with a GBA call, he could have been shooting at whoever killed the body. I'm not sure how far away you can hear deage shots, like if someone was on top of the lighthouse and shot the man instead, could it be heard?

I'm not sure if this is common sense or not, but it's definitely not Identifying an unID'd body which is enough for a kos.

5. Yellow

Yellow VIP

If you really want to know the name of the 2 mods you can ask around, but it will probably fall under mod descretion. But the report was: "Why did you kos me" and my response was: I will show you my clip in a @message

and in the @message i posted the link + said: based on common sense

6. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

Usually the way it goes, if there's a chance the situation could be totally different, then you will be slayed. For example, someone could have pulled up and shot the dead player with a deagle, then izzy shot and went to go kill the Traitor.

The rule is, "1. When a certain situation allows you to, with 100% certainty, prove that a player is a traitor, or that they have committed a traitorous act, you may kill that player."

Took a look at the "100% certainty" Since there is a chance izzy wasn't a traitor, then its considered RDM.

I would kill izzy for walking past a UNID though.

7. roy

roy is MOST DEFINITELY a ship VIP Silver

Probably comes down to your response. I know it sounds nitpicky but when you claim common sense it means there’s not an alternative to him being a traitor. Obviously here there were certainly alternatives (someone could have shot him and jumped off into the water for example). I think if you had claimed GBA in your report response as your reasoning, it probably doesn’t end up being a slay. We simply aren’t mind readers so your report response is important so we know what you were thinking and why at the time of the kill or KOS.

8. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

Really depends on what you responded with, passing unided body would have been good enough for a valid kill. If you said "I saw you kill him", which you didnt see, would be a slay.
    As in, even if he was running after someone who killed the person you ided, you didnt see if he was running after someone, you used common sense that he passed unided body, which is a valid reason to kill.

9. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

entirely situation dependent, hard to put a concrete definition on something that is inherently vague due to its reliance on situational factors (the report response, the server being played on, any events that have already happened during the round, etc.)

aka: i don't have a fucking clue

• Like Like x 1