What Anime would you show someone that doesn't watch Anime?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Juice Juice™, Jul 19, 2020.

1. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Ive never met anyone who actually likes the netflix adaptaion. Ive never seen it because ive only heard super negative things about it. Maybe I should give it a shot

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

SAO, Aldnoah Zero, FMA: Brotherthood

3. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Movie: Akira if they somehow never seen it.

Show: Probably Mob Psycho 100, tbh. I know that One Punch Man has gotten amazing results from ppl who never seen anime before, but I also know that a ton of non-anime fans I know who have tried watching it gave up cus the premise wasn't interesting to them (The one punch bit got old to them and they couldn't see how it could become an interesting show).

Definitely depends on the person tho. If they're into GoT or shit like that (idk), then probably smthn like Berserk (1997) or Vinland Saga.

I also think Cromartie High Dub is probably a good go-to. Just super easy to put on and watch and enjoy. Not hard to follow at all and as far as anime goes it just seems super accessible to people not into regular anime shit. And I think the best way to get someone interested in anime is to show them stuff that's pretty distanced from traditional anime. Like if they haven't rly watched anime yet or have been uninterested, then something like Naruto or FMA or SAO is incredibly likely to lose their attention and make them just go "omfg pls turn this shit off this is cringe", y'kno?

4. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Re:Zero, depending on the person, might be a good choice too.
    It's weeby enough to give someone a dose of that, while the story is unique and fantastic.

5. Juice Juice™

Light reminds me too much of Logan Paul in the adaptation.

Moleman said it pretty good though: It's pretty much a different story. Haters got every reason to hate bruh!

6. Juice Juice™

Beastars is better, though I've only read it.
    Characters are on par with one another, but Beastars' story has far more substance.

7. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

agreed

8. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

Furries.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Hosi

Hosi Professional agent of chaos VIP

Ghost in the shell: S.A.C.
    Cowboy Bebop
    Gundam 08th ms team
    Trigun
    School days
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

10. Maro Lupus

Maro Lupus I don't know what to make this VIP

[​IMG]

also you can't even @ me this is so cuteeee https://streamable.com/pwzr22

11. Ahalan

Ahalan Costa este, mejor costa. VIP

Are you watching Season 2? Just starting airing two weeks ago, absolutely a solid show.

12. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Juno is the worst character. Panda dude is way cooler and shouldve been the love interest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  13. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

i didnt watch it but isnt it just like final destination but book

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
    also fuck furry animes

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Nah you need to watch JoJo AFTER you've watched a few normal anime so you can appreciate how batshit crazy and over the top it is

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Juice Juice™

I'm resisting the temptation until more episodes come out. I want to binge the fuck out of it.

17. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Legend of the galactic heroes so they realize every other anime they watch is inferior to it

18. RB1008

RB1008 VIP

Pretty much any Hentai episode

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Anime smelly pee pee poo poo. @LeBlonde James

I mean I'll elaborate so I don't look like an idiot. It becomes a problem for me when people make anime their entire life, existence, or online presence. Like all my step-sister talks about is either JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and expects to know all about it or some weird political subreddit/active discord (I barely even use reddit besides to find true comments about products I want to buy) where they talk about anti-centrism by some guy named Jreg.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  20. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

The entire dragon ball series and the movies with it